Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Nymiasan : 18th Apr 2014 at 10:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game rejects CC? tried everything!
Hello,

I've been batling with this problem for a looong time. My game does not start with cc. any cc. Only if I remove EVERYTHING it starts. I've done a bunch of tests, it's really wiered, I'll try to explain the best I can.

I removed everything and installed my normal packages even with some mods, the game ran and even the pop up sayng i have mods appeard, tried to install a bunch of random packs and it ran, istalled a few more It stopped running. Removed them. Still would not start. Removed all the mods, nothing, removed all the packs, nothing, removel all the packages, it worked again. Installed packages again, did not run. Removed them and installed only packs (different from before and the same) did not run. Gave up and tried to install only store content, also does not run. I really like custom content so i'm basicly on the verge of stop playing.

I have a lot of expansions installed but I never had problems than suddenly one day it wouldn't start (I think it was after an update?) Yes, I tried uninstalling everything a re instaling, e even changed my disk to an SSD meanwhile and repeated the instalation, still the same (I did make a copy of my data and kept it in the new disk though). I really don't know what to do anymore. I think after re starting the computer it lets me install a few packages and packs but than it just stops starting and i don't know why. Basicly when I launch the game it stays on the loading screen forever (black screen with loading circle) I left it for more than an hour once just to see what happened and noting. I had a ton of CC and my computer did fine I really don't know whats going on.

I also deleted the folder, deleted the missingdeps.idx file, cleared chache, and anything else I could find ^^'' (btw when the problem started the only way I could get the game to run again was to delete the hole folder in my documents)

Any sugestions?

Thank you!

Nymia
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 6:05 PM Last edited by mikey : 21st Apr 2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4368308, 4369014
Which games do you have currently installed? What is your current patch level? Is your game installation in the default location or custom? Games are on disc or digital download?

You've tried reading the following guides?
Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Fileswiki
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Old Way to New Waywiki