Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2901 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:57 PM
My game? Well, I'm redownloading after messing up my game by unsuccessfully attempting to move it to my external hard drive...and my god, it's taking so long! It definitely is downloading at least, which is a relief. I backed up all my terrains, CC and mods beforehand, so all should be fine. I'll give it a while to download.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2902 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:12 PM
i'm about to play old town,any ideas for what i could do?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#2903 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:56 AM
So I've been playtesting Lamare's mod for keeping pets at University by moving Eugene Newson's cat Mittens in with him and his fiancee Alta Mira Starchild. Tonight Alta Mira asked Eugene on a date, which went straight to romantic wants, so they're standing in the hallway canoodling, when suddenly Mittens starts meowing and queue-stomping them to hug her and toss her in the air. They managed to make it to bed in spite of her (she has been known to sleep on Alta Mira's side of the bed so she can't get in with Eugene), and afterwards are downstairs in the kitchen, starting to get up another head of steam after washing the dishes, when Mittens comes in again and starts disrupting their attempts to interact. The kitchen is small, and there simply isn't room for two people and a cat determined to preserve her ownership rights in her hoomin.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2904 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:05 AM
That it is working, that I don't see any missing CC and it looks rather like somebody has given it a bath, it looks brighter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2905 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
I'm in Veronaville in my current Megahood rotation and I'm starting to actually like them (for some reason Veronaville is my least favourite neighbourhood). The Monty teens graduated and moved back into the Monty farm with Antonio (Benedick and Beatrice just started college). Jacob Martin, Mercutio's fiancé moved in with them, but neither of them has any plans to get married. Mercutio bought a couple of dogs and is going to breed them, the first puppies will be born next season. Sadly, on his second day back home Romeo tried to cook for the family and died in a fire. It was really weird, he was the only thing that caught on fire and died really quickly. Merc plead for his life but lost. He joined the Paranormal career afterwards in the hopes of resurrecting his brother. I'm not sure that will happen though. Romeo had a lot of best friends and some flings, but his death didn't actually throw a wrench in any of my plans, so I might just let him rest in peace
Mad Poster
#2906 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:25 PM Last edited by FranH : 21st Feb 2018 at 1:17 PM.
Me? I've placed my very old (2008) copy of the 3 merged NH's back in, and have been getting reacquainted with the various families. I had aged up all the teens and broke up some families, so it's going to be interesting to see how it'll work now that I've got such a loaded folder full of new and improved hacks.

Edit-then I looked at the neighborhood and found it was completely intact from when I first put all those families in-the teens are still teens, the houses are the ones I used and they're still fairly decent, even if I had no idea how to furnish them well.

In fact, I'm impressed that there are some houses that I'm probably going to use again because they withstood 10 years of neglect. They're better than I remembered them to be, (except for that tiny house the Grunt family lives in.)

Ok, so I got rid of the Tricou family (the teens survived), aged down back to teen Angela & Lillith Pleasant, Dirk Dreamer & Dustin Broke again. It's all for the neighborhood!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#2907 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:43 AM
Dear Tosha, I know that your first child died and your second is still missing under the foundation, but please accept that you're not pregnant. I understand that you're grieving... Okay, you're not - you've barely thought about the kids anyway. Now, stand up straight and watch your posture. I'm telling you, you'll break your back woohooing in that position! Fine, ignore me.

Such is the power of Down On Your Luck Hostel, forcing false pregnancies onto its residents now.

(I've tried everything, and I think that she'll most likely lose the stuck pregnancy walk if I move her out and back in, but it works for story purposes. Hmm...)
Mad Poster
#2908 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:41 PM
You know the problem with the Fuglys? It's that Dawn and Toby won't die. Oh, Toby died in a tragic fire all right, but his son ran right out and resurrected him.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2909 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:58 PM
Maddox Rutherford had his first kiss with Brea Weir... Even though she's a lesbian. But the male to female ratio in my game is so off, I think I'm just going to give her a married-but-secretly-a-lesbian storyline. Ah well. Either way it's kinda cute that their parents use to be roomies and best friends.

Georgia Newson and Aldric Davis moved in together now that they're married, their daughter Ginny Davis (whom has been living with Georgia's older sister Ginger and her family) moved in too. Almric gave them the house, moving to a much larger one with his wife Sam and their twins Thomas and Theta over in the other side of Desiderata Valley.

Ty Bubbler and wife Etsu (Cho) are trying to be the best parents they can be to their adopted son Bud Starchild, who just became a child last rotation. His parents put him up for adoption as triplets and two sets of twins was a bit of a nightmare for a family who can't even afford a bed. The couple are hoping for a child of their own soon. Both have the wants but neither have done anything about it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#2910 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 21st Aug 2023 at 1:24 AM.
I took a break and decided to build a house based off of a house plan I saw of a model home. Of course once I start, I don't ever stop.
Lab Assistant
#2911 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:16 AM
I started to play Strangetown again. I'm including my Simself. She's currently at La Fiesta Tech, living with Stella Terrano and her boyfriend. He was one of the dormies. I haven't had as much free time recently, but I've played Ajay Loner and the Grunt family in rotation. Ajay is currently dating Bella Goth. The only significant things that happened in the Grunt household were Tank and Buck growing up. The Singles household received makeovers and is next in rotation. I might kill off Loki Beaker since every time I play Strangetown, all he does is go around picking fights and stealing newspapers. I haven't decided yet.
Field Researcher
#2912 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:25 AM
I'm playing & testing mods in an older hood, while setting up a new hood. Decided to build a few replacement comm lots so they'd fit the new hood (and my other comm lots) better. The new hood led to making a few new terrains (wanted it just right). Realized it was time to retire my old 'huge' & 'huge mess' build hood, which led to making yet another new terrain that would work much better for the new build hood.
Instructor
#2913 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:26 PM
Sooo! All of my elder Sims passed away (most of them happily) and it was funny that the last two were Nina and Dina. Dina was a widow for a while, since her husband Jackson died of old age some time ago; Don, on the other hand, died just few days before Nina. Since both of the sisters were living with their respective teen daughters, I thought it would be nice for them to spend their last days together. Some days later, Adrienne and Spencer moved to LFT and the Caliente sisters passed away with the platinum aspiration. Now, their gravestones are in Green Gothier Lawns with their beloved husbands.

Meanwhile, Mona Caliente, Rosa De Rossi, Carmela De Rossi, James Burb and Michael Burb completed their Senior year and moved back to Pleasantview. Jackson Langerak left his mother to move to LFT too, but Kaylynn is not holding on very well after the death of her fianceé, Darren Dreamer.
Mad Poster
#2914 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:42 PM
I'm not holding out much hope for the Labor family. The Labors and the Wades refugeed together. Annabel and Destry won the baby lottery so she was already pregnant when the next one was held. Their household won again. Since Annabel was already busy, the honors went to Azarias Labor. Gallo August (one of my favs) was brought in, fresh from her failure at uni, to be his bride.

Suddenly everyone is sick, except Destry. So, half the family is pregnant and sick and the other almost half is just sick. No one's going to work, so the money just stops coming in. They don't have a stove so no one can make the soup. Then both sick women give birth on the same day. Naturally, Annabel has triplets.

So, here's where we stand. Four infants, three sick adults, no money coming in, not enough money for taxes and tax season rapidly approaching.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2915 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
Perhaps, smorbie1, there is some treasure to find somewhere. Or else, how about a revolution?
Instructor
#2916 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:56 PM
Currently, I'm creating attributes for the immigrants that will be moving into my custom hood, Elgin. It's so fun setting up the number of sims in a family, aspirations, names, and ages using a random number generator.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#2917 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:37 PM
Life is trying to settle a little in the Broke household since Dustin found out he is not only a father but also a grandpa, at the young age of 34.
Bea is still a little weirded out by her surroundings, but Dustin encouraged her to get out a little more, so she went on a date with her best friend Tedd and they had a great time. They even got engaged. This rotation Tedd will be going to uni, and thanks to the years Bea spent reading and dancing as her only entertainment - she's got four scholarships so she'll be following soon.

Dustin is trying to be a good grandpa, but with what he thought was his first child on the way, he's not really got any experience at all, other than helping care for his brothers. He managed to potty train Wyatt though, just before he became a child. Tedd also interacted with Wyatt a bit.

Sandra is busy with her pregnancy. She's not really sure what roll she plays in the family though. She's tried to step up and be a mothering figure to Wyatt, but she doesn't want to step on Bea's toes. At the moment she's just trying to befriend Bea.

This whole family thing is confusing for everyone involved!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#2918 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:05 PM
The family tree in Veronaville is getting very confusing, thanks to Titania and Oberon Summerdream's open relationship. Together they have their adopted kids Puck and Bottom, and also twins Peaseblossom and Mustardseed. Titania's relationship with Bianca Monty created twins Viola and Sebastian Monty. Titania also has a relationship with Antonio Monty, and recently gave birth to twin girls Cobweb and Moth Summerdream. Kent Capp also had twins with Oberon, named Caius and Hermione Capp. Apparently the Summerdreams can only create twins!

Mari | 26 | She/Her | Australian
Lab Assistant
#2919 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:26 AM
Not much happened in the Singles household. Erin's LTW is to become the General. On her 3rd day of work, she brought home General Buzz. I was hoping it would've been Tank since I think they would make a nice couple. Each of them has been promoted twice already.

After mysteriously acquiring a Cowplant (cough Boolprop cough), Loki Beaker appeared to be eaten by it. Circe didn't even seem to notice due to their home being invested with cockroaches. Nervous Subject will most likely be moving in with the Curious household, as he and Pascal are currently in a relationship. Circe has been chatting with Vidcund on the phone. They have one chemistry bolt so I could end up pairing them together.
Lab Assistant
#2920 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:02 PM
Well, I'm starting a new hood because I am not good at perseverance apparently. I swear I have at least a hundred neighbourhoods because I am so bad at sticking to them.

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Scholar
#2921 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:33 PM
i really want to make an uberhood where every sim is gay but i feel really ill right now so i might not be able to.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#2922 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:42 PM
Played the Curious family. Vidcund got abducted, which I always have happen. Pascal gave birth to a baby girl named Venus. Nervous moved in. He and Pascal didn't wait to get married. Vidcund gave birth to twins. A boy named Phoenix and a girl named Ariel. I use a mod to have a shorter life span (or otherwise I won't get through a hood) so Venus is now a child and the twins are toddles. Vidcund and Circe are now a couple. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with Lazlo.

I realized how close Johnny and Ophelia were to adulthood so I sent them to college. For now they will stay together, but I'm unsure if they'll get married.

In the Smith household, I wanted Jenny to be able to have more children so I cheated to get Elixir of Life. (I cheat to keep things interesting) They also had twins. (Lots of twins so far. I hope this stops. I don't like having more than 1 toddler on a lot) A boy named Jensen and a girl named Jodie. Jill is now a teenager. Her aspiration is Popularity. Her best friend is Buck Grunt. Pollination Tech has picked up toy making to make money.

Olive had managed to become best friends with Nervous, happy to know her long lost son was now married and away from the Beakers. She passed away, leaving her inheritance to Nervous, despite being friends with Ophelia.
Top Secret Researcher
#2923 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
Today I've retrieved all the missing tombstones of my game. I don't have a lots of mod in my vanilla version, so I'm aware some thing get messy every now and then... But after moving about 20 urns to the Gothier Green Lawns I didn't understand why there were only 3 in there. I've found two of them in the House of Fallen Trees (although nobody has ever lived in there and you can't normaly send graves to residential lots) but then I realized that with the BoolProp cheat and the Batbox it was easy to recover them. At the end, the only one still missing was Michael Bachelor's, but I found out it's character data was corrupted (again).
So, after replacing it, I've got all of them back to the graveyard.

Ooh, I have missing gravestones too. How did you get them back with the batbox? (And where is the batbox in game? - I can never find it)
Mad Poster
#2924 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Ooh, I have missing gravestones too. How did you get them back with the batbox? (And where is the batbox in game? - I can never find it)

Would this help you?
http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/26093.html

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#2925 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:36 PM
Played Johnny and Ophelia through their first two years of college. Nothing particularly interesting happened.

My Simself now is now engaged to a dormie named Trevor Rogers. She and Stella both graduated from college. They will be moving to Strangetown. Trevor is only a sophomore.

Ajay Loner and Bella Goth are now married upon learning she was pregnant. She took his last name. Bella gave birth to twin girls named April and Gina. (3rd set of twins so far. This is getting out of hand)
Page 117 of 349