Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 5:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Keeping clothes inventory when moving in?
Is there really no way to keep the clothes in your inventory when moving in? >_< I have this sim who'll get married soon and she has so many clothes. I tried moving her in another house today (moving in/marriage through propose) and she only kept the clothes she had on It'll be difficult to buy all of her clothes back >_<
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:12 PM
Is she the only one on the lot or are there other sims on her lot.

If there are other sims then you need to move them out and then have her get married and she should keep all.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:09 PM
She has an adult son and I don't want him to move in with her. I'll try moving him out temporarily and moving him back in after the wedding. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:31 AM
Interesting..this is something I never noticed. So..let me get this right.
If a sim moves out his/her home, and then move into another lot, they lose whatever that was in their closet/dresser?
I know all sims have access to the same clothings of a same household..hummm..make sense.
Thanks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 1:51 AM
I'm not sure what Mark is saying there - that if she moves out as the only person she'll take her clothes with her? Not in my experience. The clothes are tied to the house where they're bought. They're not in the inventory, they're in the wardrobe - but taking the wardrobe doesn't help. I've tried.

When a real clothes horse moves, I just send her out shopping again. After all, think of the people with the fullest closets you know - don't they have lots of things they only wear once? And aren't they continually shopping for more? Dress her in the outfits you like best, let her move, and send her on a shopping spree.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:52 PM
Voilà. My sims keeps their outfit all the time, I never change them, they have only one per category.
They always move bringing their furniture, dresser included..so of course, I could never noticed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)