Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 5536 (Who?), Viewed: 329143 times.
Page 210 of 222
Theorist
#5226 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:05 PM Last edited by HCAC : 18th Jun 2018 at 1:21 PM.
I've actually discovered that even with the only the base game it's not "a terrible game" as I previously thought. With all the cool PLAYER MADE CC out now I've been playing for a few weeks and enjoying it. Granted, it's still limited with only the Sims 4 alone but there are things to do if you take your time to discover the options. I also don't cheat (the fastest way to become bored in any game). Is it Sims 2 or 3, no...but it's okay as a stand alone. Do I wish EA would stop trying to rip people off for every little recolor or "new item"...yes...But it is what is is.
Lab Assistant
#5227 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 7:13 AM
I discovered that my sims talk about me behind my back! Honest to gawd, I managed to fool the little buggers by turning off my monitor, this way they would think I wasn't there. It was then I learnt of their diabolical plan. At least I think it's diabolical. Since I'm not fluent in Simlish, I can't say for certain. Come to think of it, I'm not certain what they say about me. All I know is, they are talking about me. Eventually, I'll figure out what they're saying.

On a side note, I also discovered that Mandy, my court appointed care worker, gets cross at me if I forget to take my meds. That Mandy makes me laugh! She is so funny when she's cross at me! Actually, now that the meds are kicking in, she has a point. Thanks Mandy! However, those bloody sims are talking about me! Of that, I am certain.

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Scholar
#5228 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:17 PM
I noticed the chimney continues to blow smoke even without your fireplace lit, I guess it's just permanent looping animation.
Scholar
#5229 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:17 PM
Always presumed that premade dog Blue, was a boy dog, until it multiplied with a couple of puppy's, and wow those puppies, really are and act like puppies (not just a version of small dog), as I never found any interest in mating my dogs, and I'm less 24 hours away in purchasing Seasons yet still discovering the secrets of Cats & Dogs!
Mad Poster
#5230 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
I noticed the chimney continues to blow smoke even without your fireplace lit, I guess it's just permanent looping animation.

That's something else that needs fixing then as it is only supposed to blow smoke if your fireplace is actually lit.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#5231 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 9:01 PM
I found a "Death By Flowers" ghost type in the latest patch. I haven't seen them do anything special yet, so their action is probably Seasons specific.
Field Researcher
#5232 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:46 PM
Sims can for some reason take food out of a broken fridge and cook food... that seems like a bug...
Mad Poster
#5233 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:00 PM
When I last loaded up my game, pre-pre-Seasons patch, my Sim turned the stereo on which immediately broke but continued to play music and could be used perfectly well just as normal. The only issue was that is constantly played Classical music over everything else, even when turned "off". There was no option to repair it so I had to buy a new one.

Field Researcher
#5234 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM
Look at this... electricity cut off? Oh don't worry, the fridge can still provide food! This seems like a pretty bad oversight... unless EA really don't want Sims to starve...
Lab Assistant
#5235 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:53 PM
I discovered that during "Talk Like A Pirate Day", sims will put on a piratey accent while speaking. I am laughing so hard!
Field Researcher
#5236 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
When I last loaded up my game, pre-pre-Seasons patch, my Sim turned the stereo on which immediately broke but continued to play music and could be used perfectly well just as normal. The only issue was that is constantly played Classical music over everything else, even when turned "off". There was no option to repair it so I had to buy a new one.

For some reason my DJ booth didn't stop playing music as well
it said it was off tho, and when I turned it on it was playing 2 different things at the same time..
had to buy a new one as well..
Lab Assistant
#5237 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:09 AM
They. Smile. Way. Too. Much.
Field Researcher
#5238 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elledee
I discovered that during "Talk Like A Pirate Day", sims will put on a piratey accent while speaking. I am laughing so hard!

Ha? how do you get that interaction to begin with?
Field Researcher
#5239 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STS3388
They. Smile. Way. Too. Much.

You are probably decorating your houses too much, and not using a mod to remove the stupid "nicely decorated" moodlet that makes the sims so damn happy all the time
Lab Assistant
#5240 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Ha? how do you get that interaction to begin with?

It just came up as one of the holidays. I dressed them up for it too. I thought it was hilarious!

I took them to Brindleton Bay to make it more piratey. My landlubber pirate lass didn't like being out in the middle of a thunderstorm.
Field Researcher
#5241 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elledee
It just came up as one of the holidays. I dressed them up for it too. I thought it was hilarious!

I took them to Brindleton Bay to make it more piratey. My landlubber pirate lass didn't like being out in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Wow, that looks amazing!
are those costumes came with the Seasons pack?
I'm not into costumes but that looks really cool
(I also LOVE the thunderstorm in the background )
Lab Assistant
#5242 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:44 AM
No, his pirate costume came with Spooky Stuff (I think) and hers is a Sims Medieval conversion. The hats are from Spooky Stuff too .
Field Researcher
#5243 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:52 AM
Small update, with power cut off they can only do salad. (I'm not sure how a broken fridge affects it tho, if it also disallows food or if it just affects storage).
Also... cut power doesn't seem to bother their phones. Or mood.
Test Subject
#5244 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:42 AM
I have discovered quite a few things...
1. A lot of stuff is unlocked via the computer, sucking you into a void of playing with the computer for a few hours
2. Painting is the best hobby for making money
3. Vampires can cause slow, painful deaths via starvation (I learned this by using my *ahem* "test subjects", the Pancakes)\
4. The free camera controls (~ is the default key)
5. How to make beaks in CAS (it looks weird.)
6. Sims can cheat at chess
Scholar
#5245 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:01 AM
Noticed a few new voice segmentations since patch, things like Ask about Day, Get to Know, Ask about Career, etc all used the same animation and voice, now it's seems they making all those different.
Lab Assistant
#5246 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:23 AM
And the "Talk Like A Pirate Day " ones. If you haven't heard them yet, you have to, it's pretty funny!
Mad Poster
#5247 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craft90
Small update, with power cut off they can only do salad. (I'm not sure how a broken fridge affects it tho, if it also disallows food or if it just affects storage).
Also... cut power doesn't seem to bother their phones. Or mood.

Why would it bother their phones? They are mobile and thus run on batteries. If I suffer a powercut in the real world, it doesn't stop my mobile phone from working.

Scholar
#5248 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:07 PM
Just discovered if you get a bad moodlet of unpleasant surroundings and you just can not figure out where it is coming off, check your inventory, you might be carrying spoil food.
Field Researcher
#5249 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 7:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Why would it bother their phones? They are mobile and thus run on batteries. If I suffer a powercut in the real world, it doesn't stop my mobile phone from working.

You need to at least charge your phone irl tho. In Sims 4 they can use them indefinitely. But I guess its a game engine restriction as they need phones for everything.
Scholar
#5250 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:42 PM
Kissing during a blizzard will result in your sims becoming flirty "Warmed by a kiss".

Visit my sims 4 blog to see updates on my favorite sims: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ Visit my gallery for my latest houses: Spidergirl79 I love TS4 but I am not afraid to be critical of the way the game has been released/developed ect.
Page 210 of 222