Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:47 PM Last edited by missgothika : 13th Nov 2014 at 9:40 PM.
Default Crashing issue when changing PropertyID
hi! I've downloaded the Cmar's last update for pools. Cloned two independant swimsuits (same item same color). Edited both in S4S. As a result, two independant files with independant ProductIds. Since i want them to appear under the same thumbnail (as i always do with my cc.. i changed one's productid so it matches the other. When i do this, the game crashes when choosing it. I'm clueless. Has anything changed?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:56 PM
PropertyID you mean? That should work... It's meant to work anyway. Except it's been declared as a uint while I am pretty sure all the object swatchgroupings are meant to be ulongs. Is this meant to be different in Casparts?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
PropertyID you mean? That should work... It's meant to work anyway.

i never get that right. yes, property ID. i don't know either. Want to see the files?

edit: see.. you just spoke in chinese. i don't understand chinese XD. sorry, i'm not familiar with those terms yet. I just did what i always do.. and i don't know why they work separate but not joined.

edit2: all was cloned from the same item & color but with different names. I'm going to do everything again for the third time and see.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  swimsuits.rar (745.1 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
#4 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:00 PM
Did you check whether your new outfits worked ok in game *before* you tried grouping their swatches?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:01 PM
Did you check whether your new outfits worked ok in game *before* you tried grouping their swatches?

yes, perfect. :/

Appear as outfit, in swimwear category, no problems.

edit: nop, re did everything. still crashing.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:20 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 13th Nov 2014 at 9:48 PM.
Same for me. Hmm, I wonder if the game won't let you use different geoms or other usually shared resources for different swatches of the same item? I'll do some experimenting.

Update: Seems to have uncovered a bug in CAS Tools.

Update: False alarm - looks like the CASP wrapper not reading the indexes correctly. Inge, did you update the wrapper for pools?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Same for me. Hmm, I wonder if the game won't let you use different geoms or other usually shared resources for different swatches of the same item? I'll do some experimenting.

it's SO weird.. because i've done this with everysingle collection i've released.. and those are working fine. Something to do while cloning you say?. Thanks for taking the time to see it.

Edit: for now i can make it only recolors in s4s and share it in combo.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 9:27 PM
Splitting this off because it appears to be a different issue. Feel free to edit the title of course.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
#9 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC

Update: Seems to have uncovered a bug in CAS Tools.

Update: False alarm - looks like the CASP wrapper not reading the indexes correctly. Inge, did you update the wrapper for pools?

The only thing I did was fixed the constructor for that custom subclass "Flag". But after I had shared my build snaitf told me he had also made some changes so we merged our versions before handing off to Kuree. So yeah it's possible that the build I did had not got the pool update in it. I didn't look at any other part of it.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 10:10 PM
I found when I put the original s4pe 0.2d s4pi.CASPartResource.dll back and made the Property ID change, both suits work fine in the same thumbnail. The one edited to do clothing category modifications may need a correction. Please try it for yourself, though, in case I'm seeing things. Seems very strange it would work fine for the category changes and not for the Property ID.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

#11 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 10:11 PM
Get Snaitf to do a build of the one he took back from me and merged. That might fix it.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#12 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 10:49 PM
Yeah, I seem to remember he did the update for the extra Pools field.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#13 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 11:16 PM
OOOoook, you guys are giving me WAY too much credit here. The only changes I made to the CASP files is to fix an unparsing issue (Kuree forgot to add the new field from version 1c into Unparse) ( https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools...6430425af2558e1 ), convert the age/gender enum to a uint (so it could be edited with the grid) ( https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools...727109776329aea ), and make the color codes look prettier in the preview pane ( https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools...b434647cfd9773c ). That's all... Kuree did the rest.
#14 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 11:51 PM
So, I don't know what you guys are doing different than me, but I cannot seem to duplicate this error. I took both your swimsuits, and edited the property id's to match, and they appeared just fine, under the same thumbnail, in the game (very pretty, btw, and I like your crown icon, too). I used my most up to date version, Kuree's most up to date version, and the official v0.2d release, it worked for all 3. (And, I'm assuming you know this, but just in case you don't, s4pe needs to be extracted with 7-zip, anything else will make it behave oddly.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 3:06 AM Last edited by missgothika : 14th Nov 2014 at 3:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
So, I don't know what you guys are doing different than me, but I cannot seem to duplicate this error. I took both your swimsuits, and edited the property id's to match, and they appeared just fine, under the same thumbnail, in the game (very pretty, btw, and I like your crown icon, too). I used my most up to date version, Kuree's most up to date version, and the official v0.2d release, it worked for all 3. (And, I'm assuming you know this, but just in case you don't, s4pe needs to be extracted with 7-zip, anything else will make it behave oddly.)

Well, thank you for the lovely comment :D. As regards to the problem.. i re did everything again .. extracted with7zip. cloned 2 swimsuits white, new item with different names. open both in s4pe 0.2d copy one propertyid edited the texture, save, pasted the id to the other, edited texture, save. open game, swimwear, crash. In this case i ended up redoing the swimwear using the tanktight mesh, because i hate how the cleavage area lights so much when outside using the regular swimsuit. but anyway. i think that it's a very useful feature for other items.. and wonder why you didn't see the error. i have intel graphics 4000?.. i doubt that has to do. An Cmar mentioned she tried and got the same error. so i don't know. someone else should test the steps.

edit: Snaitf do you replaced inge's file in s4pe. so according to cmar, replacing that with the original fixes it?. maybe is that. so if you have the untouched version of s4pe you can't add new outfitcategories in the flags.
#16 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:35 AM
Well snaitf will have the one with both his and my fixes in, while the one I gave out is missing his fixes.

#17 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:50 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 14th Nov 2014 at 5:10 PM.
Well, the untouched version of s4pe won't allow for adding of new category/outfit flags, and Inge's will. But, I don't think that's the problem, because as I stated above, I tried with 3 different versions of s4pe (untouched .2d, .2d with Kuree's commits, and .2d with Kuree's, mine and Inge's commits) and it worked for all 3.

Are you using Inge's .dll in your s4pe? If so, that is going to be the problem. The one she gave you, she made off an old CASP wrapper, and it doesn't parse correctly. I will post one here that should work for you, and have Inge's changes to add category flags.

@Inge Jones - You should prolly go back to the post where you supplied that wrapper and remove the link. That wrapper is not updated to work with the new patch.

---

Moderator edit: File removed to combat possible redundancy; re-posted here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541447 -- pbox

--
#18 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
@Inge Jones - You should prolly go back to the post where you supplied that wrapper and remove the link. That wrapper is not updated to work with the new patch.

I'd love to! Do you remember where I posted it?

#19 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 12:49 PM
I'd love to! Do you remember where I posted it?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...969#post4598969
#20 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:27 PM
Thanks, done

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:53 PM
Thanks for taking the time to fix the issue. Should be a sticky for this *not literally this post, but the info*
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#22 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:07 PM
OK I moved the file snaitf had posted (and also the other two by Inge) to a new post in Tools: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541447

This will hopefully make it easier for creators to find them. I'm also removing the file from this thread so that we don't have redundant copies around.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#23 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:17 PM
For the category stuff, only the CASP wrapper is relevant. But the other ones are also updated (Inge had posted them along with her first version of CASP, the pool-incompatible one) so you might also want to grab them while you're at it =).

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:19 PM
hehe, i deleted it. thought they were more files in each zip. i'm going to add them all and test them once i make something