Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:42 AM Last edited by Outlawstar15a2 : 14th Aug 2014 at 10:07 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Don't know where or how to restore Sim PE sim appearance files.
I wanted to take a family I created before and save them to the sim bin. I followed the step by step guide on sims wiki what I was left with was five .package files all Sims PE did when I was done was tell me to select a place to save the files which I did. I have the files I just don't know what to do with them so that I can recreate them for use in another neighborhood and my head aches from trying to figure it out.

Also hello everyone. :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 3:41 PM
If you are trying to remake them using SimPE Sim Surgery then you need to place them in "C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims" folder and they will show up in CAS in the age they were saved in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:09 PM
It's a good idea then to clone them and use the clones not the original files from SimPE.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:05 AM
Ok I figured it out. Apparently Sim PE only extracts Sims I would need to use Body Shop to get them into the game it seems. And Body Shop only reads Sims saved directly to Saved Sims (can't move them there later). I cloned and packaged using Body Shop and they showed up in CAS and I was able to add them to a collection. I just have two questions.

1.) Now that I added them to a collection can I just delete them from saved sims to cut down on clutter?
2.) Can pets be added to CAS or will it mess the game up cause when I viewed my pets in Body Shop they both had a Human head and looked glitched. Lmao.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:45 AM
1)
Always delete them or move them entirely out of the The Sims 2 folder. Otherwise they can create trouble.
It can be nice to have the SimPE generated files as a backup, but keep them far away from the game folders.

2)
That doesn't sound good. Also, I'm pretty sure pets shouldn't go into Bodyshop. I think you can save the entire pet as a preset ingame, at least in CAS. Not entirely sure about the change appearance menu.
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:11 AM
You can save pets ingame, just go into the house where the pet lives, and get a sim. Go to the phone, and there should be an option to 'register pet breed', it might be under pet adoption services or something like that, I can't remember. Then you will get a new breed in your CAS pets, which is an exact copy of what your pet looks like.