Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 8:49 AM
shrimod, yeah I removed the super speedy skill books, I removed all hacks so now my game is vanilla. They do skill now, though I got him to upgrade a shower, he got to 80% and was really tired so I thought he should sleep and finished it next day. When he started again, it took the upgrade back to 0 and he had to start all over.

Sookielee. You are having the same issue as me. Problem is, it will be ok for a bit then it does it again. It's very puzzling. I suspected the patches too, I hadn't patched the game for ages because of problems with them. Before my install I patched and now this.

I'm now putting this on my sons pc and patching before I install WA to see if the same thing happens, he has a 9500 nVidia card. If all is well, I'll install WA and see what the result is on his pc
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 9:15 AM
fluttereyes, I am occasionally having this issue like you, but I do not have WA.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 10:30 AM
Sookielee, what graphics card and processor do you have?

I just tried this in my sons pc. I ran the game at each step to see if it still worked and it did. No lagging for him and it's not a state of the art pc.

He has an amd processor and an nVidia 9500 graphics card

I have an intel dual core processor and an nVidia 7600 graphics card.

He's fully patched and no problems. I ran the patches before installing WA and no problems. There has to be something we have in common that could be causing this issue.
shiny!
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 12:30 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 25th Nov 2009 at 5:56 PM. Reason: added note to explain quantum displacement
Quote:
There are *a lot* of people having the lag after WA + CC issue. There are people who have several thousand dollar top of the line gaming rigs that are having this problem. There does not appear to be -any- connection to specs based on what we've seen.

..If you're looking for help getting your game to run without lag I can help with that. It's the lag with cc we don't have figured out.

If people are looking for help getting their game to work this is not the correct forum. the correct forum can be found by reading the rules.

[ETA by mangaroo: moved to Game Help from Discussion. Now you're in the right place.]
Page 2 of 2