Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 11:03 AM
After reading this whole thread, I noticed there have been plenty of things I'd LOVE to see put into The Sims 4 (including weather and pets in the base game, better graphics, etc). Whether we get any of them or not is a completely different story, but I can't help but think of wanting to see these things/scenarios when I imagine how The Sims 4 is going to be *I've seen so many posts I'm not sure if any of these have been said, so if they have, then excuse my ignorance XD*:

I'm presenting my ideas in scenarios, so beware! I'm in a writing mood! LOL Yet there is a point to all of it! I'd like to see all/most of this in the base game, even though I'm pretty sure I won't get it. It's just my imagination going crazy. Just imagine this stuff happening in the Sims world, and see how it goes. Warning...it's a long story, but entertaining IMO.

- Our sim's name today is Steve. Say hello to him, wave, chat about jelly beans, what have you. He is a contractor, and every morning he has to be at the construction site at the crack of dawn so he can oversee houses/office buildings/etc being built. As he's just about ready to leave, he checks the weather, and he hears it's going to be a blustery, rainy day. He makes sure to bring an umbrella. His wife is up, and right as he's heading out the door, he gives her a peck on the cheek and yells goodbye from the car (this would be automatic if any household sims are nearby when he gets in the car) As he drives to the construction site of the day, he makes sure to stop at the red light, and also brake when a kid accidentally runs out into the street to fetch a runaway ball he and his brother was playing with. When he gets to the site, he parks the car and walks across the parking lot. He sees a coin on the ground and decides to pick it up, knowing that heads means good luck. Unfortunately, it's tails, and when he realizes this, he grumbles and puts it in his pocket anyways.

Little does Steve know that this little decision has changed his entire day.

He watches all the workers building the house, making sure they aren't slacking and makes calls pertaining to the project throughout the day. It's about noon when the sky gets dark, and thunder rumbles in the distance. The storm that was predicted is here, and that means construction needs to stop until it passes and it's safe to work again. Steve and the workers all huddle under an open air tent, shielding themselves from the rain that's pouring down. The wind picks up, making the tent completely pointless. Some sims start to shiver from the wind and rain, and a couple yell as if they're saying "WHEN IS IT GONNA STOP?!" and "THIS SUCKS!" . Some decide to sit in their cars (if they came to work with one) and wait out the storm, which is what Steve decides to do. He reaches his car and tries to open the door. Locked. Makes sense, right? Well, Steve decides to unlock the car with his keys............which are in the car. He looks into the window and sees them, and screams in frustration. He calls home to see if his wife has a spare set. Luckily she does, but she's in the middle of a book club (or any other club for that matter...like a Llama Appreciation Club ), and can't leave for another hour. He waits out the storm in another car, and while waiting, he chats with the worker that's in the car with him.

Suddenly the wind picks up, and it almost seems like a hurricane because of how strong the winds are. Then there's a loud crack...and then another....and then across the street, we see a tree falling down from the wind. It's a pretty decent sized tree, and it blocks the road.........and crushes Steve's car in the parking lot (thanks to the unfortunate parking spot he chose **side note: That could be another form of death....natural disaster.....the ghost could be white with blue, yellow, green in the center, with leaves, wind waves, etc particle effects in the middle to represent it ). Immediately after the tree falls, the rain and wind stop, and the sun comes out, birds chirping and a rainbow appears in the sky. Steve sees his car and cries. The workers laugh at the car, and make jokes about it (but only with each other, not in front of Steve, or they'd be out of a job!) Cars are blocked from the road thanks to the tree, and a couple of sims get out of their cars to point and yell at the tree for being in the way. A couple of those sims are pretty angry, and two of them start a yelling match in the middle of the road, with other cars honking their horns. One sim waiting in his car sees the argument, and yells out the window the Simlish equivalent of "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!". Shortly after, we see a crew truck come by to work on removing the tree. They remove the tree from Steve's car, which is now just junk, and pull him off to the side to ask a few questions and other random stuff. As this is happening, a hobo walks by and sees the former car sitting there. Seeing the potential for valuables or scrap metal, he starts picking apart the car, and ends up pulling off the passenger door. (the crushing making it easy to pull it off) He laughs as he runs off with it, and Steve turns around just in time to see the hobo disappear. He tries to start chasing him down, but it's pointless. Needless to say, Steve's day just got pretty bad.

After calling the wifey and explaining the crazy situation, he asks if she'll pick him up from work today. She says yes, and he calls for a tow truck. When one comes, the tow man laughs at the crushed car, despite Steve's pained face. It comes time to pay for the tow service, and when he reaches to get his wallet, he realizes it's not there. He checks all his pockets and the ground, but it's nowhere to be found. He calls the wife AGAIN to check for the wallet at home, but alas, it's not there. He immediately thinks of the hobo (maybe in a thought bubble with a '?' beside it ), and cries again. The tow man just stands there, hands out and waiting for the moolah, and Steve asks his wife to bring some money. She gets there and, instead of just giving the man his money, decides to FLIRT with him and try to get out of paying for the service. The tow man falls for it, and waives the charge, continuing to flirt with the wife in front of Steve. Steve tells the two of them to quit flirting, but they keep doing it. Suddenly his wife gives him the keys to her car and says that she's gonna go spend some time with Mr. Tow Man, and they both drive off together, leaving both Steve and the crushed car in the same spot. Steve just stands there in shock, not knowing what just happened. He then drives home in his wife's car, but just as he's almost home, he gets a flat tire. He gets out of the car and screams at the sky, (screaming at us, the player lol), and changes the tire. Just as he's getting back into the car, another car speeds by and splashes water from a nearby puddle right onto Steve, soaking him to the bone. He just sighs and grumbles all the way home, and continues when he enters his house. Just before he does though, he pulls out the 'unlucky coin' he picked up that morning, yells at it, and throws it off into the distance, realizing it was the source for his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I could probably go all day with that, but I'm tired, and it's late here, so I stopped there. Now it doesn't have to be a contractor job or anything that specific, but I would be thrilled if any of that stuff happened in the next Sims sequel. I mean yes, it'd suck for the Sim, but when has that stopped a lot of us before, right? I'd like it if just a little thing like picking up an unlucky coin could ruin your sim's day/life, and vise versa for a lucky coin. It's similar to the Lucky trait I guess, but I'd like it if it was more extreme.

That, and I really want to see a hobo do random stuff like stealing crushed car doors and giggling as he runs away with it.....and later having a sim remember the hobo as a culprit for something.

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 9:55 AM
Why do I get the feeling I killed the thread with my novel of a scenario ^^ up there?

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
One Minute Ninja'd
#203 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simzfreek89
Why do I get the feeling I killed the thread with my novel of a scenario ^^ up there?

I would not yet draw that conclusion. But I'm only up to chapter 3.
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I would not yet draw that conclusion. But I'm only up to chapter 3.

Better make sure to grab some tissues for Chapter 4! It's a real tearjerker!

Mad Poster
#205 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 11:21 PM
I adore that mini-novel up there! My main wishes are for traffic similar to SC5, in which they stop at lights and stop signs and don't drive through each other. Parking lots could have templates (6 cars, 12 cars, 18 cars) that have preset animations for your sims to turn into and park in.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 11:28 PM
- Natural disasters and minor weather included with the base game. I'd like tornados and such to come about and make my little Sim's lives harder. Oh, and the option to turn them off.
- No more rabbit holes. Granted, The Sims 4 will probably be more comp-imploding than The Sims 3, but I'd still like there to be much less rabbit holes then there were.
- More than one neighborhood post-game installation. Riverview might've tided this, but The Sims was released in the early 2000's, so I'll leave it there. The Sims 2 had THREE neighborhoods. The Sims 3 started with one.
- Sims that are not boring and wooden. Every premade-Sim in The Sims 3 is either single, happily married and "looking to settle", or boring as watching a documentary on pants zippers.
- A sequel to The Sims 2 timeline. I'd like to see more non-wanted Lothario children than the Martinez family cloned x 1,000,000.

And that's all, really.
(The Martinez family. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Martinez_family. And yes, at this point, I think The Sims 3 has SEVENTEEN EA-developed towns, but most of them are as bland as Sunset.)
Test Subject
#207 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 11:39 PM
Maybe a little minor but it kinda bothered me how cars phased through objects. I know it may produce routing problems and whatnot, but I think I'd like to see car accidents. It's a silly idea, but it would be hilarious to watch Sims get out of their cars after a wreck and fight each other because they both thought they had the right of way or watch your Sim get plowed because he decided not to look both ways before crossing the street.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simzfreek89

I'm still quite invested in this thread; I just haven't had any ideas worth posting. Your "novel" is actually a pretty interesting read. It's nice read something a little different once and a while, especially from someone who actually took the time to read the other posts. Couldn't help but notice that your lead character was a contractor. Did you get that from the post I made about contractors? If so, I'm glad at least one reader liked the idea; it didn't seem to go over so well when I suggested it.
Test Subject
#209 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 9:33 AM
There's already so many thing to do in Sims. I don't really know what can be add in sims 4. Maybe better architecture? (However i already can't decide what to buy )
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 7:24 PM Last edited by simzfreek89 : 7th Feb 2013 at 7:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DragonSaint
I'm still quite invested in this thread; I just haven't had any ideas worth posting. Your "novel" is actually a pretty interesting read. It's nice read something a little different once and a while, especially from someone who actually took the time to read the other posts. Couldn't help but notice that your lead character was a contractor. Did you get that from the post I made about contractors? If so, I'm glad at least one reader liked the idea; it didn't seem to go over so well when I suggested it.

Well, in all honesty I just thought of a random occupation off the top of my head, but I DO remember the suggestion (it was with the workers coming out to actually build the building you made in real time, right? I think that was it lol) . That might've helped in my thought process. It really isn't a horrible suggestion....EA just has to execute it right....and that is where I think the problem is. Their track record isn't all that reliable. I think a way to make that work (without being time consuming and yet still being enjoyable to watch) would be to have the building all made, and then the workers come, but build the lot extremely fast, almost like fast forwarding, but not entirely XD. It could take like...30-sim mins for a simple house, and for a mansion-like house, about 2 sim hours. I can just imagine it though, them rushing around, hammering, and little dust clouds are everywhere, hiding the loading objects and such. I mean, it wouldn't be TOO realistic, but for those that want more realism, it would add something. And if you don't want the feature, you can disable it in the options menu, and you can have an instant house, and the construction career would make up for it in some other way (I can't think of a way atm )

Test Subject
#211 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 1:07 PM
I think what Sims4 could really benefit from would be difficulty settings.
A game played on "hard mode" could mean you start with less money, less or more complicated traits, bad luck, a boss who hates that Sim, higher rent/college costs, natural catastrophes, alien abduction etc.
A "Easy mode" on the other hand would give more Simoleons, a big group of friends,
promotions you didn't have to work hard for, always nice weather.
That way you could play the same Sim several times, but it would always be different depending on which setting you choose.

Another idea would be an "adult setting". Some Simmers would love proper names for things like "nectar" or "whoohoo", teenage pregnancies, accidents, sickness. Others don't. Why not give us the choice?

That's what I've noticed most while reading the posts on "University"; Simmers want the choice to play the game the way they imagine, not the way that EA thinks they have to make the game so as not to offend anyone.
Test Subject
#212 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 1:29 PM
Okay, so I'm really hoping for all of this in the base game, but sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. *shakes head sadly*

I'd love, love, love a university/college right in town. I'd also really like that university not to be a rabbithole. Oh, and speaking of rabbitholes--I wish they'd all disappear in the Sims 4! They annoy me so greatly. But, even if they don't go away, I'd like a little more interactions inside them.

I definitely want more neighborhood choices. I've been playing Sunset Valley and tried to download Riverview but lost interest, and I'm SO bored of both of them! Why not give us something interesting like an Australian rainforest? How about the Sahara? Come on, Electronic Arts, you can be more creative than that!

Now that my ideas have been shouted from a soapbox, I want to say, I really agree wih LonelyWillow. It'd be a great idea if we could have a hard mode and an easy mode, and if we could turn on or turn off adult settings. It would honestly make a Simmer's life so much easier. What do you guys think?

-Simmy Silly Holly
Check out my 100 Baby Legacy!
http://www.100babylegacy.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#213 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 2:20 PM
Another idea: I think rabbit-holes should be a choice as well.
Sure, my Sim may have a job that is not much fun to watch (like sitting at a desk all day), but what if I want to anyway?
Maybe it would be pointless for me as a player to follow my Sim into the cinema if all he does is watch a 2 hour long movie, but what if I want to use that as an opportunity to flirt with another Sim or bother the other movie goers?
A day at school would probably be boring, but I'd like the chance to see my Sim kid during recess where he plays and interacts with other kids.
So for Sims4 I'd still like rabbit-holes to exist, if I can see what's happening inside them whenever I choose. Half-rabbit-holes, so to speak.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 10:50 AM Last edited by DragonSaint : 10th Feb 2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary content
Quote: Originally posted by Lonelywillow
I think what Sims4 could really benefit from would be difficulty settings.
A game played on "hard mode" could mean you start with less money, less or more complicated traits, bad luck, a boss who hates that Sim, higher rent/college costs, natural catastrophes, alien abduction etc.
A "Easy mode" on the other hand would give more Simoleons, a big group of friends,
promotions you didn't have to work hard for, always nice weather.
That way you could play the same Sim several times, but it would always be different depending on which setting you choose.

I don't think conventional difficulty settings such as "easy" or "hard" would be a good fit for the sims series. I would hate to sacrifice something like alien abductions, bad luck, or more complicated traits and have nice weather all the time just so my sims start out with more money and pay less on rent. I'd rather have the option to choose and adjust the features I want individually.
Test Subject
#215 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonSaint
I don't think conventional difficulty settings such as "easy" or "hard" would be a good fit for the sims series. I would hate to sacrifice something like alien abductions, bad luck, or more complicated traits and have nice weather all the time just so my sims start out with more money and pay less on rent. I'd rather have the option to choose and adjust the features I want individually.

Well, you're right, it would again be too restrictive. Maybe what we need is sliders and check boxes on more of the content. Aliens: Yes or No? Crime: Yes or No? Age of your Sime before he/she can have babies/woohoo?
It would be hard to implement, especially as we can count on the programmers to forget the most important options (like turning off zombies in Supernatural), but this will be a completely new game, so there is a chance they can get it right.
Field Researcher
#216 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 7:23 PM
I don't know what would be so hard about it. All they have to do is download Twallan's mods and stea... errr, MODEL the new software on that basis ...
Top Secret Researcher
#217 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 7:34 PM
A way for sims from previous games to be imported into sims 4 then we could have are favorite sims in the new game without trying to remake them in cas.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#218 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 7:02 AM
I would want the CAS system to be like it was for the sims 2. It only needed to load all of your clothes and hairstyles once per game, then whenever you went back to it, you didn't have to wait for everything to load all over again. It made changing my sims appearance so much faster, and more fun.
Theorist
#219 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ViolettaVie
Worn or broken, similar to TS2 Uni dorm furniture. I haven't seen furniture damaged by pets yet.

Have furnishings degrade over time and have the option to replace or buy a new piece of furniture. Just like when your sim over repairs their computer from constant hacking and being caught. Eventually they get a menu to either Repair, Call a Technician or Replace. I'd love that.

Quote: Originally posted by Lonelywillow
Another idea: I think rabbit-holes should be a choice as well.

Great idea!! Not everyone wants non-RH's. I'm one of them. I get that certain professions/careers are interactive - PI, Stylist, Interior Designer, Firefighter, etc., but if my sim is a CEO of a mega corporation, going to work with him/her and attending meetings would not be on my list of things to do. That is boring. Besides, what's the attraction? EVERYONE LOVES SIMS 2 and how much we MISS this, that and the other thing. In Sims 2 we couldn't go to work with our sims let alone SEE where their work venue was. They went off the lot and came home at the end of the work day. Unless of course, they had a home business like a bakery, deli, restaurant, clothing store, etc.,

Please EA, make sure we have an OFB style capability because we need it!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 11:43 PM
You know what else I want? A magic expansion that has a TRUE Magic Town. Moonlight Falls doesn't count. Although it is probably one of my more favorite Electronic Arts developed towns.
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I want to be able to join up worlds. So when EA bring out a new world, I want my sims to be able to drive down the road to get to it.

EXACTLY!

This has been one of the greatest limitations of the game, IMHO. There is little to no openess and connectivity between towns. Opening up a connection between two to three cities would change the dynamics of the game and give much more exciting gameplay opportunities. I hate that I can't grow up in Riverview or Sunset Valley and then simply move to Bridgeport and still be able to con tact my friends and family back home - or visit better yet. It's a shame that when I packed up my wife and myself and started anew in Bridgeport, my character's entire family was wiped out and he was a virrtual orphan without even memories of his family. That's ridiculous.

I would also love to see the following:

** MORE EMPHASIS ON FINANCIAL ASPECTS! **

- This is the BIG one for me. As I said when we had this same conversation before
the development of SIMS 3, we neeed many more financial transactions such as
  • Savings and checking accounts for family members
  • The ability to take out loans
  • Banks
  • Safety Deposit Boxes to store snd keep deeds to commercial property
  • A rental property system perhaps
  • Financial invetments (e.g. stocks, bonds, and mutual funds)
  • The ability to tranasfer financial assets to others
  • Inheritances (wills)
  • A way to keep individual family member's fundfs separate if desired
These would add SIGNIFICANTLY to the fun and realism of game play!!

- Bring back features of TS2's Oopen for Business and let us start our own businesses

- Bring back slow dancing for goodness sake. That's a no brainer!

- Bring back the more realistic looking Sims of TS2

- Bring back the natural emotion and affection for babies & toddlers. In TS3 a child
can literally grow up a stranger in his own home.

- Expand community interactiveness and place more bodies in public gatherings and
venues. Not so many rabbit holes.

- Enable aging in stages between adulthood and olg age - maybe a "young, middle age,
and late adulthood" stage instead of going from glam to glum in a single bound. It's
downright depressing.

- Include health states, even common medical conditions in the game with bonuses
or incentives for remaining healthy

- Add more careers - particularly financial careers (banker, brokers, fund managers)

- Stop having cars drive through each other. More realistic speeds

- Have more interactions with the environment such as the ability to sdwim or fish
in any body of water, or to put fish in a pond or lake.

- Stop the ridiculous pathing actions. I should bne able to set my child down in the
room and not have to travel to the front door to do so.

- Add variable controlds to the rate of skill level building and lifetime rewards as they
finally did with lifespans.

If EA addressed even half of these additions into TS4 I would personally not only buy
every EP they came out with, but would buy them for my best friends as well!
Forum Resident
#222 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 7:53 AM
Same, I've wanted expanded financials in the game since TS1. I want the ability to go into debt, buy things on credit, etc. I also think for this, we'd need difficulty levels in the game. I know for as easy many of us think the game is, there are many people out there, mostly younger players who struggle with the time management and use cheats just to keep their Sims afloat. I'd love to have three interconnected worlds off the bat, one metropolis, one large suburban town and one small town. The metropolis would be the hardest level (highest taxes, most expensive property, food, clothes, etc.) followed by the big town and then the small town. So a Sim living comfortably in the small town would have to struggle financially in the big city.

I also think with banks, the criminal career needs to be taken up a notch in TS4 in general and be fully interactive like an Ambitions career. I want to be able to become a criminal and actually commit crimes and the only salary they receive is what they steal/swindle. Start out as a small time pickpocket and work on those skills, then move on to small-time con, then running scams, then shaking down people who owe the mob money, robbing small businesses and homes and then finally, bank robber. I also think if they go this route then jail time should be long-term.

They should remove the free universal taxi system. If you want a taxi, you should have to pay. Walking should be the default mode of transportation but cars, buses, bicycles and subways should also be available depending on where you live. I also remember watching a video for Assassin's Creed and seeing a character ride a horse and then the horse was bumping into people but just pushed them out of the way. I think this could also work with cars. Instead of going through people and other cars, people either jumped out of the way or the car would stop and wait.
Field Researcher
#223 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 8:53 PM
There are some things that they really need to build into the base game, because if they're added in a pack they're never made consistent and functional for users with different combinations of packs. Memories, for example, and photography- those were never updated and never properly integrated into the game after the pack they first appeared in.
Theorist
#224 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 2:33 AM
SHOPPING!!! My sims need to go shopping again - for clothes and shoes and jewelry... etc., Also, please make it so that they HAVE to do grocery shopping and not just click on the fridge and pay if they're out of ingredients. I want them to have an empty fridge and for them to go to the grocery store when they're out of food.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#225 Old 19th May 2013 at 4:18 PM
Default Less buggy!
I would be happy if TS4 just had fewer bugs and did not constantly crash.
Not going to buy it if lots of people start reporting problems.
Page 9 of 10