Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#1951 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 3:40 AM
THIS IS NOT FUNNY, GAME!

Okay, so...Erin, my teen, grew up. I decided to let her move out of the house for a little bit, until the Terrible Two were out, then she could move back in. I have waaay too many sims at the moment, even with Lorraine dying. (Speaking of which, Erin was standing there watching her aunt be repossessed by Grim, gnoshing on a salad like it was popcorn. Hilarious.) So I move Erin out, let her set up with a couple of friends from high school, switch back to the main house. And.......NOW THERE ARE TWINS. I'm strongly tempted to age Chris and Tobias up early, send the Terrible Two out into the world and take the new pair with them. They were born when I was at another house, so I am not terribly attached to them. They can take "Waylon" with them, too. He's the boy April had while I was playing another house.

April gets a lot of action for a programmer...

Screenshots:
"Failure" is the way I just left the game. I'm pretty sure the social worker is about to come. I wasted precious time trying to get the two twins, Jack and Melanie, to eat wedding cake (not one got married). Turns out it has no nutritional value. This shot makes me think maybe I'm really bad at Sims 4.

"Popcorn" is....well, Erin turning her aunt's demise into dinner and a show. I like to think Katherine is doing the facepalm not at Lorraine dying, but at Erin's bad behavior..

The sims in this household:
Christine, the new family anchor. Daughter of Tobias, my sim-self, and one of the original three members of this house.
April, the oldest daughter of Blaire, my sim-self's friend and then wife, also one of the original three.
Katherine, Christine's daughter and my favorite of the Triple Threat triplets
Tobias, who with his brother Chris mostly function to keep things repaired and (formerly) taking care of Waylon, recently renamed Klaus.
Klaus, April's son by a local author, a loner who has no interest in getting married, thank you. The rotting wedding cake in the kitchen is the aftermath of that. He really does not like crowds..

and now...
Melanie and Jack, who may disappear into the social worker's sinister clutches. I think what I'll try is to load another house and then go back to this one, since that seems to reset the sims' motives.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1952 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I run this house with a family of 7 and a dog. I even had to hire a butler and daily maid to make it work. Still the house look like shit lol. It might be easier with a smaller household perhaps? More people make more mess as well.

I have a full household, too. I have to constantly discipline my Butler or he won't really clean up and read books all day instead. I'm debating of getting rid of him but I just build a room catered to his undying love for books only for him and I use him as an emergency snack for my vampire lol. I always found the robotic vacuum cleaner that came with C&D very useful to keep the house clean.
Forum Resident
#1953 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:13 AM
I'm back from my vacation and finally ready to try out seasons! I'm posting my last pre-seasons legacy screenshots and then my game will be changed forever (dramatic drumroll). I'm normally not doing this in a picture heavy thread but because all of you started to use spoiler tags and those are quite a lot of screenshots, I'll do it, too. I hope it's ok if I keep on not using them whenever I have a relatively short post.
Leading up to my full-house was the decision of who was going to inherit the legacy and my eligible twin brothers Ragna and Rollo had to fight for this right. To make the fight fit my story (because the brothers were actually friends), I created a love triangle with the lovely possible legacy spouse Lucia in the middle. The drama that would split the family up started to unfold on their birthday party after both had grown-up into young adults...

Lucia was Rollo's girlfriend but Ragna just couldn't keep his hands of her at the birthday party. He actually didn't kiss her in front of him but Rollo got the "emotionally unstable" character trait after growing up and just seeing them being a little inappropriate was enough to set him off completely.
You don't need to act like such a virtuecrat, Freya. You actually helped your unflirty son with your vampire aura to even get a chance with Lucia!

Rolllo confronted his brother outside. As an empathetic sim, Ragna felt guilty for causing his brother so much emotional turmoil and maybe would have apologized but...
He actually was extremely angry. This emotionally unstable trait is quite powerful and I was a little afraid he might experience an emotional death after fighting...

...Rollo didn't leave him any time and started to beat his brother up. It looked like he got the upper hand. All those years of his brother being the favourite, the good one and him being the black sheep unloaded in one little moment...
They both were at fitness level 5 to keep it fair.

In the end, Ragna, the first-born, the one meant to inherit the legacy from the beginning was able to overpower his brother like he had been doing all of his life. But looking into his brother's sad eyes, he didn't feel so confident about his victory. He took the one thing from Rollo that he had wanted for himself: Lucia. He always felt ashamed about his feelings for her but he just couldn't hold them back
It's quite funny that the squeamish trait helped make Ragna feel uncomfortable after fighting and the emotionally unstable trait made Rollo feel very sad. The story of those two brother's always fell into place as if the game knew about the show "Vikings" lol. I'll admit that I always wanted Ragna to win but playing Rollo with his "bad traits" and his "Public Enemy" aspiration (I swear on The Watcher, I rolled that one with the random trait and aspiration generator. It was so fitting, too!) would also have been interesting... So I was ready to accept any outcome.

Rollo's mood changed as fast as lightning. He declared Ragna as his immortal enemy and swore to take his legacy from him some day. He also didn't want to be a part of the family that had never loved him as much as his brother anymore and therefor changed his last name to "Umbria" to fit the narrative of being the shadow of his brother.

Rollo broke things of with Lucia,too, because he couldn't stand the thought of her dreaming secretly about being with Ragna, the golden boy. Ragna didn't want to be considerate of a traitor like Rollo anymore and so he married his brother's beautiful and talented ex-girlfiend. She always had the royal charisma of a possible legacy spouse and so she filled the void, Rollo had left pretty easily.
Most beautiful randomly generated townie I've ever seen in Sims 4 hands down. I haven't touched her genetics at all (just her oufit and haircut etc...) and she is really, really cute. She also had lived in a teenager-only single household before moving in, I've never seen that before either. It's like the game knew, I wanted a sim like her for the progression of my story

The pain of losing her youngest child made Freya consider keeping her oldest around forever. Her daughter had asked to join her vampire coven for quite some time and Freya had always denied Ursula's wish to keep her from experiencing the immortal thirst she was always feeling. But what was a council of female scions without someone with her genes?
Ursula really called to ask to become a part of my vampire club. I was like "You're going to be a snack bar. No way!" but then she called and asked again, so I decided to turn her into a vampire so she would stop bothering me about it

It didn't take long for little feet to be running around in the house again. Eligible heiress number one, Artemis, was born. A cute, little red-head with an "independent" spirit.
I play with rotational inheritance laws, so every generation needs to be opposite gender of the last heir. I don't influence it, so I was quite happy to get a girl right away.

I always like to have a spare and so I was quite pleased when Lucia gave birth to another girl named Minerva right away. But then, another box popped up: a set of twins, again! This time, they were of the opposite gender and I named the boy Kilhorn. Because the household is full now, this wraps up generation three.
Three toddlers, children and teens at the same time again. Oh boy!
Scholar
#1954 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:11 AM
Our beautiful family vacation came to an end. Our last time together as a family. Fionn and Aine have grown up and moved into San Myshuno.

But we had so much fun together and made memories to last as long as my computer doesn't crash and completely lose all its files.

Aine met a cute local boy while on the trip to Selvodarado and they hit it off. She even went on a date with him! Of course I tweaked him a little in CAS but left most of his features untouched.

They even had a first kiss! I gave him a less bulky version of EA hair. I love EA's clay hair now... but why does it always have to be so big? lol

Selvodarado during a thunder storm looks amazing.
Test Subject
#1955 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:49 AM
I just had the second death by histerycal laughter in the same family. First time decided to go with the story and the mother was left preagnant, with a care dependant. Now her care dependant got married, got preagnant and the husband dies the same way..this time i decided there was enough tragedy in the family and exited withou saving
Scholar
#1956 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:21 PM
Party guest wet his pants and started crying. My goofball sim chatted him him up and then jumped around and played in the pee puddle.
Mad Poster
#1957 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:49 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:16 PM.
So the MMPR 1993 cast lives in my Dystopian Utopia save. I probably will, in the near future, eliminate the Angel Grove save as well as the Scandinavia and the World save and merge the Nordic cast into Newcrest, but I need a lot for the 8 remaining Sailor Guardians.

Once I moved the MMPR cast into a house, I placed a stereo and the dance skill building exercise began.

For those wondering about the Disney Princess Big Brother\Real World eliminations, Ariel was placed in Willow Creek with the BFF household. Depending on availability, an ejected Princess will be placed in the neighborhood world that isn't over occupied.

Still, it's just been tiring to attempt staying awake, so I can't get the time to play with my 1s and 0s creations. As of late, I am a part-time creator goddess!

I added houses to sim-occupied empty lots. Of course, my usual DIY houses were riddled with drywall damage, floors stained with stuff I worry is from the swamp and the paint job looks like the type from the "Painting with Dynamite" myth on MythBusters: tacky and looks like a murder happened on the property. Since I started using the Library as a way to keep tabs on the population and housing market for my game save, it helped me with the setup.

I even dropped the two bullies, Bulk and Skull in the neighborhood. I swear, when Paul Schrier or Jason Narvy star in one production, the other has to come along. I will give you a cookie if you remembered Bulk and Skull's actual names as students.

The Nordic cast from Scandinavia and the World are across the street from the park. Norway, who loves the outdoors, might help jumpy Denmark get over his fear of forested areas by taking Denmark to Newcrest Park (Danish people, according to the author of the comic, tend to feel out of place if they are far away from the shore. The closer to the center of the landmass they're on, the more flipped out they are.)

So, anyone see that Cruella De Vil hair style in the Cats and Dogs EP? My simself currently is wearing a brown and baby pink coloring out of the available defaults.

Big Ben, Benny Olsen's hedgehog bit my simself on the nose! What is your problem, Big Ben?!

I checked in on the Nordic cast from SATW and it was fun to see Norway show the wonders of nature in the park. Norway shown how to catch frogs (he caught a Dirt Frog) and digging for crystals (he found a Emerald Crystal) to Denmark and then Norway took some photos and Denmark was challenged to a chess match to a teenager who looked like the Doctor Who Doctor with the ridiculously long scarf.

Meanwhile, Finland is writing a book titled "Hotaru has 3 Mommies" (a reference to the original Japanese Sailor Moon manga that after the end of the Mugen Arc, Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna assumed custody over Hotaru due to her powers being dangerous for her father and the three knew how to care for her) and in one comic, Finland dressed as Moomin's author, who was a lesbian.

I better get my rest for tomorrow. I had a busy day.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1958 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:27 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:15 AM.
From my previous posts, you'll recall that Alien Aine met a young adult native Selvadoradan named Juan David while on vacation and started a romance with him. She aged up to young adult while on vacation, and didn't see him again after that. Later, he moved from Selvadorada to San Myshuno in pursuit of a better life. No longer was he a street vendor in the market. He was now a pencil pusher in an office. Woo!

He rented a small apartment and found work right away. Things seemed really great! He found Aine and started dating her! They were crazy for each other!

Then on his second night in the city... Juan saw some strange lights and had to go investigate.

Juan found himself suffering from a weird tummy ache. Heading online, he started freaking out at possible diagnoses.

A few hours later and he couldn't see his own junk. Scared and alone, he asked Aine if he could move in with her. She knew what was happening. Terrified of the changes happening to his own body, at least he could find comfort with the woman he loves.

Here is the kicker. I don't yet know which senior pollinator is the mother. But it could literally be AINE's MOTHER. So when they get married,.... AINE could be raising her own half sister. Come back soon and find out who's the baby mama! LOOOOL can't make this #$*(# up!

Edit: The baby is not related to Aine, but is related to 5 other alien sims in game. Named him Jorge (Spanish for George)
Instructor
#1959 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:49 AM
I got one of my sims to make a Grand Meal in Seasons whilst another used the "Set Table" option in the dining room. Summoned all to eat after and all of the six family members ignored the kitchen table and armchairs variously used before and sat together in the dining room. If that is the use of "set table" it had completely passed me by before. I hope that's right and not the meal as it will make things much easier in future. Much socialization boost for all.
Instructor
#1960 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 6:06 PM
Bob Newbie became so attached to playing with his bees that he failed to notice when he was struck by lighting.
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Forum Resident
#1961 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 2:28 AM
In another neighborhood, Lester Hillary -- this uber-antisocial sim I made in Sims 3, and tried to remake in Sims 4 -- finally got a job as a criminal to fulfill his desire to be the enemy of the town. Previously he relied solely on his hacking skills to make money, but I'm trying to help him with his life goals, however twisted they are. He's been going to the bar and randomly fighting everyone because he's an antisocial bully who wants to be hated. This is the only time he leaves his house, where he divides his time between the computer, eating cake, or sleeping. (Sims 3 Lester lived on cookies, not cake.) One of the guys Lester attacked came by his house to patch things up, so Lester responded by calling his mama a llama, throwing a drink in his face, and then declaring him to be his avowed enemy. When I made him in The Sims 3, I tried to make him as "creepy" as possible, but haven't been able to achieve the same effect in Sims 4. The original Lester had an apartment filled with things that made him disconcerting -- a chainsaw, knives near his computer, a female mannequin for no reason, and SO MUCH PINK. I haven't achieved the same effect in Sims 4, at least not yet. I did find the knives for his computer table, though.

Screenshots: "Lester1" is my sims 3 Lester in development, "Lester2" is SIms 4 Lester sleeping. Lester is named and inspired by two GTA characters -- Hillary, from GTA VC, and Lester from GTA 5. He is a sad, strange little man.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#1962 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:04 PM
I just realized the game ditch harvestable plants and trees for no apparent reason, when I save the lot in my library and put it in a new save.
Field Researcher
#1963 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:18 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:28 PM.
My farmer got his man now. I've started preparations for a wedding. Though. I'm considering making a church for it. Not for religious reasons but because as far as I know, most wedding arches are outside. And with it looking to be bad weather the next few days maybe a indoors party might be preferably. I also had a thunder strike for the first time. It scared me.

Wedding went ahead a day later when there wasn't a heatstroke on.It was a decent experience besides the catering lady doing anything except for making a cake. So I had my tired but newly wed make the damn cake. And I didn't get it done in time to finish of the final goal for gold. Sighs.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1964 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:42 AM
A silence has fallen at the Big House, as I seperated the very-full household into a few satellites. April is concentrating on her programming work, Katherine has started a career as a professional painter, and Christina is -- despite her old age -- a nursemaid again, because Katherine's first forays into romance resulted in her first forays into parenthood. Yay.

The father, oddly, is Liam Waeger, who actually launched from the Big House years ago. Technically he should be an elder by now, but because I play his household so rarely he's still relatively young, and attractive to everyone he's not related to. The juxaposition of this Hulk-like athlete (max muscle/fitness) and this twig of a girl is endearingly absurd. (Although they're technically from the same household, they don't share parents and Liam was gone long before Katherine was born, so it's not squicky or anything.)

Erin is still plugging along at her programming gig and remains so fun to play that I wish I could have her back in the big house, but she has three kids now. I'm not doing that again. I think I have had my fill of Sims 4 babies/toddlers for the moment and will try to restrict everyone to one kid. I did do Erin the honor of letting her move into my first real attempt at a house in Sims 4 (besides my standard starter plan), since she and her housemate are both far along in their programming careers now. Erin is an eSports gamer, and her bestie Ingrid is a tech entrepreneur. Erin's son Kelsey seems to be gravitating toward the computer as well...

Chris and Toby left, taking the twins with them. They struggled enormously at the beginning, because they bought a home which was too expensive, but the twins (Jack and Melanie) survived and are reasonably healthy. I've played them enough that the babies are now teenagers, and once-young adults Chris and Toby are entering middle age. From the new twins, Melanie is a glutton who is also obsessed with working out, a combination that is either conveninent or problematic. Jack isn't exceptional at the moment, but he grew into lots of bright neon, something I think I'll continue to play with. Neither Chris nor Toby has any interest beyond working, so it's quite possible they'll age away without having kids. That's..OK by me, because their sister Katherine can continue the line.

"Waylon", now renamed Klaus, was sent from the big house to live with his father Austin. The loner writer was probably not pleased at his new roommate, who is inexplicably scared of tentacled clouds of gas under the bed, but has taken to parental responsibility fairly well. He's prospering as an author, too. (Seriously, the monsters under the bed thing has gotten old. Is there a monster-free bed?)

Screenshots:
"erin_casa" is the house, LOOSELY based on a home where I house-sit regularly. The front of the house, from the bathrooms onward, is the original country home. In the real world, this part of the house is on a foundation, and the furniture is all antique and traditional. Behind the house is a newer addition, with a small series of steps going down from that front hall into the addition. The addition is where the living room and kitchen are, but the layout is every different from the game. I changed the home's design to add another bathroom, and made the addition connect more evenly with the rest of the house. There's a missing laundry room, and I didn't attempt at making the screened-in and roofed-back porch. This one at least has a roof, though it looks awful from certain angles.

"erinandkatherine" shows my two favorite sims at the moment, Erin and Katherine. They and Erin's mom April have that intergenerational friendship I mentioned a few posts back.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1965 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 6:21 AM
Came upon a wild beast when exploring Selvadorada

And I said skinny dip! Not skinny explore....

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#1966 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smellincoffee
"Waylon", now renamed Klaus, was sent from the big house to live with his father Austin. The loner writer was probably not pleased at his new roommate, who is inexplicably scared of tentacled clouds of gas under the bed, but has taken to parental responsibility fairly well. He's prospering as an author, too. (Seriously, the monsters under the bed thing has gotten old. Is there a monster-free bed?)

I believe night lights keeps the monsters under the bed away. However in case EA night light broke a modder on here made these cute monster guardians. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=583010 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580161 They'll keep monsters away.
Scholar
#1967 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 10:44 AM
I built a house! Juan David and AIne's family is about to expand, she's pregnant. YAY! So I had Colin (Fionn and Aine's father via abduction) give a gift of simoleons. Colin is filthy rich, so he can spare some simoleons. I bought them an empty lot in Newcrest and built a house modeled after a real house near my own house! Fionn, Aine's twin, lives with them, and even when he gets married, he'll still live with them because you don't separate twins (I dont)! The house is decorated mostly with furniture from the Jungle Adventures pack, to remind Juan David of his heritage.

This is Juan David. I only made a few minor tweaks to his appearance. (Minor jaw shaping and maybe fuller lips?) Super cute for a townie amiright?
Forum Resident
#1968 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I believe night lights keeps the monsters under the bed away. However in case EA night light broke a modder on here made these cute monster guardians. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=583010 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580161 They'll keep monsters away.

Thank you! I'm really new to this edition of the game (mostly play TS2 with a little TS3), so I'm still discovering things.
Field Researcher
#1969 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 4th Jul 2018 at 7:30 PM.
So yeah. I had my farmer sim adopt a child. But yeah... I'm worried he might be dead before the kid reaches his teens. So I might have to sped through childhood and teens. I considered to turn off auto aging aswell. However, I'm not entirely sure if you can still age Sims up then. If you can then that would be great cos then I could take my time without losing any Sim from natural causes at least. That said, the kid has the neat trait so he keeps picking up trash and cleaning dishes aswell as rolling whims for house keeping. Which I really don't mind. He's a social butterfly which is funny cos one of his dads are outgoing.

Edit. Found another solution. Youth elixir.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1970 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 9:04 PM
I toggled death to be off and then an hour later one of my sims gets a phone call right after he goes to sleep saying an elderly sim who lived alone that the only interaction with her I had as a player was moving her to a different house had died. And after typing all that I got a really evil idea to clear out the houses around willow creek and oasis springs off the pre-generated sims. It probably won't work very well though.
Scholar
#1971 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:18 PM
So Juan David's baby aged up to toddler.

Here is Juan David again:

Here is the baby as a toddler:

and as a young adult, you can see how the baby really got his father's features. He has the same eyes and mouth as his father.

Here is the house I built for them in New Crest! Most of the decor and furniture inside and outside is from the Jungle Adventures pack. No CC! Available in the gallery under my username.

I based it off a house nearby my own house. I just grabbed pictures of the house off google maps made a guess work of the interior, and viola! A house! Mind you the real house is not Salvadoradan ...Went a little crazy with plants on the outside but that's how I roll, lol. The plants colors are quite muted as it is fall in this photo.
Scholar
#1972 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:58 PM
@spidergirl79 I think that those eyelashes on the sim (first picture) looks very fitting!
I liked less the eyelashes on the many Henries ^_^
Field Researcher
#1973 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 12:44 AM Last edited by Craft90 : 5th Jul 2018 at 1:29 AM.
Eye lashes is a funny thing... I know it's realistic for even men to have eye lashes. But when I use them on men I just think they look so feminine... Are there any CC eye lashes which is shorter and not as wavy? I use Kijiko's currently.

As for my game? Yeah... Youth elixir was a great idea cos now my main boy can see his kid grow up. Also noticed that when the entire family help with a school project it gets finished really quick. Which gives a performance bonus. Currently I'm working on bringing up the other dad's aspiration so I can afford youth elixir for him too.

Tho the constant reset and teleportation of Sims are wearing me thin. I don't understand what's going on. If it's CC conflicts or something else.

Edit. I also got very nostalgic as my Sim's first real friend Maaike from one of the EA households just invited my Sim over for her birthday party. She's about to become an old lady and I don't know how to feel about that. I remember her asking my Sim inside as he was fishing fish outside all that long ago. Wow.
Screenshots
Scholar
#1974 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Eye lashes is a funny thing... I know it's realistic for even men to have eye lashes. But when I use them on men I just think they look so feminine... Are there any CC eye lashes which is shorter and not as wavy? I use Kijiko's currently.

I'm using Kijiko's eyelashes version 2, and there are shorter eyelashes as well in this set
you can also set it's color to brown/blond so it's less bold, which makes it a bit less feminine IMO
Scholar
#1975 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 3:04 AM
So a couple of days or so ago I created my IRL dog in the game just because, and saved her (and a randomly generated owner lol) to "My Families" or whatever it is called. I was a bit frustrated to see that there is apparently no way to save them as presets like in The Sims 3. =/ Anyway, I was playing in my family today and suddenly she shows up on the sidewalk in front of my family's house, and I discover she is a stray! And then I notice she is also sickly. My heart could not take this. I was not mentally prepared for this. I had to adopt her into the family.

I did not want anymore sims in the family because TBH I'm already at my personal limit. This may mean I quit playing this family because I might feel a little overwhelmed... But I couldn't let my baby - a fake, digital sim version or not - be a sickly stray. Why would they program it this way? I just wanted to create her and save her, as a preset, not have her loose in my games as a sickly stray! =(

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 79 of 104