Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:09 AM
The Sims 3 Island Paradise Patch
When is it going to come out?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:11 AM
I hate you so much. I thought this was it. >.<

And we don't know lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:19 AM
I'm seeing rumours on the official forums that it may be within the next day or two. Wouldn't surprise me, given that it's just over a week until the EP itself.
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:20 AM
probably tomorrow.
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:31 AM
Tricked me too. I was hoping this patch would be released as early as the Uni patch was so I could start playing with buydebug.
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:34 AM
the sooner it comes out, the sooner all my mods will be updated and the sooner I can play the actual expansion when it comes out.
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:04 AM
I doubt we get it tomorrow. Graham tweeted this two hours ago:

Quote: Originally posted by Graham Nardone
Sorry all - I know everyone's excited about the next Sims 3 update (it's a great one!), but I can't give an ETA for when it'll release.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:18 AM
This is... ridiculous. What are they waiting for? It's clearly finished.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:53 AM
Sorry if I tricked you guys...

^I agree, this is ridiculous! Why the heck they didn't release it earlier?? I'm still waiting to play with the new foundations and lot controls and skin tones....
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
This is... ridiculous. What are they waiting for? It's clearly finished.

My guess some really bad bug is interfering with their schedule. What ever it is I hope they get it out by friday because I have a 3 day weekend and I would like to finish updating my mods this weekend so next weekend I can play the game.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 4:14 AM
Must be one hell of a bug...

Alchemist
#12 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
My guess some really bad bug is interfering with their schedule.

That couldn't be it...
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:18 AM
They always have something! Bugs, etc. EA is a bad company...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:56 AM
Hey, if they have a bug, I'd rather they hold off releasing the patch and actually fix it, instead of following their usual formula of just releasing the thing regardless.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:34 AM
that would require EA to actually give a damn about player experience. They are probably going to include the patch with the EP and only release a standalone patch like a month later to get people to buy the EP to get the new features and fixes. I guess not enough people are buying the newer expansion packs.
Instructor
#16 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:21 PM
Is there any video game in the world with this "so many patches situation" as The Sims 3?

face palm
Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:27 PM
I can haz patience?

What's the big deal, patches don't fix any known bugs anyway. The one that comes out with Island Paradise will probably be just a blueprint feature update.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 2:41 PM
^The last patch (or the patch prior) was actually pretty good. It even cleared up some WA bugs, which you don't see everyday lol Sometimes, they fix a lot, sometimes, they fix a little *like the Full Moon Bug in Supernatural). And we've only been getting patches to update the game for expansion packs and to add content to the base game, which changed from just dumping patches on up every few weeks, or weekly, at one point. There was actually a small period of time when we got 3 patches in 3 or 4 days.

They've improved, and only give out patches when they need to.

Theorist
#19 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 4:22 PM
I bet money the patch will come out Thursday with the store set, and include a store patch even.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andygal
that would require EA to actually give a damn about player experience. They are probably going to include the patch with the EP and only release a standalone patch like a month later to get people to buy the EP to get the new features and fixes. I guess not enough people are buying the newer expansion packs.

I don't know if their expansions have sold well or not, but I do know that I have been disappointed with all of them except Generations and Seasons. Maybe their sales have sucked.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I don't know if their expansions have sold well or not, but I do know that I have been disappointed with all of them except Generations and Seasons. Maybe their sales have sucked.

Wait, you weren't disappointed with Generations? I know they set the bar pretty low, but there was hardly anything in it...
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 5:05 PM
^The excuse being you have to dig for the content. The objects are great, but Generations didn't really add many meaningful things to the game, but what there is great when it comes time to use it. It actually has children's furniture in it, which doesn't really exist in many other pack, except Pets, and I hate unicorn bed the bed with a passion. Supernatural has a lot some children's things as well.

That's, what? 2 or 3 out of 11 packs?

#23 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 5:11 PM
Patches. I have a love/hate thing with patches. It's a bit like me and potatoes. I love them but my tummy doesn't .
Patches .... But patches do allow gamers to let loose their Battle cry "omg .. Ffs! This is the WORST update, like Ever!' .. Which is always nice.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#24 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
My guess some really bad bug is interfering with their schedule.
It's not a bug, it's Canasta Hour at the office, and the mojito's just started to kick in.

EDIT:There was a message on my launcher saying patch 1.55 is out, but it's not on the "Game updates" page and the "patch features" section is saying 404 not found.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 5:32 PM
Page 1 of 11