Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:30 PM
Problem with ledges
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to build a house, but the ledges that are meant to be outside the house are inside.
I've tried to remove them, but they are linked to the ones outside.

I've put some pics so that you can understand where the problem is.

Would you be able to help me?

Thanks

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:37 PM
Hmm, it appears to be acting as if the wall has a hole in it somewhere and the game thinks the interior walls are outside, I couldn't see any gaps, but perhaps there is one that cannot be seen in the screenshots. Try selecting each room individually and ensure it can be selected as a single room, if you get one that selects more than just the one room you may have found the problem.

PS: House looks good so far though minus this problem! Good job!.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2015 at 8:34 PM
I believe the problem stands where there is no floor. Basically, in the steps area.
I've tried to select every room, and it's fine.

Is there a way to remove single parts of the ledge?

I've had this problem of like removing floor before, and as you can see it keeps like a line after the steps on the upper floor. Weird.

They haven't fixed this yet. I wonder why. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:42 PM
Moving to Create > Build Mode.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2015 at 11:49 PM
Thanks
dodgy builder
#6 Old 18th May 2015 at 9:55 PM
This game is very room based, and I suspect your rooms are messed up. I'm not sure it's really practical to fix though. I see you have a fence on one of the floors, that is another thing I know from the few buildings I've made in ts4, complicates matters. I'm a very intuitive builder, so I'm not sure this is helpful at all. While I manage to fix the issues in my own game, if I don't make a tutorial I'm really quite useless.

This is a solution I came up with though:

300315 Modern warm/cold by Volvenom, on Flickr

Basement with open atrium through three floors.

I found out I had to make one of the walls on the top floor a real regular wall, then I could have fences on three sides.

In the middle it's fence at the bottom, 4 columns and a frieze at the top.

My point being, all these solutions started as techical challenges in need of a fix. You just have to go search for those technical solutions to your problem, and I'm sorry if this isn't very useful.