Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 2:28 AM
Default The Name Game
Inspired by the Funny Names thread, I decided to post this little game. First poster gives a family surname and then the next poster makes up a family, including first name and some details about the family, and provides a new surname for the next poster. Family can be one sim or as many as you want, it's just a game.

Also I admit this is just an outlet because I can't play the Sims right now but have a mighty need to do so and thinking about creating new sims somehow makes it better.

Example: First post - "Pennyworth."
Second post -
"Perriwinkle Pennyworth lives alone as a thrifty gardener, with only kitty Aries to accompany her."

Feel free to be as descriptive or non-descriptive as you like and if you see a name earlier on that you wanna create a family for, feel free to do that as well. Go nuts.

Your name is: Honeywell. And go!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 2:56 AM
Melissa Honeywell quit the rat race over a decade ago to pursue her dream of beekeeping. She runs a shop on her property that sells honey and nectar, and she also offers tours of her apiary on weekends or by appointment from April through September. Her property - which includes the small shop, her house and the apiary itself - has a heavy meadowy vibe, and is liberally decorated with flowers, clover, and amber.

Next name is Cheeseman
Link Ninja
#3 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:05 AM Last edited by Charmful : 20th Dec 2017 at 3:18 AM.
Honeywell: (I was halfway through this before I refreshed and found someone already replied) Beatrice Honeywell and her little sister Nectarina. Two adults living in a large mansion. They come from a well-to-do family but their parents unfortunately were done in by a swarm of flies, those beastly bugs! The butler was tried and found guilty for dishware neglect that started the whole tragedy, luckily the girls were away at college when it happened. Now with that dreadful business behind them they can begin to move forward. The family's wealth and namesake derives from their bee farm. The Honeywells are the top supplier of honey in the tri-state area since the turn of the century. Beatrice, the heir to the estate is beautiful but stings like a bee, she's been spoiled all her life and is looking for a good match in marriage--basically someone to treat her like the Queen Bee she is. Nactarina is good-natured and is as sweet as honey itself. She's always looked up to her sister but Beatrice's steely demeanor has kept her at arm's length. Nectarina is most at peace in the gardens where wild bees land and pollinate, and dreams of not being so lonely now that her family has been ripped apart.

Edit: Here's another name to build off of - Holiday

BTW I love this thread.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:17 AM
Horace Cheeseman is an elderly chap who lives alone in a little country house growing veges. His grandfather used to make cheese, coincidentally, but he's not really fond of the stuff.

Next name: Dugnutt
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:26 AM
The Cheeseman (also known as Arnold Swiss) is wanted all over Sim City. The most notorious Evil Mastermind all of Simdom has ever seen. All cringe at his name.

He is well known for his mind controlling grilled cheeses he use to sell at his restaurant. As soon as you tasted the delicious melted cheese, your brain would begin to think of having another...and another...and another...until you couldn't move or speak. Jobs were quit. Relationships broken. Society broke down in a matter of days. All anyone could think of was GRILLED CHEESE.

But all was not lost as Captain Hero (formerly Karoline Smythe) showed up to defeat him! She is lactose intolerant and therefore would not fall to his glorious and dastardly creations. She fought bravely and valiantly, trying her best to thwart him with her patent pending Freeze Gun, when suddenly the tables were turned on her.

Literally as in a desperate move, The Cheeseman threw a table at her! She dodged and threw it back, hitting him dead on. She gasped and ran over, ready to cuff him and lead him to justice.

That's when she noticed The Cheeseman was rather good looking...

The Cheeseman looked up to see a heavenly angel gazing down at him...

No one knows what happened but The Cheeseman is still on the loose...

And Sim City is in need of a new Captain Hero...

Next name Slobb

Edit: Urg, I type too slow apparently

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:02 AM
Hay, what happened to "Holiday"? And then we had "Dugnutt", and now "Slobb"-- I confuse easily.
Doc Dugnutt Holiday is a slob, but his operating techniques were flawless. Doc Holiday is also a drunk, so make sure he can actually stand up before letting him have a knife.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Link Ninja
#7 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 5:27 AM
I don't think it has to go in order, you could pick any surname prompts to write about.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 5:34 AM
Cherry Holiday is a very serious and rude adult female with hair as black as her heart. She hates every celebration, even birthdays, and prefers to stay inside next to her fireplace with her dog. She hates her own last name, and thus doesn't want to ever bear any children who might continue it.

Last Name: Caketopper

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:30 PM
Walter Voltroboy is an eccentric man who is obsessed with technology. He works building and selling various small electronics. At night he likes to disguise himself and go around town shocking people.He is excitable and hopes to build a human like robot some day.

Next surname: Rosarypea
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:00 PM
Rosa deRosa Rosarypea is a young lady who likes to write poetry.
She travels around extensively, but always by land and never by sea.
Because under the water, whither blue or green,
Are horrible monsters best never seen.
Poor Rosa deRosa Rosarypea was frightened by a lobster when she was Three.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 12:37 AM
Simon Slobb is a very Sloppy sim; also his wife Sally Slobb. they frequently make a big mess in their small suburban apartment.

Pacman Pinkachu is a sim that plays computer games and has Playful children named Patrick and Patricia who frequently play in the nearby playground.

new surnames::
Burning
Drowning
Theorist
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 1:15 AM
Sheez Drowning has a phobia and refuses to go near any large bodies of water. Her parents, Ceeme and Eyhm, share her fear and as such none of them have ever learned to swim.

Toadstool
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 8:48 AM
Ardent Burning is a very serious, very outgoing Sim in the politics career track. Lost causes are her passion and if there is a demonstration somewhere in Sim City she will be there, demonstrating or counter-demonstrating. She has bright red hair and can easily be seen in the heart of the crowd.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 9:27 AM
Petunia Toadstool is the President of the Garden Club and lives in 1 Petunia Lane where she grows prize petunias for every garden show. She will soon marry Rob Burning, the local firefighter chief, who is secretly a pyrokinetic.

Next surname: Redd
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Next name: Dugnutt

I actually do have a sim called Bobson Dugnutt in my hood.
Theorist
#18 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:31 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 26th Dec 2017 at 11:22 PM.
Rhonda Redd recently read about a weird red rectangular room in Rome from a really old reference book.

Name: Basket
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 1:24 AM
Letitia Basket is a young widowed mother of triplets who have recently started elementary school. Lately when working in her garden she's noticed how she's caught the eye of a pretty, shy lady from across the street. Might she go over and say hello, and could this potential friendship blossom into something more?

Next name: Fleufernutter

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)