Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 1:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
.PACKAGE Content Probs
I tried to surf and find other posts related to my problem. I found that their problems were same, but their solutions were different. Hence, they didn't work for me.
I do not know what I'm doing wrong, nor am I experienced with this advanced stuff.

To save everyone the time, I will give all the details that I can, right now.

Game: The Sims 3
Expansion Packs: Ambitions, World Adventures, Late Night
Resource.cfg:
Quote:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

A little more detail
Well, I have had a lot of success installing .sims3pack files, which are easy to install as I just have to click on them.
But these package files, they're some serious patience testers. I downloaded the Framework.zip from the help section of this website, and did paste it in the correct directory.
In the 'Packages' folder, there is a NoIntro.package which works. I tried deleting the caches, but that didn't let any other package mods work. The only package mod that works is the NoIntro.package

Does anyone need any screenshots?
I hope I get replies ASAP! Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and is trying to find the solution to this problem.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 7:35 PM
A screenshot should be very helpful. Also, which cache files specifically did you delete?
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 3:47 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. My sims3pack file is working but my Packages aren't working no matter what i do. Help!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:30 AM
Can we assume that you are putting your custom content .package files in the "Mods" folder as well? Also, go into your game and make sure the option to use custom content is checked. I've discovered in the past that it make take starting the game a few times after this is checked before you actually start seeing custom content!

A program you might want to think about once you start downloading custom content is "Dashboard" from Delphy. It will list your CC and tell you if you have duplicates or Sims 2 stuff accidentally installed. You can even pull up the cache info and click a button to delete it. That might help to make sure you don't accidentally delete something you shouldn't!

Let us know if this helps your problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
A screenshot should be very helpful. Also, which cache files specifically did you delete?

Well, the cache files that I deleted were:
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • CASPartCache.package

The directory of the caches was 'C:\Users\SimStruckLlama\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' and I am pretty sure that I haven't made any mistakes right there.

Screenshot of the 'Mods' folder:

Anything else that you might need?

Quote: Originally posted by iiObliviate
I'm having the exact same problem. My sims3pack file is working but my Packages aren't working no matter what i do. Help!

I hope we find a common solution right here.

Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
Can we assume that you are putting your custom content .package files in the "Mods" folder as well? Also, go into your game and make sure the option to use custom content is checked. I've discovered in the past that it make take starting the game a few times after this is checked before you actually start seeing custom content!

A program you might want to think about once you start downloading custom content is "Dashboard" from Delphy. It will list your CC and tell you if you have duplicates or Sims 2 stuff accidentally installed. You can even pull up the cache info and click a button to delete it. That might help to make sure you don't accidentally delete something you shouldn't!

Let us know if this helps your problem.

Yup. I put all .package files in the 'Mods' folder. The .sims3pack mods are working really well, and I have already checked the 'Use Custom Content' checkbox. I didn't need to check it myself though, it was already checked. I tried unchecking and checking it, to see if it does a sort of mod refresh or something. Sadly, it does not.
I have had Sims 2, but never installed it on my new PC. I never installed any mods in Sims 2, and possess no Sims 2 or any of its mods as of now. I will try the Dashboard from Delphy, although I'm pretty sure that I do not have any duplicates or Sims 2 stuff accidentally installed.
Instructor
#6 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:11 PM
Thank you for the additional info! The cache files you listed are the 5 that are commonly deleted.

I'm not sure if there is a solution for you within this linked thread, it includes screenshots of the mods/cc setup I use with Windows. Is your setup similar, the same, or different?

http://sims3.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=554517
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:32 PM
Are you patched to the last version? Even if the launcher says you are, it often helps to patch using the superpatch.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...more/td-p/67858

As to the above mention, just to avoid any misunderstandings, the mods go in the Packages folder IN the Mods folder, not in the Mods folder directly.

If that "More traits mod" is this one:

http://modthesims.info/d/410544

It doesn't seem to work without Master Controller its cheat module. Check its thread for instructions.

The ccmerged package goes into: DCBackup

Here is a tutorial for the store fixes:
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...-content-items/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 10:16 PM
Some of the .package based contents we see in that screenshot suggest that the OP is using a hack that wouldn't be supported here to make their game run. I could be mistaken of course, but it's the only context under which I've seen those particular files in Mods/Packages.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 12:19 PM Last edited by SimStruckLlama : 9th Sep 2015 at 12:35 PM.
Thank you for the additional info! The cache files you listed are the 5 that are commonly deleted.

I'm not sure if there is a solution for you within this linked thread, it includes screenshots of the mods/cc setup I use with Windows. Is your setup similar, the same, or different?

http://sims3.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=554517

I can't un-install the game. It's a waste of time un-installing the entire thing, then installing the game, then the expansion packs, then applying updates and install .sims3pack mods that I have already installed all over again.
As for the thread, that user had their game patched, and it worked clearly only cuz the version of his game was pretty old. I have patched the game already, many times. I don't see the point in doing that again.
The Framework setup is similar, I guess. I mean, I saw screenshots in which I saw that there are .package files within folders inside the packages folder. That makes everything far more complicated. Anyways, I will most definitely try that out.

Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Are you patched to the last version? Even if the launcher says you are, it often helps to patch using the superpatch.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...more/td-p/67858

As to the above mention, just to avoid any misunderstandings, the mods go in the Packages folder IN the Mods folder, not in the Mods folder directly.

If that "More traits mod" is this one:

http://modthesims.info/d/410544

It doesn't seem to work without Master Controller its cheat module. Check its thread for instructions.

The ccmerged package goes into: DCBackup

Here is a tutorial for the store fixes:
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...-content-items/

I know that I'm not patched to the latest version, but I have patched my game many times, so I'm sure it's not out-of-date.
Version: 1.67.2.024001

The link you have given is of a different mod, probably. I saw that it's an update of the mod you posted, and it does require Mastercontroller and all. But that's not the point. There are other .PACKAGE mods which don't need Mastercontroller or anything, but they still ain't workin'. Click here to visit the page from where I downloaded the mod.

Apparently, I have two ccmerged.package files. One is in the Mods folder, and one is in the DCBackup folder. The one in the mods folder is larger. They share different properties, so I decided not to replace one with the other as they may have different functions, yet the same name.

I'll check out the tutorial link. Thanks a lot mate.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Some of the .package based contents we see in that screenshot suggest that the OP is using a hack that wouldn't be supported here to make their game run. I could be mistaken of course, but it's the only context under which I've seen those particular files in Mods/Packages.

I didn't understand that at all. What in the world is an OP? What context? This post is not much helpful to a noob like me.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimStruckLlama
I didn't understand that at all. What in the world is an OP? What context? This post is not much helpful to a noob like me.

Sorry to have been so cryptic. OP = Original Poster, which is you. I was questioning the appearance of a couple of files showing in your Packages folder, but I could well have been off base by doing so.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 5:06 AM
I thought these fixes are for broken or decrapified store content? Does that count as piracy? I think I've seen them mentioned a few years back. I don't have much store content so I don't really know. I seem to remember there were somewhere on MATY. Enter there at your own risk.
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 6:11 AM
I don't believe that using a fix for broken store content is considered piracy. Nor should it be assumed that someone who uses the fixes from MATY has downloaded and installed pirated content. I own a lot of the store, maybe 99% of it. And I added the fix to my folder after having some issues with EA created, paid for objects.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 12:46 PM
Sorry to have been so cryptic. OP = Original Poster, which is you. I was questioning the appearance of a couple of files showing in your Packages folder, but I could well have been off base by doing so.

It's clearer now. Thanks for the explanation.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Gotta go with igazor on this one, you have to remove those hack packages first. With those files in there you never know what the heck is going on. Also, I think if Buzzler is here, he'd lock this thread b/c hack packages are considered pirating and not allowed to talk about here.

Quote: Originally posted by SimStruckLlama
there is a NoIntro.package that works

Suggesting your framework is set up correctly. Everything else is most likely conflict issues, again with those hack packages.

I don't know anything about any hack packages. I don't know what am I exactly hacking, I don't know how piracy is even in the picture. I have legally bought The Sims 3 and it's expansion packs from a retail store.
Also, I still see sparkles in the build mode, but the NoIntro.package works just fine. So I'm pretty sure nothing's wrong with my framework. Please elaborate on what you call hack packages.

I thought these fixes are for broken or decrapified store content? Does that count as piracy? I think I've seen them mentioned a few years back. I don't have much store content so I don't really know. I seem to remember there were somewhere on MATY. Enter there at your own risk.

Fixes? I did download the files from Games4TheWorldDownloads, thinking that they could possibly fix my current issue. The .package files are, I guess, considered as files downloaded from The Store (by the game, not by us). So I thought that the store fixes will fix the issue as it's really pretty similar. Apart from that, whatever you said, I've got no clue about it. I don't mean to pirate anything. As you can see, I'm just a noob when it comes to this stuff. Please help me out, as I do not intend to get into any trouble.

I don't believe that using a fix for broken store content is considered piracy. Nor should it be assumed that someone who uses the fixes from MATY has downloaded and installed pirated content. I own a lot of the store, maybe 99% of it. And I added the fix to my folder after having some issues with EA created, paid for objects.

Nothing to say about this one as it went completely over my head.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 3:45 PM Last edited by igazor : 10th Sep 2015 at 4:01 PM.
Since I'm the one who raised the question, I would like to clarify.

I wasn't talking about the decrap files exclusively and I know that tool has legitimate uses. I saw evidence in that screenshot combined with what the poster describes of them having the Ultimate Fix from G4TW or something similar in place or having been duped into purchasing the game from illegitimate sources that arrange things for the player this way. That doesn't mean they were running around being pirates. There are players who install those things in an attempt to solve some issue or other with their legitimately obtained games.

But whatever the motivation, these players then find that their games cannot be patched reliably, if at all, and they can't be modded. In any event, I seriously doubt the Ultimate Hack is supported or even allowed to be discussed at any length here which is why I was kind of dancing around it. It's still not really clear if the poster installed anything from there beyond the store fixes but personally I wouldn't even backtrack to find out.

I was trying to save the poster and everyone willing to help some time and frustration. Not start an argument over decrapping and piracy. My recommendation to SimStruckLlama is that they uninstall TS3 completely, clean their Registry, and start over but without the G4TW stuff.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 6:06 PM
Be that as it may, I would take everything out except for the two mods that came with the framework. If nointro works but not the sparkles one then something must be overriding that one. What is in the XMLs. package anyway? And if I'm not totally misinformed the KT Store fixes are an either-or thing. The Decrap one if you've got your Store content decrapped the other one if you haven't. Decrapping Store stuff is totally unnecessary if you own it as are the regular fixes if you installed them properly as sims3packs. The ccmerged.package is supposed to replace your regular one in DCBackup if that turns out to be broken.

Start with a fresh The Sims 3 folder in Documents first, move the current one to your Desktop and fire up the Launcher and quit it again. This creates a new The Sims 3 folder. Redo the framework following the instructions that came with it and test if nointro and nobuildsparkles works then. If it does reinstall your Store stuff as sims3packs again, starting with any premium content and at best one pack after the other. Test the game and the premium stuff. Maybe you won't need the Store fixes anyway.

Most of the package files you have in there don't have any noticeable effect anyway so there's no real telling whether they "work" or not.

ETA: I checked the contents of the G4TW download. This is where you got the KT fixes, the ccmerged and the XMLs from. You have a problem with your Store stuff? If no, then you don't need any of that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:40 PM
Since I'm the one who raised the question, I would like to clarify.

I wasn't talking about the decrap files exclusively and I know that tool has legitimate uses. I saw evidence in that screenshot combined with what the poster describes of them having the Ultimate Fix from G4TW or something similar in place or having been duped into purchasing the game from illegitimate sources that arrange things for the player this way. That doesn't mean they were running around being pirates. There are players who install those things in an attempt to solve some issue or other with their legitimately obtained games.

But whatever the motivation, these players then find that their games cannot be patched reliably, if at all, and they can't be modded. In any event, I seriously doubt the Ultimate Hack is supported or even allowed to be discussed at any length here which is why I was kind of dancing around it. It's still not really clear if the poster installed anything from there beyond the store fixes but personally I wouldn't even backtrack to find out.

I was trying to save the poster and everyone willing to help some time and frustration. Not start an argument over decrapping and piracy. My recommendation to SimStruckLlama is that they uninstall TS3 completely, clean their Registry, and start over but without the G4TW stuff.

I can't really uninstall the game and start over as the CDs are with my brother, who lives over 10,000 miles away. He installed these on my PC, and cracked the game. I do not know how he did it, but it's a legit crack, and it's only purpose is to let the game run without the CD being inserted. I realize that creating .iso files would've been a better option as those are basically CD images. But then, it's too late. There is nothing that I can do about it. If I uninstall the game now, I will have to wait 12 months to be able to install it again.
I did delete everything except NoIntro.package and NoBuildSparkles.package, so I guess the hacks are deleted. I do not know how to clean the 'Registry'. I don't even know what that is.

Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Be that as it may, I would take everything out except for the two mods that came with the framework. If nointro works but not the sparkles one then something must be overriding that one. What is in the XMLs. package anyway? And if I'm not totally misinformed the KT Store fixes are an either-or thing. The Decrap one if you've got your Store content decrapped the other one if you haven't. Decrapping Store stuff is totally unnecessary if you own it as are the regular fixes if you installed them properly as sims3packs. The ccmerged.package is supposed to replace your regular one in DCBackup if that turns out to be broken.

Start with a fresh The Sims 3 folder in Documents first, move the current one to your Desktop and fire up the Launcher and quit it again. This creates a new The Sims 3 folder. Redo the framework following the instructions that came with it and test if nointro and nobuildsparkles works then. If it does reinstall your Store stuff as sims3packs again, starting with any premium content and at best one pack after the other. Test the game and the premium stuff. Maybe you won't need the Store fixes anyway.

Most of the package files you have in there don't have any noticeable effect anyway so there's no real telling whether they "work" or not.

ETA: I checked the contents of the G4TW download. This is where you got the KT fixes, the ccmerged and the XMLs from. You have a problem with your Store stuff? If no, then you don't need any of that.

Some of the .sims3pack files didn't work after installing them, and instead, just showed a red symbol like a stop sign in the launcher, indicating that the installation failed. That was the reason I thought I needed a store fix.
I have too much content installed at once, and doing the process all over again would mean clicking on 1000s of store items all over again, one-by-one, consuming hours out of my time. I'm pretty sure there's an easier solution.
I don't know if the ccmerged.package in my DCBackup folder is broken, but I have already deleted that one from my Packages folder. I do not know how to determine if the ccmerged.package is broken or not, but even if I do, I can't bring back the deleted file.
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 12:18 AM
I don't get some of your terminology. If your brother installed the game on your PC with legit CDs, why would he/you need to have your game 'cracked?' And IMO, there is no such thing as a legit crack. Using a mod like NRaas NoCD might be considered a hack, I don't know because I don't use the word 'hack' myself.

If any part of your game is cracked, not legit, pirated, stolen, not paid for, etc, it would clear things up if you would make mention of that fact.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 2:59 AM
The NoCD hack ("crack"?) is used so you don't have to insert the CD every time you play. At least that's what the NRAAS mod is for as I understand it. I assume it could be used by people who torrented the game although I don't even know if it would be necessary/used for that. Overall, I only have very little second hand, picked-up-pieces-over-the-years-on-discussion-boards-type-of-knowledge about all this stuff. So I might be completely off-base here.

As I understand it, "cracking" the game is necessary to open/install the game/launcher at all.

So, I'd go with: innocent until proven guilty in this case. Might just be a mix-up in terminology. Someone who doesn't even know what a registry is is probably not savvy enough to figure this cracking stuff out anyway. I mean no offense.

In the end, it's the moderator's decision, not ours.

To the OP, you can't install all that store content in one go, the launcher will just go: Nope, no, not happening, go away.
With all your stuff, you'll just have to go at it slowly in order not to make the launcher explode. AFTER you follow Don's advice and create a new "The Sims 3 folder". So, no there is no easier/faster solution that I know of. You might want to start reinstalling very slowly in small increments.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 4:58 AM
yeahhh don't want to get into topic of legit copy blah blah blah

But those decrap files are known to be unstable, unreliable, and cause glitches. I have helped people in the past with problems that were cause by them. Some of the problems are quite severe, removing certain basic functions in the game or even random game freezes.

Hey what was the problem with these files? They don't show up? I personally love .package files and avoid sims3pack at all cost. Reason? Once a sims3pack is installed, it is basically merged into the game. Sims 3 Launcher only displays an x amount of installed content only, I even have a hard time looking for my store content that I installed. It would be impossible to find and take out a bad CC. And yes, not all CC are created equal. For .package file, I organize them in folders and I can easily take them in and out whenever I need to. I also include screenshot and URL text file in the same folder so I can trace the origin of the CC just in case.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 5:43 PM Last edited by SimStruckLlama : 12th Sep 2015 at 5:56 PM.
I don't get some of your terminology. If your brother installed the game on your PC with legit CDs, why would he/you need to have your game 'cracked?' And IMO, there is no such thing as a legit crack. Using a mod like NRaas NoCD might be considered a hack, I don't know because I don't use the word 'hack' myself.

If any part of your game is cracked, not legit, pirated, stolen, not paid for, etc, it would clear things up if you would make mention of that fact.

I needed it cracked because he would have the CDs, and without inserting a CD, the launcher stops us from directly running the game. Also, he's coming soon, so I'm gonna get .iso files made outta those CDs.

The NoCD hack ("crack"?) is used so you don't have to insert the CD every time you play. At least that's what the NRAAS mod is for as I understand it. I assume it could be used by people who torrented the game although I don't even know if it would be necessary/used for that. Overall, I only have very little second hand, picked-up-pieces-over-the-years-on-discussion-boards-type-of-knowledge about all this stuff. So I might be completely off-base here.

As I understand it, "cracking" the game is necessary to open/install the game/launcher at all.

So, I'd go with: innocent until proven guilty in this case. Might just be a mix-up in terminology. Someone who doesn't even know what a registry is is probably not savvy enough to figure this cracking stuff out anyway. I mean no offense.

In the end, it's the moderator's decision, not ours.

To the OP, you can't install all that store content in one go, the launcher will just go: Nope, no, not happening, go away.
With all your stuff, you'll just have to go at it slowly in order not to make the launcher explode. AFTER you follow Don's advice and create a new "The Sims 3 folder". So, no there is no easier/faster solution that I know of. You might want to start reinstalling very slowly in small increments.

The games have been bought legally, from legitimate sources.
Also, it's all too complicated. I'm gonna need step-by-step guidance. The .package mods are a pain in the llama so far.

yeahhh don't want to get into topic of legit copy blah blah blah

But those decrap files are known to be unstable, unreliable, and cause glitches. I have helped people in the past with problems that were cause by them. Some of the problems are quite severe, removing certain basic functions in the game or even random game freezes.

I have deleted those files already. I didn't see any such problems or glitches so far.

Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Hey what was the problem with these files? They don't show up? I personally love .package files and avoid sims3pack at all cost. Reason? Once a sims3pack is installed, it is basically merged into the game. Sims 3 Launcher only displays an x amount of installed content only, I even have a hard time looking for my store content that I installed. It would be impossible to find and take out a bad CC. And yes, not all CC are created equal. For .package file, I organize them in folders and I can easily take them in and out whenever I need to. I also include screenshot and URL text file in the same folder so I can trace the origin of the CC just in case.

Yup, they don't show up. I prefer .sims3pack over .package files because .sims3pack is relatively easy to install. Plus, according to my requirements, I don't have/need/want to uninstall those mods at all. Rest whatever you said, including CC, bad CC, unequal CC etc. is too complicated for a noob like me to understand. I can't even install .package files. That's seriously complicated stuff. I prefer a one-click install over a complicated framework anytime.
But then, that's your opinion. You're more advanced in the modding field than I am.

Yeah, I don't actually do any of those merging thing. I have very little CC and even mods in comparison to most players. I try to avoid bloating it like I did in TS2. But from the few times I did help someone with those decrap hacks, from what I understand they put in missing script elements from ALL decrap contents in there, including those from items you may not have. So some of those scripts would normally run fine if the item pertaining to it exists, otherwise it causes glitches.

That's what I can remember, it was a long while ago. I think some guy told me the creator of those files only tested them with ALL the store elements, didn't test individually or in combination of only a few. So I have absolutely no idea which is what and what glitches it would cause, it is just a crazy russian roulette.

All I understood was 'blah blah blah' from this. Clearly not my piece of cake.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 7:40 PM
The problem with using sims3packs exclusively and installing them through the launcher is just that: the launcher.
It just doesn't work very well, tends to implode when trying to install too much at one time, doesn't show all of the installed content sometimes and sometimes simply refuses to work or tells you you are not patched when you are. Or vice versa. It's a p-o-s in my not so humble opinion.

Once the framework is set up, package files are easy. However, if your CC is exclusively store content, then decrapifying and extracting that (we could walk you through it) might create more hassle and problems than slowly adding the store content again. I have heard that's what those fixes are partially for but I've also heard that decrapified store content create problems in some places with some things.

The extracting/decrapifying stuff is not something I'm good at, (I only just started figuring out to how to do it with lots) I have very little store content (a few worlds and a few pieces of premium content) that I take out when I don't need it for a particular session.

Just in case you change your mind, this is a nice walkthrough for installing custom content in package format for beginners.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files
Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 10:26 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th Sep 2015 at 10:54 PM.
One thing I don't understand is why any of this was even necessary. If the player purchased the game from any legitimate source and it is registered on the TS3 site, they can install the game through Origin at no extra cost. If they lost their registration codes, a sympathetic EA customer support person might be able to help them. No CDs, iso's, or hacks needed, no mysterious barriers to patching or mods working.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Origin lover. But when EA isn't busy messing around with flawed updates, it works fine. Those of us who purchased the base game prior to Sept 2012 don't even have to see the Origin interface or the Launcher if we choose to bypass them when starting up the game even if we used Origin to install.
Page 1 of 2