Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default hood won't load in SimPE or loads as a blank (can't register at SimPE site that's why I'm posting here)
So, I currently have a windows 10 laptop that crashed during a windows update a couple months ago. And I'm playing Sim 2 the ultimate collection (Mr DJ’s repack). Prior to the crash I had SimPE 0.72.01c with the mansions and gardens patch. When I had to reinstall SimPE I installed the 0.72 version but couldn’t find the patch or the name of it in the files I had saved from my PC and got SimPE 0.73.44-QA from the website. For some strange reason I thought it was the patch and copied all the 0.73 files into the 0.72 folder in my programs folder in the C drive. And I had no troubles, it ran perfectly.
My problems started a couple play arounds ago I wanted to change the gender of my trans teen sim in SimPE. I was prepared to have it fail. I backed up my hood. I was following these instructions http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=109024.0 a while ago I had a set of male/female twins that I wanted to make as identical as possible and sim surgeried the boy to match the girl and then that made the boy a girl in game and I used the above instructions to make him a boy again, but he was toddler aged so I figured there might be a failure with someone teenaged. I selected my character:

I could even look at his DNA (but did not have DNA open when I tried to open Character file)

But when I opened the character file, this is what I got:

It looked like I was missing a section that should show me the sub-options on the in the top right, but I honestly cannot remember. When I clicked on age data nothing really happened

I wanted to see if everything else was oke, so I went into sim surgery extracted my sim, put Hortensia back into CAS changed gender to male, saved the now male Hortensia, went back into SimPE and sim surgeried Hortensia to the male double, and tada transitioned sim!

Game didn’t crash everything was cool, and I went on to play more sims and other families. I have recently updated my PC, but I cannot remember if that occurred before or after Character File wouldn’t open. Today I went into SimPE backed up my hood went to open it, and then when I went to look at a sim it wouldn’t show up at all:

I had some freezing issues in game, took out the most recent mods I added, fixed the freezing issue after a few forced errors, disabling CCs etc. and wanted to double check everything looked right after I made the post-freeze back up. Since it was a blank I restarted my computer, still a blank. So, I uninstalled SimPE and just ran the 0.73 version. I could get to neighbourhood browser, I could back up my game, but opening the hood froze at 71% so I tried again, still had back up options, but the hood just loads blank. Reinstalled the 0.72 version found the MG patch, same issue. What’s going on? is it just the windows update that’s screwing me up? Game appears to be fine and SimPE appears to still let me back up hoods, but I'd like to do more with it. Any ideas? Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:15 AM
I think I figured it out, 5 seconds after posting this I remembered about compatibility mode, it worked in the test, hood, character, and character file loaded. i'll do further testing after work