Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2017 at 4:08 AM
Default Can't gain celebrity level,paparazzi won't take photos.
One of my sims needs to get on the acting branch,in order to do so he needs to gain celebrity level. However,there's a lot of paparazzis in town,but nobody takes photos of nobody! Including vacation locations,a lot of paparazzis walking around,but nobody takes photos...I've already gained his charisma level to 8,athletic to 8,cooking to 8,and stand outside for a whole day,nothing happens.Help please,I want to put him on the acting branch so I can get to the next household.Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2017 at 7:57 AM
Your sim has no celeb stars at all?

How would anyone know you have those skills if you don't tell them (or cook for them)? I don't think it works that way unless you have celebs in your family already. Instead of standing still waiting to become famous, perhaps figure out who the existing celebs are or where they hang out and make friends with them. Not the upper level 4- and 5-stars as in the beginning you won't be able to impress them enough to even start a conversation, but the lower level ones.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/l...ebritystars.php

Being besieged by photo snapping paparazzi is a side-effect of being a celeb, not a way to become one from the start. As reviled and annoying as they are to many players, they do have standards.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2017 at 9:00 AM Last edited by billygot : 7th May 2017 at 9:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Your sim has no celeb stars at all?

How would anyone know you have those skills if you don't tell them (or cook for them)? I don't think it works that way unless you have celebs in your family already. Instead of standing still waiting to become famous, perhaps figure out who the existing celebs are or where they hang out and make friends with them. Not the upper level 4- and 5-stars as in the beginning you won't be able to impress them enough to even start a conversation, but the lower level ones.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/l...ebritystars.php

Being besieged by photo snapping paparazzi is a side-effect of being a celeb, not a way to become one from the start. As reviled and annoying as they are to many players, they do have standards.

The reason I'm confused is,I played Bridgeport once,and my sim very easily gained a celebrity star by paparazzi photos,but I didn't need it then as he is in the law enforcement career...now I need it in the acting career,all paparazzis won't take photos anymore. Could it be because I turned story progression off?And also I started new game in another neighborhood,Plains...something,not just in this neighborhood,all the paparazzis in China,France and Egypt are exactly the same...anyway,thanks for replying,I'll manage.
Site Helper
#4 Old 7th May 2017 at 6:46 PM
Check your game settings. Have you had the active household opted out of the Celebrity system? If your sim in law enforcement removed most of the charm of having to dispel rumors or kick paparazzi out of the room while you are having some quality time with the spouse, you might have discovered that setting, mentally said something like "Halleluia!!" and then forgot about it after opting out. (I did. I got tired of having one of my sims insisting that he needed to see the ghosts of all those camera-wielding idiots. At one point all of his wants that I was ignoring involved seeing the ghost of a different, living, paparazzi. After I opted the family out of the system and they stopped being as much of a nuisance I forgot about the setting altogether. Then, about a year later, I went back to another game and started wondering why I wasn't making any more progress on those Kama Simtra challenges involving celebrities... )

If all else fails, get master Controller with the Cheats module and give your sim his first star. The acting career has a job tone that will let you build from there.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook