Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#951 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 8:15 PM
Alaya marries Brandon and has 2 kids. The roaches didn't become a problem until I had more than one sim in the house. Now it's a micro-management nightmare: Chapter 1.2: Oh the Roaches!

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#952 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:51 PM
Default Draken Apocalypse
I've completed tier 1 & tier 2 of the challenge.

In this chapter, I took family group photos to better illustrate the family groups.

In the main legacy house (Esquire & Renee Draken, Miranda Draken & Christian Cox with two boys)

Miranda's promotion finally brought grass and trees back to Strangetown. Grandma Renee did not get a chance to really enjoy her daughter's accomplishment as she was scared to death by the ghost of Bruce Rauscher (spouse of 2nd gen heir Marsala Draken). Another ghost made an appearance that night, founder Maximous Draken took a midnight stroll on the green lawn of his family's house. The Draken's bought a puppy to unlock the last pet career restriction and he aged into a dog the same day!! Christian Cox (spouse of 5th gen heir Miranda Draken) is promoted to ROCK GOD lifting the MUSIC restrictions. Now all the adults have lifted restrictions so just waiting for Anderson & Atom (1st children admitted to private school) to age into adults now.

In the 1st spare house (Gary Walton & Cary Couderc, Franklin Walton & Jake Barrett with 3 infants, Darwin Walton)

Unbeknownst to me, same-sex couple Franklin & Jake were both pregnant at the same time. I found out when they returned from work. Franklin spun into maternity clothes, Jake just wore fat clothes. I scanned for pregnancy and only Franklin registered pregnant (with 1 baby)! I tried to abort Jake's phantom pregnancy since he kept getting bigger. Whatever happened, they BOTH went into labor on the same night. Jake delivered a daughter, Charm Barrett-Walton. Franklin delivered a son, Hex Walton-Barrett. Then after naming the babies and giving everyone tasks, Franklin spun around AGAIN and popped out another boy Jinx Walton-Barrett. Despite having two extra unexpected babies, Franklin was promoted to the top of his career the next day. ATHLETIC is lifted. Grandpa Gary Walton died that night at age 69. With Gary's death, the family friends dropped down to 4 and no one else will be promoted until that number comes way back up.

In the 2nd spare house (Braxton Couderc & Leslie Draken with 2 daughters, Beluga Walton with 1 daughter)

Beluga is promoted to Prestidigator lifting the ENTERTAINMENT restrictions. P.T. #9 Smith caught Leslie woo-hooing with her husband Braxton and is now furious with her. Cher is a teenager and gay. Not much to report here.

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Lab Assistant
#953 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:39 PM Last edited by rainydayz179 : 5th Feb 2016 at 10:36 PM.
Brandon tops the medical career! Baths and Birth Control for All!

Edit to add 2 new chapters! Chapter 1.4: Death Execution Style & Chapter 2.1: Bow Down to Kim the Roach Hunting Cat! We say goodbye to some and hello to a bunch of others... but most importantly, the roach problem is solved!!!

Edit #2 to add the next chapter! Chapter 2.2: Above the Law. It really should have been called something like omg not another birthday! As you can figure out from the title, Bruce lifts the Law restriction!

Edit #3 to add 2 new chapters. Okay guys. I just finished writing a chapter and realized I had 8 unpublished drafts. Sooo I'm going to post 2 a day for awhile to catch up. Now that law has been lifted the households are on a rotation, which is why now they're titled with last names. Hope you like the update!
Bellamy Chapter 1.1: Movin' On Out
Rauscher Chapter 2.3: Zoe Wins the Day!

Field Researcher
#954 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:52 AM
Pet Show Business lifted by dog Leroy.

Braxton Hick Couderc, 75, is survived by his wife Leslie, their daughter Laila, his stepdaughter Dana, his sister Caryatid Walton, his niece Beluga Walton, and his twin nephews Franklin Walton-Barrett & Darwin Walton.
Braxton lifted the Criminal restictions

Leslie has platinum aspiration now since achieving her LTW & Esquire and Christian harvested the 1st tomatoes from the garden!
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#955 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 10:04 PM Last edited by rainydayz179 : 13th Feb 2016 at 11:51 PM.
I have 2 updates again today...
First, Asher ages to elder and the family does some exploring in Bellamy Chapter 1.2: Out and About
Second, Grayson and Xander move out of the house in Rauscher Chapter 2.4: Leaving the Nest
Enjoy!

Edit to add 2 new chapters...
First, Grayson moves into his new house and starts a family in Parker chapter 1.1: Brittany's Been Busy!
Then, Xander has a rocky start but gets a family of his own in Doe chapter 1.1: What on Earth Happened?
Happy reading!

Edit #2 to add new chapters...
First, Lainey lifts Oceanography in Bellamy chapter 1.3: Dining on Lobster Thermidor
Then, Zoe marries Benjamin and they lift 2 restrictions and have twins in Rauscher chapter 3.1: Double Whammy!

Edit #3 to add new chapters...
First, Brittany tops the Politics career in Parker chapter 1.2: Ignore Those Chance Cards!
Then, I don't realize that Xander doesn't have enough friends for a promotion in Doe chapter 1.2: Ugh What a Stupid Mistake!

Edit #4 to add new chapters...
First, Ivy gives birth to twins in Bellamy chapter 1.4: Double Trouble
Then, I can't enter the Rauscher household and have to bulldoze their lot in Rauscher chapter 3.2: This Family is Cursed

Edit #5 to add new chapters...
First, Grayson lifts Education in Parker chapter 1.3: Go to School!
Then, Xander lifts Business in Doe chapter 1.3: Sell Those Empty Fridges!

Edit #6 to add 2 more fun-filled apocalyptic chapters...
First, the twin toddlers drive me crazy in Bellamy chapter 2.1: Get Me Out Of This House!
Then, the family gets a temporary bug-free house in Rauscher 3.3: Temporary Housing

I'm just going to post the link to my Apocalypse page so that if you're interested you can read it. I update it every day. You can find it here .

Field Researcher
#956 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 5:08 PM
Done with Tier 1 & 2, lifted ATHLETIC, ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC and PET SHOW BUSINESS in Tier 3

Esquire Draken feels his time is short so he tried to connect with his grandchildren. He has a pretty good relationship with Anderson (who is in college with Dana) so he focuses on the two younger kids. He teaches skills to Atom and just chats over dinner with Laila. Before long his time comes. Esquire Johnson Draken, 82, is survived by his two daughters (Leslie Knope Couderc & Miranda Rights Draken-Cox) and his 4 grandchildren (Anderson Cooper Draken, Atom Cox Draken, Dana Scully Draken, and Laila Ali Couderc). When Esquire died, the family pet LeRoy ran away. Esquire lifted INTELLIGENCE & LeRoy lifted PET SHOWBUSINESS

In the Walton household, the triplets aged into children. The entire family is entirely consumed with making friends to get promotions. Cary is getting old so I'm trying not to rely on her to make friends since they will dissolve with her death. Franklin is sick so he is sleeping most of the time. Between Darwin and Jake the family scrapes up enough friends to get Jake to the top of the SLACKER career. Benjamin Franklin Walton-Barrett succumbs to his illness at the age of 35. Franklin is survived by his husband (Jake Barrett-Walton), their 3 children (Charm Barrett-Walton, Hex Walton-Barrett, and Jinx Walton-Barrett), his mother (Caryatid Walton), his siblings (Beluga Walton & Charles Darwin Walton) and his niece (Cher Mace Walton). The triplets age to teenagers and then Grandma Cary dies. Caryatid Walton, 80, is survived by her children (Beluga & Darwin) and her grandchildren (Cher Walton and Charm, Hex, & Jinx)

Anderson and Dana return from college and take careers as an Artist & a Gamer. Cher is old enough for college but I haven't decided if I'll send her. LeRoy came back just before Anderson came home from college.

Lab Assistant
#957 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 4:12 AM
Just a quick note to celebrate completing the Challenge. My last sim lifted Adventurer and thus the last of tier 3!

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#958 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 7:28 PM
Congrats Rainydayz!
Lab Assistant
#959 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Congrats Rainydayz!

Thanks. I'm hoping to continue playing the houses on a rotation but without a goal to work for it's already getting boring.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#960 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 3:53 PM
Usually by the end of it you have a nicely built up little hood. Maybe go back and fix up all your community lots? Some of the early tier ones might still be looking scary. After that it's pretty easy to play the hood with extra challenges. Have one family do the Messie Mess Lot challenge, have another do the sextuplets challenge, another starving artist, another homeless, add in an asylum challenge to take care of all your elders. How many houses did you end up with when you finished it?
Lab Assistant
#961 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 10:48 PM
congratulations Rainydayz

Im still in tier 2,i need only to lift politics,but woman is pregnant for 5th time!

ACR is real magic
Field Researcher
#962 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rainydayz179
Thanks. I'm hoping to continue playing the houses on a rotation but without a goal to work for it's already getting boring.

I think when the challenge is over, my neighborhood will convert to a Royal Kingdom Challenge. The main household will be the royals, the satellites will be nobles and then I'll sprinkle in some new blood as the middle class and lower class.

Test Subject
#963 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 5:59 PM
Hey all, I have a quick question. My founder gained access to the Culinary Hobby Lot while he was in college. He has not unlocked the Culinary Restrictions yet - is he allowed to visit the secret hobby lot on his weekly outing?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#964 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 2:30 AM
@sukkamielli, no.
Test Subject
#965 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 2:06 AM
Phaenoh, thank you! That was what I figured, but I couldn't find anything definitive on visiting secret lots, so I thought I would check. Loving your tiered challenge, thank you again!
Field Researcher
#966 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 4:03 PM
In the Legacy household

Ecological Guru Miranda has gained the ability to talk to their garden plants and their crops are doing better than ever. Atom returns from college and almost immediately marries his sweetheart (and distant cousin) Cher Mace Walton. Realizing that I have plenty of eligible sims to lift restrictions and money hasn't been an issue in a few generations, I am allowing non-heirs to marry. Whats the harm? The challenge is no longer challenging so now I'm just building a little town. Anderson proposes to and marries his college girlfriend Jasmine Rai. Jasmine will not be allowed to lift restrictions but she doesn't have a career LTW and I don't need her to lift anything anyway. Anderson reaches the top of his career ART is lifted. Miranda is at work (she works like 1 24hour shift once a week) for Anderson's wedding and for the birth of Atom's son. Atom and Cher's heir is named Indiana Jones Draken. When Miranda returns home from work, she passes away. Ecological Guru Miranda Rights Draken, 65, is survived by her husband (Rock God Christian Cox, 65), their sons (Visionary Anderson Cooper Draken, 37 & Atom Cox Draken, 31), and her newborn grandson (Indiana Jones Draken). Miranda lifted the Natural Science restictions.

In the Walton household

Darwin is promoted to Cult Leader lifting PARANORMAL restrictions. I set up little family cemeteries on the Legacy lot and the Walton lot. By my new rule that ALL sims can marry, Darwin at age 51 finally marries his longtime boyfriend 25 year old Clarence Philippine. I took a picture of brother-in-law Jake Barrett-Walton at the wedding because he is dressed like a prince. He looks so handsome. I was hoping that Darwin would be able to conceive and carry a child with his new husband but he is just a smidge too old. Clarence REALLY wanted to adopt so I let him make the call. Unexpectedly, Jake died of a very minor illness. Professional Party Guest Jake Barrett-Walton, 52, is survived by his college-age triplets (Charm, Hex, and Jinx). Jake lifted the Slacker restrictions. As Clarence cried for his brother-in-law, he also fell to the ground. This was MAJORLY UNEXPECTED. Clarence Philippine-Walton, 26, is survived by his husband (Cult Leader Charles Darwin Walton-Philippine, 52) When Darwin came home to his empty house, he was probably in shock. He was more in shock when the social worker rang his doorbell a few months later with the daughter (Lauren Kimbrell Walton-Philippine) that Darwin had been too grief-stricken to even remember that they had requested. Suddenly an idea struck Darwin. He theoretically knew how to raise people from the dead, he had the equipment and he couldn't raise Lauren alone. And just like that, Clarence was back. And SURPRISE...he's pregnant with Darwin's child!

In the Draken/Couderc/Walton Household

Laila falls in love and gets pregnant but Forrest Corsillo just WON'T marry her. Whatever, his loss. Laila delivers a little girl that she names Frances Couderc. Game Designer Dana is also on the verge of making a big romantic commitment. Dana lifted the GAMER restrictions.

I only have 3 restrictions to go...Adventure (either Atom or Cher Draken), Dance (Laila Couderc), Show Business (the Walton-Barrett triplets)

Field Researcher
#967 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 3:21 AM
In the Walton-Barrett-Philippine household

Charm, Hex, and Jinx returned from college. Clarence gives birth to his and Darwin's 2nd daughter, Lisa Philippine-Barrett. Charm died unexpectedly and was saved from death by one of her brothers.

In the Draken-Love-Couderc household

Dana married Christian Love and they had a daughter Christina before she caught Christian flirting with her cousin Beluga. Laila's daughter Frances learned some of her toddler skills before her mother fell in love with and married Nervous Muenda (Olive Specter's son). Laila is now out of the challenge although I will still try to keep her, Nervous, and Frances in time with the rest of their extended family.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#968 Old 16th May 2016 at 9:25 PM
What happen with this thread?Noone active,no interesting story,cmon guys,share ur expiriences!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#969 Old 17th May 2016 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterBoy269
What happen with this thread?
It comes and goes, no one seems to be doing it at the moment, but it's not *really* dead.
Lab Assistant
#970 Old 17th May 2016 at 10:20 PM
@Phaenoh its not, I know,but no one writting there and that's making me sad a little.

But i started Apocalypse challenge again and i will post a updates there :D
Test Subject
#971 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 3:53 PM
I am starting this challenge. It sounds fun. I have a question. On ShowBiz Pet, it says Children and teenagers may not Learn to do Homework. Does that mean they can't do homework at all or that they can't have help doing homework?
Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#972 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justwright62
I am starting this challenge. It sounds fun. I have a question. On ShowBiz Pet, it says Children and teenagers may not Learn to do Homework. Does that mean they can't do homework at all or that they can't have help doing homework?
Thanks!
That ShowzPets rule means they can't have someone teach them to do homework, but they may try to slog through it on their own. Until you unlock Education, no one is allowed to even go to school, so there will be no homework to begin with anyways.
Lab Assistant
#973 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 3:07 PM
Just started the challenge... already lifted Culinary/Hopelessness in 6 days But the last chance card I had gave me 20,000 simoleons and now my founder has about $35k and I have no idea what to do with it. He's also paid about 2,000 a day. I feel like it's kind of taken some of the challenge away. I'm thinking of downloading one of the 'lower salaries' mods. Would that be okay? I just think the Maxis wages that are paid are far too much.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#974 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moosey54321
Just started the challenge... already lifted Culinary/Hopelessness in 6 days But the last chance card I had gave me 20,000 simoleons and now my founder has about $35k and I have no idea what to do with it. He's also paid about 2,000 a day. I feel like it's kind of taken some of the challenge away. I'm thinking of downloading one of the 'lower salaries' mods. Would that be okay? I just think the Maxis wages that are paid are far too much.
Yes, you may use a lower salaries mod, though this challenge is still pretty difficult in other ways, so you could just forget about your wealth. The criminal restriction should quickly take care of your too much cash problem.though.
Lab Assistant
#975 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 1:57 PM
Yeah that was a bad decision. My family got to about 20k in debt to the mafia with those mods in so I took them out , they're okay now. Thanks for clearing it up anyway.
Page 39 of 43