Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:22 AM
Default Update??
Man, this subject is getting old. -_- I just wrecked my game updating, and SURPRISE it asks me to update again. I don't see anything differnt from the last update, and I can see certain things ticking me off like no babies born to single parents... How can I be evil then? STILL why is it asking me to update, when I just updated? Should or shouldn't I?

1.4.6.00107 is the update.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:41 AM
Lets play a game: Identify the building

Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:52 AM
Wait there's another update?! This is the first I've heard. As for the building, I've seen it before. I call it "weird question mark thingy". I wouldnt update if it's giving you this problem, though it doesn't necesarily come with the patch. As for the issue of the system urging you to update, I have no clue why it's doing it.

I wouldn't update but thats just me.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
I can see certain things ticking me off like no babies born to single parents... How can I be evil then?.

It means no babies born to single parents, as in, no babies will randomly spawn from a sim with no mother, or no father. You can still have single parent families. If you already knew that, then sorry

they were all out on the front porch talking:
Hemingway, Faulkner, T.S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, Hamsun,
Wally Stevens, e.e. cummings and a few others.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:14 AM
Not randomly spawn meaning I can purposly pollinate every sim that ventures on my lawn still... ... Still I mean... It's the same laundry list as last update. I don't know what to make of it.

Scholar
#6 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 3:13 PM
I have no core mods, and only have the 1.2.7 patch and got that for the first time last night. All I installed were some Rose hair and some shoes. Game was perfect before that.

When I used the eyedropper and clicked on the question marks the tiles were base game and still there. Inh the first pic the whole garage is the same, yet only some of the tiles came up ???.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:10 PM Last edited by stygia2002 : 11th Aug 2009 at 4:36 PM.
I'm wondering if EA is doing something that conflicts with *any* non-EA CC, not just mod. Nobody could be this incompetent by accident, especially when you consider that these are people who are supposed to know what they're doing. It does seem that they're deliberately making this game difficult to create for.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:26 PM
It's the art gallery!

Oh, oh... It wasn't a real game...

What is it exactly that disgusts me about you? Don't worry about it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:48 PM Last edited by callistra : 13th Aug 2009 at 12:54 AM. Reason: combining posts
ROFLH ::puts a gold sticker on Mongoska a gold sticker:: YAY!

I non ROFLH I wouldn't mind having those tiles of as a normal decoration I loved how the art gallery looked.

PS: Because my computer won't let me edit >> << >> Yes, they are making it difficult. Now all men are anorexic, and all females are fat... .. -_- god I just want to kill this game right now.

Scholar
#10 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:01 PM
Maybe what the community needs to do is lay it on the line with EA and *everyone* make it clear that if they don't pull their heads out of their asses and get it right, we're uninstalling our game and not spending any more money on their non-functioning POS software and we're going back to TS2. If people do that en masse, maybe they'll get the message. But that most likely won't happen. Well, if they screw up the game with their patches bad enough, they'll get the message when their EP sales are in the toilet...who's going to spend $40 for an EP to a game that we can't play? BTW, I haven't had any of the issues people are talking about yet, but that doesn't mean that when I'm playing more I won't have them. And if my game becomes messed up, I won't see any point in buying an EP I can't play (which makes me totally sad because I want WA).

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:07 PM
Sadly I spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week playing sims (work) so I begin to notice flaws especially when sims start blowing up like balloons or wallking around like stick figures. Add to that I am obsessive compulsive and I notice when something is out of the norm... So much bad luck when that happens.

Scholar
#12 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:18 PM
That completely sucks...I really love my Sims games (all of them) and had my first big problem after I installed Sims 2 on my new computer. I had never had a game just crash before. On my old computer after I installed Freetime, it just simply would sit at the loading screen and freeze. But that was because my computer wasn't up to specs for all of the EPs and CC I had. The fact that you're having the issues you have is ridiculous IMHO. Making sure the games they produce are playable is EA's job and it's frustrating to pay the amount of money they're charging only to wind up with an unplayable game. If I start having problems like that, Sims 3 will be the end of the line for me.

Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:40 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 11th Aug 2009 at 9:00 PM. Reason: merging multipost
My whole game crashed, my saves are not talking to my game so it gives me the general start up screen. My back up file is not working -_-(). Dear god someone hates me today. I did't even package up my half grimmies ::sobs::

And great my file didn't back up, I now have a usless game code and no game to run...

Sorry for the third time, the direct2drive account isn't working, and it isn't my account to manage. I have the game register code, does anyone know where I can DL the game again. My dumb back up program only backed up the short cut.. joy

Alchemist
#14 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 8:56 PM
This is why I buy disks and will continue to do so
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:21 PM
As an optimist, I am 100% certain that they will fix EVERYTHING with patch 1.5.

So just chill a while.

Scholar
#16 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mongoska
As an optimist, I am 100% certain that they will fix EVERYTHING with patch 1.5.

So just chill a while.

HAHAHAHAHAHA......

Sorry, couldn't help it. The question is what ELSE will they break? Stupid EA.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:18 PM
ROFLH well I managed to fix my game, with some glitches. There was uncorrupted file that managed to reset the game. But in the next patch?? OMG I do not think I can pull another revive like I did.

Scholar
#18 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:24 PM
So did you install any CC? I'm still trying to figure out why I got the rainbow tiles and hate to reinstall for the 4th time.

I didn't not install the 1.3 or 1.4 patch. Just Rose donation hair and some shoes at GOS. I still have the rainbows after removing my mods folder. And did you get your families back?

Glad you got it all sorted out. Sounds like you were having a bad day. *hugs*

Instructor
#19 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:27 PM
I have been lucky *knock on wood* that I have not had many of the problems a lot of people seem to be having. The only one that consistently affect me is the random crashes and the both patches have helped some with this. I do know that I need to get more memory for my pc to help stop the ones I continue to have.

I can't help but wonder if EA is purposefully doing something with their patches that affects games that have cc.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Man, this subject is getting old. -_- I just wrecked my game updating, and SURPRISE it asks me to update again. I don't see anything differnt from the last update, and I can see certain things ticking me off like no babies born to single parents... How can I be evil then? STILL why is it asking me to update, when I just updated? Should or shouldn't I?

1.4.6.00107 is the update.

Supposedly the last patch broke something and they came up with this patch. But what I've noticed is this patch seems to break the censorship patch. I dutifully moved the Shaders_Win32.precomp that removes the mosaic blocks out (I kept the old renamed as Shaders_Win32.precompold) ran the update. Put the modified Shaders back. Played my game and damn if the blasted mosaic blocks are back when they bathe or go to the bathroom. ARGH!
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:01 AM
I can't get any sim that I play to give birth. >> << >> ::bangs head on computer:: I-JUST-RE-INSTALLED-THE-F>€K!NG-GAME- Why can't I have babies

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:19 AM
You'll see! You'll ALL SEE! *choke*

Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babaca
I dutifully moved the Shaders_Win32.precomp that removes the mosaic blocks out (I kept the old renamed as Shaders_Win32.precompold) ran the update. Put the modified Shaders back. Played my game and damn if the blasted mosaic blocks are back when they bathe or go to the bathroom. ARGH!

Put the original precomp file back in place and use Rick's No Mosaic instead, it's a .package file like other mods. You find it here at MTS in the Downloads/GameMods. (I think it's in game mods anyway.)

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Retired
retired moderator
#24 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:38 PM
It isn't just those with CC. I purged all CC from my comp, did a manual uninstalled. Reinstalled clean and fresh, and then used the patches.

It was still a disaster. My toddlers can't even find their toyboxes with a clear path from the other side of a room.

Fail.

I'd love to buy the EP, but it's clear my money would be wasted on it. I'm sick and friggin tired of EA releasing unfinished games. This was my last EA purchase, and I'm surprisingly sad about that fact.
Instructor
#25 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 6:22 PM
Y'all have officially made me afraid of starting up my game today.

*Hides from update*

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Locked thread | Locked by: callistra Reason: refer to patch sticky
Page 1 of 2