Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 1093 (Who?), Viewed: 56706 times.
Page 44 of 44
#1076 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:45 PM
I'm not sure when it is yet - the receptionist wasn't there. And yeah, it was the reason for the scan. I kinda muddled my wording there.

Anyways, what I like to do is think of the worst case scenario. Okay, that would be thyroid cancer, which has a high survival rate. But there's a good chance that it's not cancer. It's not even necessarily a tumour - I have cysts/nodules (not sure which) on my thyroid and maybe one of them got swollen or something.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Alchemist
#1077 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
EXACTLY. And the letters R/O were probably in front of it, meaning rule out thyroid tumor. Okay, I'm taking a deep breath now. Join me, won't you?

If it helps you to think about worse-case scenerios, go for it. I do that in terms of spending huge sums of money, myself. So, whatever floats your boat. And high survival rate sounds really good. But, I'm going to go for the swollen cyst. That sounds the best.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Mad Poster
#1078 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:37 PM
Honestly hurt over the actions of a so-called friend. I've been ditched. I shouldn't be surprised since there's a history there of doing this to others. I guess it was my turn.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#1079 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:44 PM
Still hurts, though, I know. I'm sorry that happened to you.

dodgy builder
#1080 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 9:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'm worried. Got my CT scan today. They also did some x-rays of my spine and neck. When i was walking to the xray room, I glanced down at the paper. It said there was a suspected thyroid tumour.

Won't know anything until the next doctor's appointment.

On a positive note, I got a homemade ginger cookie from the hospital cafe. It was good.

Smorbie is probably right. Take it easy. I had my cancer diagnosed immediately. It was just a bloodtest. Then it stays there and can't be removed in anyway, so I have to just live with it.

... so I'm treating myself to some education.

Where do you live? Do you live in a country with a good healthcare system?
Alchemist
#1081 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 3:27 PM
Mine was diagnosed by mammogram.

#1082 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 5:02 PM
I'm in Canada. Healthcare here is decent (albeit not perfect), and it's universal, although there's often waiting lists. I'd rather that than going bankrupt paying for a hospital stay.

Anyways, something went wrong with my CT scan, and they want me in again in a few weeks to do another. More waiting....

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
dodgy builder
#1083 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'm in Canada. Healthcare here is decent (albeit not perfect), and it's universal, although there's often waiting lists. I'd rather that than going bankrupt paying for a hospital stay.

Anyways, something went wrong with my CT scan, and they want me in again in a few weeks to do another. More waiting....

It's the same here, I didn't have use any of my own money either, and cancer is prioritized.

Don't let the worry take over your life, just tell yourself it's just a mistake or it's one of those nice one's.
Theorist
#1084 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:38 AM
Been pretty obsessed with my Miitopia game. I defeated the Dark Lord, but there is another. I won't spoil it for you guys, but it's a twist.

However, I started it over AGAIN! and I am currently grinding in Riverdeep Caverns to build up my team in the event I eventually am torn from them.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Top Secret Researcher
#1085 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 8:18 AM
i'm tired of basically everything. i went out for a drive earlier, and if it wasn't my dad's car i would have just driven straight into a wall or something going as fast as i could. thought i had made a really special friend recently but now seems they don't want to talk to me anymore. why do i even bother

Every part of me wants to believe there's a darkness we need to feel for the brightest light to be seen and felt inside.
Theorist
#1086 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 10:24 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Aug 2017 at 8:50 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywud
i'm tired of basically everything. i went out for a drive earlier, and if it wasn't my dad's car i would have just driven straight into a wall or something going as fast as i could. thought i had made a really special friend recently but now seems they don't want to talk to me anymore. why do i even bother

You still have us and being an extremely open line of communication, I am good at peer counseling from experience.

We care about you.

As of Sunday, August 13, 2017, I no longer allow Gemini into my room. I am tired of swallowing cat hair when trying to lay down to calm down.

I also have been getting my disc Collection under control. I received my leather CD binder (looks like a book). My mother thought one could be made similar but I tried telling her it was proprietary designed.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Top Secret Researcher
#1087 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 15th Aug 2017 at 12:44 AM.
Tired and annoyed.

I started washing and waxing my bedroom floor at 9:30 this morning. It is now going on 6 pm. That part I can deal with. What has me annoyed is the f-ing metal bed frame that makes a mess of the floor despite it having wheels. They don't roll across the floor, they drag no matter how many times I 'fix' them to roll in the same direction.

I'm in dire need of a shower as my hair looks like I stuck my finger in light socket thanks to the humidity, but first I need to find a new bed frame. I'm not going through this shizz again when the floors are due for good cleaning and wax if they need it. Throughout this process I've also found more crap to get rid of, so if nothing else, my house will be 'lighter' by the end of the week.

There's no rest for the wicked
Theorist
#1088 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 5:07 AM
Been contemplating my dream arcade machine. I would make it a 9x9 dance pad with flat screens for 9 player dance. I also would program full versions of the songs featured in Dance Dance Revolution (I have a massive collection of dance music.)

Still, it's still a dream.

Scholar
#1089 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 11:49 AM
I'm just out an aboot, striking some fun poses so when the nukes detonate and leave me as nothing more than a shadow burnt into a cement wall a large sentient cockroach will have 'imself a titter.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Theorist
#1090 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 7:28 PM
I feel like crap because my sleep schedule is wacky.

However, I have $3.01 on hand

Theorist
#1091 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
I feel like crap because my sleep schedule is wacky.

However, I have $3.01 on hand

1.27 on my bank account.

School started and an old friend of mine is there again.

I hate people who use big words just to make themselves look perspicacious.
15th Aug 2017 at 10:18 PM
This message has been deleted by Lady Lily. Reason: too much cruelty against me
Theorist
#1092 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 10:55 PM
Sleep deprived, dehydrated and feverish...I just got some ginger ale and my night pills.

I am glad to finally beat that final boss. I turned down my N3DS audio and played Intermission's "All Together Now" on a loop until the final leg of the battle ended. I had my 9 soldiers of older male geniuses fighting with me. It was worth the $45, because post Story Mode included the option to visit two islands, an urban 8 district island in the east and a tropical island in the west and the ability to expand your roster to 99 and you store the 90 others in a villa.

Top Secret Researcher
#1093 Old Yesterday at 2:41 AM
It was one of those days where I lurched from one mess to another. Ever have one of those days?

Finished the floors this morning. The stuff from doing that ended up left in the middle of the living room floor while the floors dried.

I decided that I didn't like the furniture in the corner of my bedroom, so that was changed. This wasn't a big deal as it was a matter of swapping out two pieces of furniture, but I had to bring one up from downstairs which had to be cleaned, hence more cleaning rags were added to the already growing pile from the finishing the floors.

Since today is Tuesday, that means both the fish tanks needed their weekly water change, vacuum, ect... The 10 gallon took way longer than I expected as I ended up vac'ing every square inch, moved rocks, pulled plants, added new plants, yada, yada, yada. The 40 gallon wasn't as bad, but the fish in that tank have decided that they no longer one of the foods they've been eating for the past few months, so that was another 30-plus minutes vacuuming to get all the untouched food out of their tank. Buckets, empty 5 gallon containers of RO water, heaters and all the other 'tank day' nonsense was added to the already growing mess left on the kitchen table.

Because of the furniture swap in the bedroom, I had to tear down the 5-gallon emersed tank that I used to grow out plants for both fish tanks. The tank has been drained, but still needs to cleaned, packed up and brought downstairs.

My arms are covered in bruises from moving and or lugging stuff around the house, but I did manage to get the mess under control. All the nasty cleaning rags have since been washed and are waiting to be hung to dry. All the fish tank stuff has been put away sans the 5-gallon that is going to wait until tomorrow and I can see my kitchen table again.

I like being busy, but I'm done with moving and lugging stuff around the house. I've been doing this for the past few days and I'm over it for the time being.

There's no rest for the wicked
Theorist
#1094 Old Yesterday at 8:54 PM
Worn out from phone calls.

Let's just say the numerous customer service calls to various companies has left me emotionally drained to the point it left me exhausted.

Nothing more soul crushing than fiscal responsibility and nothing more heartbreaking in life pleading a case over a telephone, especially if you're a notoriously awful liar. Well, next time, if the option is available, I rather purchase items with gift cards or codes purchased from retailers in both brick and mortar or online.

Page 44 of 44