Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 202 (Who?), Viewed: 154564 times.
Page 4 of 9
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#76 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 1:08 AM
Well actually, that's not an error, it's a warning saying that there was no rig loaded with the mesh. You need the rig editor addon to load rigs, looks like you don't have it.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 3:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmomoney
Well actually, that's not an error, it's a warning saying that there was no rig loaded with the mesh. You need the rig editor addon to load rigs, looks like you don't have it.


I dont understand cause I dowloaded and installed it and the rig editor is enabled. What should I do then? And thanks 4 asking!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 10:29 PM
Cmo...I was looking and the only thing I found that I could think It could be the problem is the folder with the rigs files that I dont know where to put it in the blender folder...Do u think that could be my problem?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#79 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 12:06 AM
There is no need to place the folder anywhere or even extract the files. You just select the .zip from the Install Addon dialog and the folder gets placed automatically.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 1:27 AM
the program doesnt recognizes the .zip!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 2:00 AM
I tried to open it with the program and it keeps telling me the same error
Alchemist
#82 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 2:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiK_HeinekeN
I tried to open it with the program and it keeps telling me the same error
What are you trying to add in to Blender and which version of Blender are you trying to add it into?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 4:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemittens
What are you trying to add in to Blender and which version of Blender are you trying to add it into?


ver 2.62 and the rig folder cause of the error it keeps giving
Alchemist
#84 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 4:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiK_HeinekeN
ver 2.62 and the rig folder cause of the error it keeps giving
Yes ...but *which* rig folder? What is the name of the .rar, .zip, or .7z it's inside of?
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemittens
Yes ...but *which* rig folder? What is the name of the .rar, .zip, or .7z it's inside of?


The file name is 32899_111222211232-io_TS3_rig and the rigs folder is inside this one MTS_cmomoney_1278180_io_TS3_geom
Alchemist
#86 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiK_HeinekeN
The file name is 32899_111222211232-io_TS3_rig and the rigs folder is inside this one MTS_cmomoney_1278180_io_TS3_geom
That zip is meant to be installed whole as a .zip. It isn't gonna work if you open the zip and start trying to install the contents like that.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemittens
That zip is meant to be installed whole as a .zip. It isn't gonna work if you open the zip and start trying to install the contents like that.


Forgive my dumbness but which of the two files I point? And what did u mean by installed as a whole? :/
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 7:10 PM
Default Still need help
??????????
Alchemist
#89 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiK_HeinekeN
Forgive my dumbness but which of the two files I point? And what did u mean by installed as a whole? :/
Put the geom.zip on your desktop



Open Blender. Go to File in upper left corner and from the menu choose User Preferences



Click Addons and then Install Addon



A new screen will pop up. Navigate to your desktop and select the .zip. In the line where the name of what you selected shows up it should say .zip at the end. That is, you select the .zip itself not the contents of the zip. Choose the entire .zip.



Install that and then in the box that pops up choose Save As Default.

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 2:32 AM
Install that and then in the box that pops up choose Save As Default.

Thank U for the pic tutorial!!! Hope it help me...LOL
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 1:07 AM
Install that and then in the box that pops up choose Save As Default.

Now its says... Warning:Build Complete...thats it right?!!
Test Subject
#92 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 10:21 PM
Hello, im a bit late, but i use blender 2.62, i installed the zip, i see the import/export geom in my addons list but it doesnt let me enable it, i'm not sure what else i can do.
Thanks in advance for areply.

.(\_/).
(='.'=)
... (")-(") ...
Spéciale dédicace à la Grosse Lola!!! ;-)

Find my new creation on the great site LucentSims
Alchemist
#93 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbgacy
Hello, im a bit late, but i use blender 2.62, i installed the zip, i see the import/export geom in my addons list but it doesnt let me enable it, i'm not sure what else i can do.
Thanks in advance for areply.
If you just recently downloaded you may have gotten the version which was updated for 2.63. Maybe update your Blender and give it another try.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 2:53 PM
i know this thread is kind of dead but I need some help. I'm new to meshing and i want to learn to make custom clothes, but every time I try to load the GEOM, it doesn't appear and I get this: (refer to thumbnail)

If anyone knows how to fix it that would be great...
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#95 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 3:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSparx
i know this thread is kind of dead but I need some help. I'm new to meshing and i want to learn to make custom clothes, but every time I try to load the GEOM, it doesn't appear and I get this: (refer to thumbnail)

If anyone knows how to fix it that would be great...

See post #67.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 4:41 PM
Thanks Cmo. Scuse me for being a dumb blonde.

Someday, I want to work for EA so I can give The Sims franchise the jump-start kick in the ass it deserves.
Test Subject
#97 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 6:15 PM
Sorry I got two problems.
I'm using blender 2.63a x64.
One is that after exporting, the mesh rotated.


The other one is this error message.


Thanks for your help.
Test Subject
#98 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 7:06 PM
I wish this worked for me. Can anyone help?
I can download this and it works fine but when I go to import the geom file it just gives me a message saying "Warning: No rig loaded. Build Complete"
But all it does is just put some sort of dull gradient on that cube/box in the middle of the screen.
Am I missing a step?

p.s. I am trying to import a hair mesh. It is just a simple male short haircut.
Test Subject
#99 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 3:31 AM Last edited by drspaceman : 10th Jul 2012 at 4:27 AM.
edit: nvm
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#100 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 8:02 PM
Hi, Cmo. I got the import/export working - great job on these! Question - is it possible to add vertices/faces to a mesh using Blender with these plugins? I was able to import and export a mesh without changes with no problems. Then I tried using the Blender knife tool and it wouldn't export the resulting mesh with what I think was an index out of range error (sorry, I didn't copy the error text). When I tried again, Blender hung and became unresponsive while exporting with no error message. So I suspect the plugin isn't designed to export a mesh with changed faces - am I right?
Page 4 of 9
Back to top