Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 8:56 PM
Default Is this a bug?
This is starting to annoy me more. The relationship thing that comes up on the top of the screen isn't going away, long after sims have stopped socializing. I even tried saying 'goodbye' and it's still there. Has this happened with anyone else?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:19 PM
I see it all the time now too. Even when my sim is alone in the house, I still have the conversation box on top.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:20 PM
Yes, it happens on occasion. It appears for me at least that it occurs when I have queued some chat on the other sim and the other sim is required to leave the lot; so the sim takes off before I can cancel the queued action, and the box at the top is stuck in place because my sim thinks he is still going to chat up the other sim. lol.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:07 PM
That's the (ahem) *hopeful mode*, mayhap.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:11 PM
I wish there was a way to cancel it out
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:37 PM
I've solved that problem by sending the glitched sim to another lot and back because it forces the game to reload them. It's not a permanent fix but it makes the relationship banner go away.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:04 AM
Has anyone tried the resetsim cheat to fix this?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:17 AM
It fixes itself if you do as the poster above you, travel to a different lot; at least it has always been fixed for me in this fashion. I have yet to use ResetSim in this game, and hopefully I never will.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:28 AM
I've also sometimes noticed skilling bars to stay stuck after a Sim stops doing the skilling action in question. It seems to reset itself while the Sim is at school or work, and I bet the fixes mentioned above would also work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 5:58 PM
i haven't had this issue since installing the new patch. maybe it's fixed.
Instructor
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i haven't had this issue since installing the new patch. maybe it's fixed.

Unfortunately it's not. I just had it happen yesterday.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:08 PM
This just happened to me yesterday, it doesn't go away if i make the two sims talk again either. I wonder what the problem is.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:15 PM
I had the conversation box and skilling bar stay on my sim long after the point it's over. I played some last night.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:51 PM
Under some circumstances this bug almost becomes a feature. I once had a Sim gain a skill point long after he'd stopped doing the skilling activity. He might even have been asleep at the time.

Now one thing I haven't tried is to start that Sim working on a different skill. But I haven't had that bug occur again lately, nor the one with the conversation box.