Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:59 PM
Installing Custom Content
Sorry to be a bother but I just got TS4 and I saw that there are different instructions for installing CC and I'm confused.
Can someone explain to me how install CC in TS4? I've picked out some hair, clothes, some mods, Script, Tuning and XML I think? Not all the ones I picked out have install instructions but they do say what type of mod they are.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:21 PM
You extract the files and then cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder.

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

If you don't have a Mods folder , you can just make one.

"I only live in real life, when my Sims need a break"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:06 PM
For what kinds of mods? Scripting, tuning, xml, CAS files? Or is it just like TS3 where everything is .package files in the mods folder?

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:32 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 4 - Installing CC
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 4.

Game_Help:TS4_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing custom content.

No, is not like TS3. Some files go in the Mods folder, some are unzipped while some are not, and some go in Tray folder.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
  • Sims 4 - Installing CC
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 4.

Game_Help:TS4_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing custom content.

No, is not like TS3. Some files go in the Mods folder, some are unzipped while some are not, and some go in Tray folder.

Thanks. I checked the Nav Bar under Help but there are no links for TS4 yet. I didn't know if there were guides or where to look.

Scholar
#6 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty Paine
Thanks. I checked the Nav Bar under Help but there are no links for TS4 yet. I didn't know if there were guides or where to look.

The link listed sends you to the information you need.
There is a ton of information on this site as well as others about How to set up CC in the sims 4. You just need to search for it.