Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:19 PM
Default Stupid Baby Daycare!
They sent the kid to daycare because all the adults were at work. They sent the kid home from daycare because a child was in the house after school. nobody comes home from work until 7PM at the earliest. It's 3:15 and the baby is crying from hunger. There's nothing the kid can do but coo at the baby. This is stupid!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
They sent the kid to daycare because all the adults were at work. They sent the kid home from daycare because a child was in the house after school. nobody comes home from work until 7PM at the earliest. It's 3:15 and the baby is crying from hunger. There's nothing the kid can do but coo at the baby. This is stupid!

Stupid, but possibly realistic. There must be many neglected babies. I hope yours survives.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:49 PM
I ended up sending dad home because he was furthest from promotion. This is a really annoying glitch. I know parents have to come home early because of daycare problems IRL, but that's a rare thing. This is happening every day right now.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:22 PM
Ugh, I hate this problem. You'd think there would be a check to see if there was a teen or higher collecting the baby first.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 3:02 PM
This drives me nuts! Right now I've got a stay at home mom (well, she fishes... fish at home mom?) but I think next time I play a game like this I'll just send the kids to play at the park or something until the parents get home.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:15 PM
Unrelated, if you have a baby, and a stay at home adult buuuut the adult goes across the street or something, will the baby disappear into the Baby Daycare Void?

I noticed i needed to press the "Come Home" button when they were still on the lot but talking to someone on the other side of the street, just curious...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:41 AM
Anyone requested mods to fix this yet? Because this sounds like something that badly needs a 'stay at daycare till adults are home' fix.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Unrelated, if you have a baby, and a stay at home adult buuuut the adult goes across the street or something, will the baby disappear into the Baby Daycare Void?

I noticed i needed to press the "Come Home" button when they were still on the lot but talking to someone on the other side of the street, just curious...

If they just walk to an open area that you can get to without a loading screen the baby stays at home. If you go somewhere that involves a loading screen though, then they will go to daycare.
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:24 AM
OMG....This oversight by EA about the baby coming home when the kids finish school is sooooo annoying. I'm hoping someone has alerted EA and they make a fix for this...