Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 5:00 PM
Default Anyone else running out of space in the existing neighbourhoods?
My sisters and I share a save file in the sims 4 and we each play various branches of the same family, which has gotten to be about 6 generations. Sometimes, in order to find a place for sims that have grown up to live in, we have to evict NPCs. We're also running into another problem: there are fewer and fewer sims that aren't related to our sim family in some way. We only have base game so we're playing with Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest. I wish they'd bring back create-a-world but I know that would be hard with the nature of Sims 4 towns. Maybe a simpler tool with different template designs. We don't want to make a new save file because we've gotten attached to these families.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by geolectrick
My sisters and I share a save file in the sims 4 and we each play various branches of the same family, which has gotten to be about 6 generations. Sometimes, in order to find a place for sims that have grown up to live in, we have to evict NPCs. We're also running into another problem: there are fewer and fewer sims that aren't related to our sim family in some way. We only have base game so we're playing with Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest. I wish they'd bring back create-a-world but I know that would be hard with the nature of Sims 4 towns. Maybe a simpler tool with different template designs. We don't want to make a new save file because we've gotten attached to these families.

I keep hoping that there will be a new world released via a patch I've got the same problem in my game and I have every pack Each time I've asked over in twitter and in the Sims Community forums, I get no response Outdoor Retreat brings Granite Falls but that is strictly a vacation world I've evicted so many npcs to have room to build more homes for my sims and their relatives that I'm worried about the relationship aspect as well.
Theorist
#3 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 4:12 AM
The only (temporary and I suppose costly) solution is to purchase Get Together and you'll have a new world, with 2 empty lots and a couple of unoccupied houses. Eventually you'd have to evict more npc's though... but it'll put a fresh set of new faces in your game until you intrude on their territories. Plus, you'd get a new environment and the expansion itself has new gameplay.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:41 AM Last edited by daisylee : 28th Jun 2016 at 11:54 AM.
What builder has NOT run out of space?????????? These tiny hoods are absurd IMO. I need much more space. I am tired of nuking lots to build and/or rotating them in and out of the game. These worlds are way too dang small for me.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:52 AM
Sharing saves is the best !

I have GTW and GT so I haven't run out of space so far, I've run out of tiny lots though, so I'm moving my older (and richer) families to the bigger lots, but mostly I'm running out of time to rotate through all of these families !

I agree a templates based CAW (or Create-a-Neighborhood) would be great, I'm more interested in easy-to-use basic functionalities than infinite customization.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:56 AM
Sadly, I don't think we will ever be able to build our own worlds and that is a doggone shame as I loved to build them for 2 and 3. Not being able to do that this time around is a huge step backwards. I have all the EPs and nowhere to build. I now have to nuke or remodel to use anything new.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 10:26 AM
And let's not forget about the Magnolia Promenade that came with GTW that only have FOUR lot spaces!! srsly? i got pissed every time i open the neighborhood!!
!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 12:41 PM
It's like... four desolate lots in the midst of fake, plastic buildings. I can't stand to look at it either. At least, public spaces are looking good, but that map... it irritates the heck out of me!
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 1:55 PM Last edited by bamrd : 30th Jun 2016 at 10:47 PM.
I'd suggest a mod like the one zerbu came up with (I think it's updated, sometimes they get busy and can't update things). You can live in Granite Falls which could open up living areas for you. You can find that here.

Also, I know you don't want to do a new save file, but if you decide to you can always check out empty world files by either LaReineDubois or OneBillionPixels. That would allow for more lots to build/customize. Empty world files are easy to create on your own if you don't want to download anything - just delete and move out as many sims and houses as the game will let you (which should be all but one sim per neighborhood).

Edit: I think you can also live in/on the hidden lots (such as Sylvan Glade/Grotto and Sixam), but I haven't tried doing that in a while and I can't seem to find the information I had on doing so. That may open up a handful of lots to live/build on as well.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 12:49 AM
No, because I play on a new save for every family I create. So...that means that New Crest is always empty to play with.
But, I can totally understand people running out of space! They are really tiny worlds, in comparison to the other Sims games.

Edit: Additionally, I typically evict all the EA-created, NPC type families when I start. I don't personally like playing them and so I don't like them taking up space. -- I don't evict them in every world, just the particular world I'm playing in at that time.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 10:08 AM
I find that my worlds are weighted very heavily as community lots as I want to build and use the new items we get, such as spas, restaurants, etc. I nuke residence after residence so I have some space. We should not have to do that.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 1:48 PM
At this point... even duplicating an existing map with a new name would be an improvement.
IE You would have Windhaven and new bubbles for an exact duplicate with a custom name.. Stonehaven, waterhaven, Flubberville.. whatever.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 8:06 PM
I found out today that Newcrest exists. It's full of empty lots!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 10:48 PM
It's annoying how we're getting more and more community lots, and no space to put them anywhere. Seems pretty stupid to only have one or two businesses, or only a couple of restaurants, but that's literally all I can fit into my worlds.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 11:49 PM
Yeah I think we need another free release world at this point. It is getting rough finding space for things. As it is my sims have a strict population control in effect :/
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
Yeah I think we need another free release world at this point. It is getting rough finding space for things. As it is my sims have a strict population control in effect :/

I agree completely. Why in the world did they make such limited space to build in? I've tried to get an answer about getting a new world from the Gurus on twitter and they are all remaining mum on it If the backyard stuff pack is more than just a rumor, I foresee a lot of demolishing in my game. I'm also worried about removing the npcs because I don't want to wind up in a game where all the characters are related
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 8:02 PM
I've barely started playing Sims 4 (I've played mostly with the previous games) and already I am running into this issue! It's especially hard for a simmer that likes to play different families often :/ .
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brendavision
I've barely started playing Sims 4 (I've played mostly with the previous games) and already I am running into this issue! It's especially hard for a simmer that likes to play different families often :/ .

And the only way to get more worlds is to buy the packs, but even though I own all of them, I still am out of room.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmfuqua2013
I agree completely. Why in the world did they make such limited space to build in?

I have a theory about this, but don't hold me to it:

Remember how in TS1, we were all limited to just 10 lots per hood in the very beginning, but then starting with Unleashed, the hoods became expanded? I am having a gut feeling that they could be trying something similar with TS4 where sometime down the line, we'll have EPs that expand each sub-hood, with additional new collectibles, objects, interactions, etc.

If this turns out to be the case, it's probably not that they were trying to make a limited space to build in. They might have underestimated how long it would take for players to run out of space before releasing these hood-expanding EPs I am theorizing about. But again, this is just me theorizing (and in some ways, hoping) that this is what happened and that in the future, we'll be seeing an EP where Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, etc. get more lots.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
I have a theory about this, but don't hold me to it:

Remember how in TS1, we were all limited to just 10 lots per hood in the very beginning, but then starting with Unleashed, the hoods became expanded? I am having a gut feeling that they could be trying something similar with TS4 where sometime down the line, we'll have EPs that expand each sub-hood, with additional new collectibles, objects, interactions, etc.

If this turns out to be the case, it's probably not that they were trying to make a limited space to build in. They might have underestimated how long it would take for players to run out of space before releasing these hood-expanding EPs I am theorizing about. But again, this is just me theorizing (and in some ways, hoping) that this is what happened and that in the future, we'll be seeing an EP where Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, etc. get more lots.

I hope that they either expand the existing worlds or add new worlds soon I suspect the next new world will be in whatever ep comes next I'd be happy with just a free blank world like the one they did before :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#21 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jmfuqua2013
I hope that they either expand the existing worlds or add new worlds soon I suspect the next new world will be in whatever ep comes next I'd be happy with just a free blank world like the one they did before :lovestruc

I hope they expand the towns we have already, but I would also like to see new blank ones like Newcrest. I'm still holding out for an urban town.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
I hope they expand the towns we have already, but I would also like to see new blank ones like Newcrest. I'm still holding out for an urban town.

That'd be cool I'm hoping for a beachside town where Sims can swim in the water :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#23 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:09 PM
Grant said way back when they might add to the original worlds. I sure wish they would, as well as give us new ones. I actually would prefer fewer and larger worlds than a bucketload of these tiny ones.