Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Seasons, Into the Future
Default Launcher SUDDENLY will not fully quit, must be force quit
Game starts fine, runs fine, closes MOSTLY properly..as in, it saves my neighborhoods correctly. But since yesterday launcher now will not fully quit (activity monitor says Sims 3 Into The Future not responding) and I have to force quit the application in order to restart the launcher to play later on. Upon restarting the launcher all goes normally, game is fine, but its the shut down that does not fully happen now. Running on a MAC, BTW.

Nothing changed on my computer, no downloads, no updates to anything, cleaned caches as per usual, got rid of temp files and still this annoying issue. Nothing else running in background etc. Everything exactly the same as has been running for the past few YEARS with no trouble.

Any ideas on why this would suddenly out of the blue show up and is there any long term problem with having to force quit the launcher all the time? Assuming this is the new state of things if no fix.

Curious if anyone else having this issue and if there is anything to be done.

Thanks for reading.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 11:29 AM
I've played sims 3 in both windows, dvd version a while ago, and now I play in mac, downloaded version, and whenever I did 'save and quit' it saved the game but froze while closing it in both versions. A few days ago I tried saving, and then closing to menu, and then quit, and it works fine. Why? No idea....