Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 1:35 PM Last edited by Emie937 : 29th Aug 2016 at 1:46 PM.
Default I want Origin GONE!!! (I want to play without internet!)
Hey, I'll make this quick. I don't know why, but I HATE ORIGIN! And I REALLY want to find a way to get into TS3 without even having internet enough for Origin to log in.

Ok, so I was seriously angry because I have a VERY faulty internet connection and when I don't have internet, I can't play TS3 even though it's an offline game. I find this very very restricting and also is smells a bit of corporate nastiness. I am also a Creator so I would prefer anything not interfere with TS3CAW or easily undo/redo able to I could turn it back on if necessary. Also a permanent offline mode where is doesn't need to log in after a restart would be fine also.

Hiya, I'm a Sims Modder, Gamer, and YouTuber, my info is below.
My YouTube Channel
My Creations
Not Spamming I just like to introduce myself, Hi there!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 3:06 PM
If you have a disc for the latest EP you have installed, put that disc in the drive before you start up. (Although you may need to install from that disc, too.)

I did install my base game from origin because my disc was in the drive of the computer that was being repaired, but all my EPs (well, all 4 of them) are installed from disc, and I'm running from my Supernatural disc (my latest EP) without having to worry about being online. (And I can guarantee that because when I have too much trouble going online I give up and load my sims game.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 4:09 PM
You don't have to be online to start Origin and play your game. You need to enter your eMail/password and Origin starts in offline mode (or you can switch to offline mode while Origin is running already). You just don't have access to any online features that Origin provides.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 5:34 PM
lock Origin processes with any firewall software (system built-in will do basics) and unlock only deliberatelly (Origin like Steam and others' store app such type connects on itself periodically even if in "offline mode"). The same with the game itself. Disable any "internet features" in options, Play in Origin and game offline mode to avoid "unable to connect" error messages. Problem solved.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 6:30 PM
OK so my sims 3 launcher came up in offline mode. But how do I get rid of this? (Picture below) [IMG][/IMG]

My YouTube Channel
My Creations
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 8:49 PM
put username/password and check "Remember me"?

There's no way to avoid Origin running behind the scene at 1.69 level, so yes, part of resources will be eaten anyway and there's a new window for application's errors ofc.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:42 AM
I finally figured it out. Thanks for everything! I never thought I would have to turn my PC-protection software against my game (effectively giving my computer auto-immune disease LOL) but it fixed it. I don't mind origin running it's just for a while I though I was locked out of an offline game I payed for if I didn't have internet. But all fixed now (knock-on-wood, crossed fingers) so I think I should be ok. Again thanks.

My YouTube Channel
My Creations
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:38 PM
I have not 1.69 level game so I dunno if like S4 Origin disease the borky service will restart processes (or kill the game) after disabling 'em anyway. At last that was such way when I tested the game. Well you can always try to put unwanted software into the idle (in Windows Manager process priority - lowest).

Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 8:37 AM
I can play TS3 fine offline, have had to do it a few times now!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 11:08 PM
I avoid Origin by playing the Steam version. I can live with Steam.

It also keeps me on 1.67.

Yes, I can live with Steam.