Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:42 AM
Default What's the first thing you'll do when you have TS4?
I'm getting mine on 5th September. My first agenda? Boot up The Goths and change how Mortimer looks like (current look is OK-ish, but I prefer him with stubbles and modern outfit/haircut) and starts to get him in shape, as he was a very fit guy in TS1.

Then I'll play around with The Goths (play them with their assigned careers and stuffs in their house) until Cassandra reaches adulthood and will introduce her to my self sim, where they will fall in love, gets married, have kids and live happily ever after.

The end.

What about you guys?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:48 AM
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:58 AM
LOL, where did his arms go?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:21 AM
Kill Amber
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Narsil
Kill Amber

Gosh almost forgot about that. might have to switch my priorities.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:52 AM
Kill her with the baby cow plant, Emino!

(Edit: Waiting some months to make a decision. So egging people on is all I've got right now.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:57 AM
I'm so curious about the Sims Gurus, Ryan and Graham. I've either downloaded or bookmarked them (funny, I'm so unsure of what I've done in that program) and want to see how they play. I want to take them to the park and check out all the neighbors, maybe spy on them a little. Then they'll get a life of sorts.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:59 AM
Wait a while before I buy it.

Then I'm going to make a legacy sim/ Hopefully someone will come up with a way to make custom townies (or its easy to do in game) and then I'll replace any/all townies with my own and other creators sims. Probably edit the houses to suit my tastes, and make a starter shack for my legacy sim.

Then I'll play my legacy sim without aging for a while (if possible) to get a feel for the game, explore new features and activities, then turn aging on and start making their family. Knowing me I'll get too excited making sims and end up with a few legacy families going at once.

I'm looking forward to it actually .
Instructor
#9 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:03 AM
i'll make a big looser challenge in my lot :P

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:42 AM
If I somehow decide to step up to TS4, I'll make a household of several slaves, some of them will probably be SimGurusGraham and Ryan, as well as a form of Amber if she's in the game, caring to one slacker sim at home that doesn't work. Maybe the Epic Wood girl, and Pancake Bob's wife will be the other slaves too. It's probably gonna end up like the old TS1 strat of making a Slave Labor family by making 7 disposable sims, and 1 sim you like, and have the 7 get jobs, and you only have a Fridge on the lot.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I'm so curious about the Sims Gurus, Ryan and Graham. I've either downloaded or bookmarked them (funny, I'm so unsure of what I've done in that program) and want to see how they play. I want to take them to the park and check out all the neighbors, maybe spy on them a little. Then they'll get a life of sorts.

Do you have a link to them? Or which user created them?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:35 AM
My plan was to just explore the game. Maybe go fishing. But after reading everyone's responses, I guess I'll be hiding from the angry mob that wants to kill me.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:27 AM
Would it be too trolly if I said "Rejoice in the fact that I saved 90% on the purchase price a year from now"?

Yes? No?

Serious answer: I would garden. That's. About all I'm looking forward to. Whenever I do get it. Which will be a year+ from release if at all.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#13 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:37 AM
Create a toddler sim and use CAST to make a completely unique outfit, making sure they get a swimming cap for their swimwear category, then make a parent who can drive them around the open world while carrying the baby they've picked up from the crib, making a point of stopping by the place the parent works at. Later, someone else will start a fire at the local swimming pool, just so we can strike up a relationship with the fireman when he arrives to put it out.

What?

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:43 AM
Surely I'll spend the first 3 hours answering questions (wich of course I don't know yet because I haven't played on my PC yet) and teaching my mom how to play it. And maybe, if I get lucky, I'll make to CAS and finally make the first family in my game.

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:17 AM
I will hunt around for every single last sim with the bro trait. Then I will invite them over for a nice 'party' but there will be an 'accident' involving fire. The bros will not be able to escape as they'll be to busy laughing to death.

After that? Move onto Amber.
Sockpuppet
#16 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:07 AM
I will make Madonna and Bjork, then I will make them hug and become BFFs ♥
If only it was real...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:27 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 21st Aug 2014 at 11:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
I...SimGurusGraham and Ryan, as well as a form of Amber if she's in the game...Do you have a link to them? Or which user created them?

Go to the Gallery - Community - All Downloads and search for "Amber" and "SimGuru". There are several developers and they appear in different combinations. You can even get Rachael.

*Edit* There are possibly some better versions of them. I was exploring the ones that Maxis had favored and found the household "Gameplay SimGurus!" made by SimGuruJill. I'm having a hard time getting back to the versions I saw originally, but I know they're there.

What evil thing will you do with them?

Forum Resident
#18 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:51 AM
I'll make a nice blue collar family where the dad is a cop, the mom works at the office, and they try to keep their toddler out of their small swimming pool. They are not fond of technology and don't even have a mobile phone.

Oh wait..
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
I'll make a nice blue collar family where the dad is a cop, the mom works at the office, and they try to keep their toddler out of their small swimming pool. They are not fond of technology and don't even have a mobile phone.

Oh wait..

Guess you gotta go wierder with that...

Crocs with socks
Scholar
#21 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:40 PM
The first thing i'm gonna do is install it, I think everyone has to do that first, then cross your fingers, then launch the game.
Instructor
#22 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Go to the Gallery - Community - All Downloads and search for "Amber" and "SimGuru". There are several developers and they appear in different combinations. You can even get Rachael.

*Edit* There are possibly some better versions of them. I was exploring the ones that Maxis had favored and found the household "Gameplay SimGurus!" made by SimGuruJill. I'm having a hard time getting back to the versions I saw originally, but I know they're there.

What evil thing will you do with them?

As I mentioned, if I do get this game, I'll try to pull an old strategy from the TS1 days of a "Slave Labor" family. Where 7 poor dolts are there just to get jobs for the household, pampering 1 "Chosen" sim. It was mentioned in one of the Prima Guides back in the day. So basically I make the house as normal, lock it out to everyone except the chosen sim, and leave the other 7 outside with just a Fridge to survive. That means that they'll have to just pee themselves and fall asleep on the floor.

Unless of course, Maxis designed the game to prevent my strategy from being feasible, i.e. removing the door locking feature...
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:40 PM
get a job? didnt they say money is harder to come by in this sims? i neeed the moneyyyyy
Scholar
#24 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:41 PM
Close utorrent?

Alchemist
#25 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:55 PM
Have fun, try out the new feautures, just play it.