Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 11:55 PM
First Steps not starting
I purchased TSM Special Edition through Origin today and installed it. Made my Monarch and selected First Steps. However, when it loads in the quest doesn't start. The builders (4 of them, every time) walk past me and leave the castle. There's no head builder to talk to, and I have no objectives listed, and the tutorial never begins. Every new game I try happens like this. Not using any mods or CC. Has anyone encountered this or know how to fix? I've tried repairing and updating. No change.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:51 AM
Do you have all the updates for TSM? Do you have Pirates and Nobles included with TSM? Have you checked system drivers for updates? I ask because something in your computer configuration may be blocking some images and/or action of the game for possible incompatibility issues, for example Windows, if that is the OS you use may think you do not have enough system memory to run the game, or your graphics card may not be in the games list so although it is not so, the game may not respond as it should believing that the graphics card is not capable of rendering the video. Some newer cards have had this issue with TSM. I did once.
You might also consider re-downloading the game, as with files downloaded off the internet, especially large files, like TSM and P&N, files get missed, and the computer does not receive vital parts of a program, or other file. Its a common occurrence.
As to Origin, they suck, so if possible, I suggest you play this game without their interference. This is all I can suggest to you now, as I do not know your computer configuration, but also it is a great idea to turn off any unneeded processes running on your PC while you play the game, for they take up precious resources your game requires to run smoothly. Turn them off in task manager.

Good Luck, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.