Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:39 AM
Default A New Simish Somewhat Type Game
Your thoughts? Will this entertain you more than 4 or not? LOL I want to at least check it. The house building reminds me of 1. I like that the one image references San Francisco? I will have to head out later for wifi and see if I can put this on my ipad.

https://simsvip.com/2017/10/12/supe...me-street-game/
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:49 AM
AGGGHHH!! but it's only on mobile! I don't have a f@#%ing mobile!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:56 AM
I do not have wifi on mine so would only be able to play when elsewhere with that. Odds are we would need to be online? I do want to at least give it a look.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:58 AM
Competition is nice, but I doubt EA will be phased until the game starts generating some serious business for itself.

I hope the game does well. It looks cute.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:02 AM
Some competition is better than none, but I don't think EA is shaking in their boots either. It is interesting to see cats and dogs in it at release.
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
AGGGHHH!! but it's only on mobile! I don't have a f@#%ing mobile!

TS4 is practically a mobile game, just on PC.
Theorist
#7 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
TS4 is practically a mobile game, just on PC.

Still doesn't change the fact that I don't have a mobile .-.
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 5:59 AM
Downloading!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Downloading!

Tell us how it is?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 10:00 AM
Any idea how reliant it is on microtransactions? I might download it myself if it's sufferable enough.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
#11 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Any idea how reliant it is on microtransactions? I might download it myself if it's sufferable enough.

Just downloaded it, from what I've noticed, you can just skip actions (like baking, painting) by paying with gems (premium currency).
Not sure about buying furniture for gems, as im lvl 3 for now, and a lot of stuff needs higher levels.
You're getting also gems when hitting next level, so it's not bad tho.
Theorist
#12 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 11:25 AM
That looks and sounds like absolute horsepoop. Levels, quests, "your character"(so basically EA's Yoursim wish fulfillment avatar)...that all rises red flags.

I don't really see how this would be any better than Sims 4 or the sims mobile version currently available.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Competition is nice, but I doubt EA will be phased until the game starts generating some serious business for itself.

I hope the game does well. It looks cute.

Ooo, not to be that guy, but it's "fazed," not "phased." It triggers me immensely when people get this wrong. Another one I hate is when people say "women" instead of "woman." That one, I don't even know how so many people f*** up on but it happens.

But I'm just trying to help, not be a douche, I assure you. Also, I didn't watch the video because someone said it was mobile and mobile games are geared towards normies, so they're usually anything but an actual video game and more often than not just moneysinks that normies don't understand, hence why they're so successful. Also my smart phone is a third party POS--Amazon Fire--so I highly doubt it'd be compatible, anyway.

I guess the real point of my post is to vent some of this edginess and butthurt that just comes with being alive in today's society. I really would like some real competition to The Sims, though, but it'd have to be focused on the PC primarily and it would be nice if it was tackled by someone competent and reputable.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:21 PM
Competition is good, but when I read "for free" or even just "mobile" I'm immediately not interested anymore. I've played some fun mobile games, but it never lasted long and in the end it always ended with too many micro transactions.
Unfortunately I don't think such games are any competition for The Sims.
Instructor
#15 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 4:40 PM
stopped reading at MOBILE

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Scholar
#16 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
Tell us how it is?

Well the little animations for the characters are certainly cute.

So far you have to create thoughts/ideas/knowledge ect in your "mind" in order to do tasks.

Stuff like eating, sleeping, showering, bathroom, thats all kind of done as idle-animations, while it seems clicking on an item such as a bed will effect the character, this is not necessary to do. There are no 'needs' to be filled. There isn't a lot of choice in ways of career so far. I'm starting off doing paintings as tasks that need to be completed. Some pipes in a fountain burst so the other town characters asked me to help by collecting pipes and some other items.. I got those pipes and other items by baking. The task of baking dropped the pipes and other items. There are a lot of really cute animations, but I don't feel like I have that much control over my sim at this point. Maybe at a higher level I will, but thats kind of doubtful. He's cute though.

When you buy your house it comes with boxes that you must pack and it automatically places them, so you don't have to buy furniture right away. You can upgrade the furniture. You can zoom in quite a bit and the lot rotates.

"CAS" you can choose from several preset faces but you can't change lips, eyes, mouths ect. You can choose different hair. More clothing styles are unlocked at higher levels. The little character even moves around in "CAS" too. Your sim can be edited anytime you want, after he's been created.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 7:00 PM
Shameless knock-off. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if it weren't just another mobile cash grab.

Also my bullshitometer is detecting a political agenda with this game.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Your thoughts? Will this entertain you more than 4 or not?

Nope. Saw a playthrough. Object's required to be unlocked at a certain level = not my type of game. I rather play 4 If I had choose between the two.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shenti
Ooo, not to be that guy, but it's "fazed," not "phased." It triggers me immensely when people get this wrong. Another one I hate is when people say "women" instead of "woman." That one, I don't even know how so many people f*** up on but it happens.

No, you’re great, I love being corrected.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 8:27 PM
It certainly is better than freeplay in the sense it does not limit your time to finish a task, which make it feel doing tasks is your choice, and it does not throw microtransactions in your face, which is another +. Lots of good looking items, market, mechanics of getting stuff and story are nice, but that's about it. Not being able to control my character (read: avatar) is a shame, but the animations and artstyle are actually pretty good for a mobile game.

Idk, I love it more than freeplay already, but, again, it feels like another facebook social game.
I'm not going to talk about that other mobile game. Deserves not even to be mentioned...
Theorist
#21 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 8:55 PM
Before we go crazy and decide to throw our money at this to make a point. please be aware that
Quote:
Supersolid's Home Street was created by a highly experienced team from EA, Playfish, and other leading studios, who have created dozens of award-winning mobile and social games together.

They're still going to get your money, and all they'll "learn" from it is that people prefer mobile games over proper PC releases.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 11:25 PM
I manage to play most of the games on my ipad without spending as when I would need to pay to speed up something for example, I just switch to another game and then come back later. I am pretty firm about not paying more than $5-10 at the most for a game and only if one I like a lot and feel the developers do deserve compensation, and if the purchase is something I want. Whether this will hold my interest that long shall be seen. I may download it and delete it 5 minutes later. I want to at least check it out. If they are counting on me to be a whale, that ain't gonna happen I am sure.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:38 PM
Just started the game. It's an ok game and so far I've had fun playing it. But I still prefer the Sims games.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 7:11 PM
It's empty on content. The opening looked really promising (way more than Freeplay opening) but then, after level 6 you just get stuck doing repetitive tasks, grinding skills and items and selling them in order to continue doing the same. Meh, was good while it lasted.
Scholar
#25 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:02 PM
Yeah, I concur. Its merely okay.
Page 1 of 2