Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5676 (Who?), Viewed: 337650 times.
Page 4 of 228
Test Subject
#76 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyAmi
I looked at shrubs and flowers and I learnt that the nature doesn't move. I know It's significant but I kinda feel sad


I have a plant that moves in the wind, like a bush. I don't remember which one it is though I'll have to load up and confirm.
Scholar
#77 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCarrot
I have a plant that moves in the wind, like a bush. I don't remember which one it is though I'll have to load up and confirm.
oooh, I want to see that!


I just had my sim burst into flames while cooking. She got very tense emotion. Yup. I mean it's not like such situation would scare the hell out of you. it just makes you tense
Field Researcher
#78 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrin
Discovered about 100 things today a few juicy ones...

1. There are unlockable outfits in CAS just have to do the right things to get them as rewards.
2. The computer unlocks tons and tons of new stuff as you mess with the various skills in it.
3. Pretty much every skill object I've used branches into more and more tree's and skill sets of things to do with the object. The violin at level 4 has opened both multiple songs and concerto's pretty neat.
4. Painting can make quicker money then actual jobs think I sold one painting for close to 6k.
5. After completing an aspiration to Tier 4 you get too pick a new one and some of the tier rewards are pretty neat.
6. If your not happy with interactions listed you can click again and again to get a whole different set pause works well with this.
7. farming is kinda twisted i made an apple spinach plant but still can't find any tomatoes. haven't figured out what the flowers are for but been making good money selling them.

The people saying there isn't allot of content haven't really gotten into it yet, I'm finding new stuff every time I add a new object to the house.


The more I see, the more I think they made all the scant few objects they put in the game actually, surprisingly deep. I still don't think it excuses all the stuff they cut out, but it's nice to see there is a little bit of depth to the game.

For my part, I discovered that if you make a friend they'll probably visit you EVERY SINGLE DAY WITHOUT FAIL. I have one unemployed sim (because she's a doctor and THERE IS NO DOCTOR CAREER) who visits several times every day while my sim is at work. It's rather tiresome, truth be told.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:17 PM
Maybe you guys already knew this, but I'm still learning the controls. I took my four single Sims to a community lot and thought I left with all of them, but didn't. One, who was quite tired, was accidentally left behind. At home, her icon was grayed out and, when I hovered over it, a message appeared that she was taking care of herself (how nice!). But I knew she really needed sleep. Then I discovered I could switch to her, using the icon, and I brought her home.

Since you can switch between Sims in different locations, I wonder how many places at once the Sims from a single household could go? Could all four of my Sims go somewhere separately?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Maybe you guys already knew this, but I'm still learning the controls. I took my four single Sims to a community lot and thought I left with all of them, but didn't. One, who was quite tired, was accidentally left behind. At home, her icon was grayed out and, when I hovered over it, a message appeared that she was taking care of herself (how nice!). But I knew she really needed sleep. Then I discovered I could switch to her, using the icon, and I brought her home.

Since you can switch between Sims in different locations, I wonder how many places at once the Sims from a single household could go? Could all four of my Sims go somewhere separately?

'
If you click on that sim's icon while focused on the others at the community lot, you can switch to them or even just give the AI basic commands like work on a skill, improve a relationship or take care of needs (and vice versa if you're focused on the sim at home)
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM
Yesterday I discovered you can angry woohoo!
Mad Poster
#82 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims3gal1013
Yesterday I discovered you can angry woohoo!
Really? It's sort of funny, but also sort of scary.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#83 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Really? It's sort of funny, but also sort of scary.

Mhmm. The couple must have gotten snippy while I was looking elsewhere because they were angry and the relationship bar wasn't full...later I decided the wife was still ticked off so I had her Chew Out her spouse, and then he had the option to Whoohoo but the heart icon was flaming! I'll make them fight again later and grab a screenshot.
Instructor
#84 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:25 PM
Isn't it always flaming? I thought that was for hotness or passion. Though, I think make-up woohoo would be awesome.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims3gal1013
Mhmm. The couple must have gotten snippy while I was looking elsewhere because they were angry and the relationship bar wasn't full...later I decided the wife was still ticked off so I had her Chew Out her spouse, and then he had the option to Whoohoo but the heart icon was flaming! I'll make them fight again later and grab a screenshot.


I wonder if this is also what happens if you have a high romance meter but a low friendship meter. I'm still kind of wondering if that's even possible.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyAmi
Is that really true? I reckon someone said it was false rumor. I tried a moment ago and I can't resize anything ,


Are you sure you are clicking with "shift" key and the "]" key down at the same time while the hand is holding the object? I used it several times to enlarge plants, one of the sculpture cars in the front of my sim's house and to make a movie theater with the wall TV.


Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#87 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantAzure
I wonder if this is also what happens if you have a high romance meter but a low friendship meter. I'm still kind of wondering if that's even possible.


That could be, I see them with my serial woohooer. The friendship is pretty much non-existent, but the romance is high. Oh, and if the romance is red and not pink? Not good, I couldn't figure out why she was having such an awkward and embarrassing time flirting with this guy because the romance meter was so high. Then I remembered she broke up with him previously - and that's why the meter was red.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
Are you sure you are clicking with "shift" key and the "]" key down at the same time while the hand is holding the object? I used it several times to enlarge plants, one of the sculpture cars in the front of my sim's house and to make a movie theater with the wall TV.



Doesn't work for me either.
Theorist
#89 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM Last edited by TMBrandon : 5th Sep 2014 at 7:40 PM.
I learned just this moment that you can be engaged AND have a boyfriend! And by that I mean, you can be engaged to your soon-to-be wife, and then have a gay affair, and woohoo with your new boyf in the same bed you did with your wife, and have your wife awaken to your new boyfriend you met at the park and get very angry and yell at you while stomping around the lawn.

Basically to summarize, I discovered you can woohoo with same-sex partners, and have more than 1 significant others, however you cannot propose while you are engaged, I'm not sure about if when you're married, I'll have to try. Also going to try and see if you can have more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at the same time. Right now, I have one fiance and one boyfriend I don't know if it's limited to only two significant others.

EDIT: Omg I think I almost just died of laughter! When a Sim is VERY Angry, and you ask to massage them in attempts to calm them down, they will turn your sim around and proceed to choke their neck/dig into the shoulder bone! I wish I got a picture but I was on speed 3, I'll try and get that back up.

Also, you can have 1 sim sleeping on a bed, and two sitting on the edge.
Instructor
#90 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanAm
Doesn't work for me either.


You have to press shift +] while holding then release the object to see the size change - it took me a bit of fiddling as well
Instructor
#91 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantAzure
'
If you click on that sim's icon while focused on the others at the community lot, you can switch to them or even just give the AI basic commands like work on a skill, improve a relationship or take care of needs (and vice versa if you're focused on the sim at home)


You can also click the little house on the smaller icon of the sim and it will queue the 'go home' action and cancel out whatever else they were doing (I used this to get stragglers to leave a party I'd thrown at someone else's house )
Test Subject
#92 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmesqualor
Isn't it always flaming? I thought that was for hotness or passion. Though, I think make-up woohoo would be awesome.

Oh, maybe I'm just oblivious. It was in the main interaction menu, though, meaning I didn't have to click "more" and go to the Romance one, so I think it was tied to the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrilliantAzure
I wonder if this is also what happens if you have a high romance meter but a low friendship meter. I'm still kind of wondering if that's even possible.

Their romance meter was full but friendship had fallen, so probably.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:45 PM
Might be known by everyone but I didn't know sims could text other sims while doing other tasks. For example I thought it would be good to have my sim that was painting for several hours to text after they finished a painting. The sim just stopped painting and sent a text, got some social and finished the painting. How cool is that? My sims have been texting away now. Even Jolly's got into the texting thing, since if I don't make him do something else before noshing everything in the fridge. I really like that.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#94 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
Are you sure you are clicking with "shift" key and the "]" key down at the same time while the hand is holding the object? I used it several times to enlarge plants, one of the sculpture cars in the front of my sim's house and to make a movie theater with the wall TV.


oh, marvelous! I have to figure it out how it works for me because pushing shift and J together doesn't do anything no matter how I hold the object and drag and rotate etc. Guess I'll have to give another try with the tips people have given.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM
Oh I see the problem.
It's not the letter J but the right bracket key ( ] ) @PuffyAmi. It should work.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#96 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:46 PM
Here's a neat one: The Build Mode music changes depending on which category you're in. Some categories add instruments, others strip them out for a more "calm" sound.
Scholar
#97 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:17 PM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 5th Sep 2014 at 11:28 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
Oh I see the problem.
It's not the letter J but the right bracket key ( ] ) @PuffyAmi. It should work.

I was glad to see I was using wrong key so I totally went and tried again in confident that it'll work. But no, it didn't. Either I'm stupid or my keyboard is


EDIT: YESH I located the damn bracket key! Hallelujah. Stupid foreign keyboard.
Instructor
#98 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:20 PM
If you leave for work with a high emotion, they can sometimes offer special work activities. Like Confident will let you suck-up to you boss, or Flirty will let you flirt with co-workers.

I found Madame Zoe's Voodoo Doll whilst fishing in the Sylvan Glade. After you bind it to a Sim, you can summon them. You can then frolic with the doll to make the person happy, cuddle to make them flirty, and the last is poke, which I've not had succeed yet.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal Axe
Here's a neat one: The Build Mode music changes depending on which category you're in. Some categories add instruments, others strip them out for a more "calm" sound.


The CAS mode does this too when you go from head to body.
Instructor
#100 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
When a sim wakes up gloomy, they'll lie on their back for a second and grunt as if to say "I don't wanna get up". It's the little things I love.
Page 4 of 228
Back to top