Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:17 PM Last edited by CoolCandy3001 : 28th Feb 2015 at 1:39 PM. Reason: SOLVED
Default *SOLVED* Help Pls; CAS & Custom Traits: Too many custom traits?
Hi, I have so many custom traits installed (I loved custimization and making sims different) to a point the box appears off screen and I can't see them all on CAS? Is there anyway to change the box so I can see all of the traits?

The image labelled A, is when I am clicking back onto my sim, and the CAS traits box is zooming out and disapearing it shows Shy, Slob & Snob. But the other image is how it normally is, when I am selecting the traits, Shy, Slob & Snob are off screen. I would love to know if there is a fix, or anyway to fix this? Maybe by making the box smaller? I love having lots of options ^_^" and if you're wondering it's like this on two other slides of traits, not just the Boat one.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums...zps8j6izbpg.png - Just in case the image doens't automatically work, I'm not used to posting on forums.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:00 PM
Someone's already been asking about this in WCIF, looking for a slider for the box, sadly no one has a fix for it yet other than assigning the traits to different categories that aren't so full yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Someone's already been asking about this in WCIF, looking for a slider for the box, sadly no one has a fix for it yet other than assigning the traits to different categories that aren't so full yet.

Thanks!! But uh.. How do you do that??
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:14 PM
Maybe it would help if you change the scale of the user interface a bit? That would not be a long-term fix, and I also don't know whether it will actually make more traits fit into that box, just so you know you can change the scale overall.

To do so you need to open the file "Options.ini" in your TS4 folder in Documents, and change the number in the "uiscale" line. Lower numbers = Bigger interface (dunno what the default is, I guess 100? I currently have it on 75 since I have a high resolution screen where the default is super tiny, so 75 enlarges it quite a bit .. if you want it to be just a little bit smaller, try something like 110 I would say).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Maybe it would help if you change the scale of the user interface a bit? That would not be a long-term fix, and I also don't know whether it will actually make more traits fit into that box, just so you know you can change the scale overall.

To do so you need to open the file "Options.ini" in your TS4 folder in Documents, and change the number in the "uiscale" line. Lower numbers = Bigger interface (dunno what the default is, I guess 100? I currently have it on 75 since I have a high resolution screen where the default is super tiny, so 75 enlarges it quite a bit .. if you want it to be just a little bit smaller, try something like 110 I would say).

Worked perfectly, all traits show and it's only decreased a small bit to a point it doesn't really bug me, thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:42 PM
Good to know, thanks for the feedback! =) I couldn't have tested it myself since I don't have any custom traits installed ..

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 4:39 PM
I just thought I'd add that changing the UIScale causes problems with photography in GTW, so if you use the UIScale to fix this issue, it causes problems in later game versions.
Also, TS4 has scrollers there now - yay