Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:31 PM
Default Clothing-Crossover - anybody a clue ?
Hello everybody.

Because there is no Bodyshop in Sims 3, there isn't an obvious possibility of crossing
the cloth-Sections (All-day, Sports, Nightwear ...). But somehow Sims 3 has to get an information
about the classification of a cloth.
The aim is to transfer a copy of a bikini-top_mesh for example to the 'all-day'-section, so the Sim
has more basic combinations of creating outfits (such as a bikini with jeans and heels).

So I created two 'afTopShirtHalter' in the CAS, one in the 'all-day'-section and one
in the 'bathing'-section with same colors. Then I 'uploaded' both to get two .Sim3pack files
in my 'Export'-Directory (both about 165 kB)

Then I extracted both files with The 'Multi-Installer' from Delphi and got two .package files
(about 19 kB (!) - could that be correct ??). Now I was able to compare the ._xmL and .Comp files
with each other and so I thought any difference would be the information about the section of the cloth.

But I didn't find any difference, except the in ._xml-files the 'packageid' (filename) and the information
about the thumbnail. Now I am wondering, if the package-ID itsself could contain the
information about the section of a cloth, or could the information be hidden in
another data-file, and not in the .package-file, perhaps in the dae-file ?! (the .Comp-files were identical,
so there couldn't be any relevant information about that)

Further I am wondering about these lines in ._xml-file:

<dependencylist>
<packageid>0x050cffe800000000050cffe800000000</packageid> (identical with other ._xml-file)
<packageid>0x9ef352c00535bf8b409a3823f598bac3</packageid> (file name of the .package)
</dependencylist>

Has anybody a clue where to look ?

Kind regards,
Redguard

Update:

I created 5 'afTopShirtHalter' in the Bathing-Section and 5 'afTopShirtHalter'
in the All-Day-Section. After extraction I compared the filenames but it
looks that the two blocks nothing have common within their groups which
could show a section-information ... pitty

Black - Bath

0x18b29620e7aeb0b641f10c304e5f6bde.package
0x42d7a1128c498680489884a4549b0120.package
0x2816d58a0e9e9c8245658a8b8ae2e89d.package
0x671002acc4e0cb9649343c64035e06e3.package
0xdf3fc0c1cc628198408cb3d2b5af08fa.package

White - All-day

0x7cb033081ac261b449aa9451723b6ca2.package
0x32b94c1e85c96e9c44ffcfb0682e1302.package
0x4352cd7f867845af4f6d2f9613c2878b.package
0x67912228b2bae6a242428712b42e8470.package
0xa567c221ab67eb8d43efa03456c835f6.package
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM
Clothing category is specified in the CASPart (0x034AEECB) file, which links a set of textures to the base mesh itself.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:42 PM
I've spent at least 5 or 6 hours, trying the same. It seams when you export a style from cas.. it's just exports the style info, there is no object data, etc. It references fullbuild0 to get its part data,object, etc...

I pretty much gave up on it, i'd guess it's in the CASpart file... looked at it wit a hex editor.. didn't see anything obvious.

good luck

if you have any luck, keep us posted.

Nick
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:04 PM
Yep. The exportfile contains this: <presetRefKey>034aeecb:00000000:621d6756a01fff3e</presetRefKey>.

The last 16 digits are the reference to to the mesh and/or CAS Description.

Because otherwise the EA-Store wouldn't work.

My findings and results are posted here: http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172292
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM Last edited by naomi_asakura : 19th Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM.
So then, nobody has managed to change clothes types?

I'd like for my sim to be able to wear a bikini all day.. In fact, i have a "lum" sim from the anime series Urusei yatsura.. and the character, in the series, tends to run around in a tiger stripe bikini, unless she's going to school..

so i'd like to be able to make her do that as a sim
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
well, I tried to compare the CASpart-files from 2 'afTopShirtHalter', 1 'afTopShirtHalter_swim' and 1 'TopBra_Halter' (all 4 .packages were designed with the new CTU-Tool from Delphy.)

It really seems difficult. I changed the value in some positions from the
Bra-Caspart into the value of the Shirt-Caspart, but the only affect was,
that the bra disappeared from the CAS-Showroom.

(5C into DE, DC 10 into 22 11)
+
(C0 28 into 40 1C)
(clicke to enlarge - it's an imageshack)

I saved one change, reimport the Caspart with S3PI and saved the .package.
Then the next change, reimport ...
I hope when I saved the steps (done with Hexedit602) the format, size ... of the CASpart stay correctly, otherwise this could be one problem of not showing the altered .package.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:02 PM
I'll keep watching this thread for updates ^_^
i use to love all the custom content there was in the sims 1, and would love to have some in sims 3, too ^^
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:57 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 19th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM.
yeah, I'd love to be able to reclassify clothes too. In Sims 2, I had several long nighties made from formalwear Sims 3 once again has no full-length nightgowns. Big obstacle in Sims 2 was the shoes... nightie with heels looks ridiculous, and if you alpha edit the heels off you get barbie feet In Sims 3 all that is no problem. Reclassify the long gown, put a lil floral flannel print on it and add fluffy slippers, voila Or leave it shiny and silky for the lingerie look.

Not to mention, of course, that I have a totally different idea of "formalwear" than my sims do :/

Anyway, based on the Part Editor thread, looks like this will be built in to a future version of the Part Editor
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:11 AM
Srikandi, well, it's your favour - but I would like to see such, too ... - I'm like naomi - just have the possibility of creation.
I neither understand why EA 'blocks' the dreams to play with Manga-Heroes or sinful women. I just can imagine they are going to publish a 'Designer-Add-on'.

I'll try, but look at the real masters of modding. Delphy & Snaitf. It's amazing how fast a tool like the CTU is published. - I think both have to much free-time - thank goodness ...

Personally I think Gonmag had a good idea, because the EA Store make a difference in the category with the 'small' 185kb .Sims3pack (uploads) -
look at the size of the 'raw'-materials here - I got everytime about 1,2 MB-files., because of the .dds, I guess - btw. are in the EA Store categories ?

Weekend coming up and so I'll create dozens of ugly textures in hope finding a difference or a common row within the files so you can categorize the creations.
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:14 AM
Woo! I'll be here, hoping it works!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:29 PM
Srikandi, clothing categories is already built into the CTU tool However, it doesn't let you do default replacements by default BUT it's entirely possible to do so using an after-CTU edit.

Basically all you need to do is to open up the saved package file containing the new .caspart in S3PIFE or Postal, and change the Instance ID of the caspart chunk to the same as the instance ID specified in CTU for that particular mesh. This should then act as an override and replace the defaults with whatever you have changed - much like a texture replacement.

Redguard, the reason the EA store files are small is becuase they are compressed. We currently don't have working compression code that works on everything yet, hence why the CTU doesn't compress anything.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:29 PM
Hail to thee, my dear Lord Delphy, master of modding I praise you !
Live long and prosper - you saved me a lot of work

That was much easier than I thought !! And I am so blind

... here a quick example ...

Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:21 PM Last edited by naomi_asakura : 20th Jun 2009 at 1:19 AM.
Holy crud it works!! share share!? and share HOW too?
so i can do it to all the clothes.

Huh, i wonder now if there's a way to make nudist sims o.O

i just went and download the CTU tool thing, but i'mma nooblet with no idea how to use it, or even what files it opens..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:42 AM
Well, it's not worth to share ... just changed the texture, so you hadn't the choice to change the pattern or colour of the bra. I read about 'changing Alpha-channels', but I'm no artist.

Here is the the .package, perhaps you can test in in your system, - I'll try to create a vanilla-package, so you can change the textures and patterns in the CAS like the orginal files. ... Just to have find out if there would be a possibility to add an instance instead to replace it. But that could be another wrong way :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/2464731...99.package.html

... and about the 'how' ... just read Delphy's posts - perhaps I can write a tutorial at the weekend, but that way to Cross-over a cloth would'nt be the final way to do it !
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redguard
Well, it's not worth to share ... just changed the texture, so you hadn't the choice to change the pattern or colour of the bra. I read about 'changing Alpha-channels', but I'm no artist.

Here is the the .package, perhaps you can test in in your system, - I'll try to create a vanilla-package, so you can change the textures and patterns in the CAS like the orginal files. ... Just to have find out if there would be a possibility to add an instance instead to replace it. But that could be another wrong way :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/2464731...99.package.html

... and about the 'how' ... just read Delphy's posts - perhaps I can write a tutorial at the weekend, but that way to Cross-over a cloth would'nt be the final way to do it !

oh, so it's just a texture swap, not a full out clothes type cross? darn, well, it's close.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Basically all you need to do is to open up the saved package file containing the new .caspart in S3PIFE or Postal, and change the Instance ID of the caspart chunk to the same as the instance ID specified in CTU for that particular mesh. This should then act as an override and replace the defaults with whatever you have changed - much like a texture replacement.

Ahh awesome Something to try this weekend.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:07 AM
*waits patiently to see how this comes out!* ^___^
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 9:07 AM
Moving items across categories worked for me with Delphy's tool. I placed the men's polo top into formal and athletic and they are both fully wearable and designable via CASt.

Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:28 PM
is there a guide for the CTU-tool that i missed? i really wanna do this..
Eminence Grise
#20 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
Moving items across categories worked for me with Delphy's tool.

Great, my project for today is long nighties Though I may be the only person left in the world who wears em!
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:31 AM
okay, so, i got the thing figured out to alter downloaded packages to be all but work clothes..
how do i do this to the clothes that come IN the game? do i have to extract em or something?
and what about the ones i got off the exchange/store, that are "sims3pack" files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:01 PM
It looks that the .sims3pack files and modified clothes you save (upload)
from the CAS just only store the specific informations to the mesh and
the information about pattern and color packed in the fullbuild2.package.

To get a .sims3pack file from the CAS you have to save it & upload it. You don't really upload it at that moment - this you do in the Laucher.

So you can easily swap categories with the latest version of Delphy's CTU tool, I suggest this thread could be closed, couldn't it ?

I wish everybody a lot of fun with the CTU and looking forward to see
lots of creations
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:13 AM
Uhm...i still haven't figured out how i swap categories of the built-in clothes..
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:47 AM
trying to do this...

Little Kitty!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:19 AM
ok so i make up the item I want to transfer from one category of cloths to the other one... set up the color and such the way i want it... then hit save & share.... a new file appear in my saved games with the plupbob icon, is that the file i need to mess with CTU and S3PE? I ask because the delphy tool doesnt show up the file... nor the s3pe...

Little Kitty!
Page 1 of 2