Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 3:11 PM
Default Actions not selecting...
I have this issue every now and again where I'll be playing, and I go to select and action for my sim to do and it won't take. Sometimes i'll click it and it will depress like I'm selecting it in the menu, but nothing happens and the menu doesn't go away. The other way it does this is I'll Click an action to stop them doing something and it will fade and show the X but they never stop. Once one or the other happens I can't control actions what so ever. To fix it, I have to shut down the entire game and restart, exiting to main menu and swapping families or going back won't fix it.

Is any one else having this issue?

The last update I got was the Oct Ghost update, I don't have internet on the PC for games so I can only connect when I tether my phone.
I tried with a different mouse just to rule out it was a weird mouse issue but it happened with a different mouse as well.
The PC is also currently Up to date as of the same day with Windows 7.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 7:28 PM
Yep, I'm having this issue as well. Or at least, the menu one. I haven't tried cancelling anything when it fucks up. Do you definitely have to close the entire game though? Because I only needed to go to the main menu and reload my auto save and it was fixed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 8:52 PM
Yeah. I've tried the auto save deal but it never works for me. It clears their action queue but it still won't let me add actions or stop them.

There was apparently an Update released yesterday according to the Sims 4 Site that fixed a lot of issues (with no specification to this issue) . So Going to try updating the game and seeing if the issue persists.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:09 PM
Yes I had this issue too ( not happened since the latest update ) but I just saved exited to main menu and then went back to my game and it worked normally again. I didn't have to exit out of the whole game and restart.