Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 9:18 PM
Default how do you guys deal with it?
how do you guys deal with being unpopular?

as for me i didn't deal with it very well.... i won't go into details...
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 10:59 PM
I don't deal well with this too...make me feel sad
I never understand why people always forget me...
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 11:06 PM
I don't have a problem being unpopular in all honesty. I don't want to be popular. I have my 2 good friends and MTS, and that's all I need. (which makes me sound even lamer. )

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 9:41 PM
voiceihear: you are a strong person not to mind being unpopular.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparrow_from_planet_astos
how do you guys deal with being unpopular?

as for me i didn't deal with it very well.... i won't go into details...

I really don't care. I don't want to be populer. Most of the populer people are mean and couse other people to be depressed and unshure of them selves. Thats just mostly the populer people that I personaly know.
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparrow_from_planet_astos
voiceihear: you are a strong person not to mind being unpopular.

haha, thank you. In all honesty, I think it's a lot to do with growing up though, I mean like, part of puberty or something - wanting to be accepted by a particular social group. At some point or another you realise being popular isn't everything.

That's my opinion anyway.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 403880
I really don't care. I don't want to be populer. Most of the populer people are mean and couse other people to be depressed and unshure of them selves. Thats just mostly the populer people that I personaly know.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of agree with you. I don't like some of the popular people around here, some are OK, some aren't. And I really, really don't care about being popular. So yeah... :P

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Theorist
#8 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear
haha, thank you. In all honesty, I think it's a lot to do with growing up though, I mean like, part of puberty or something - wanting to be accepted by a particular social group. At some point or another you realise being popular isn't everything.

That's my opinion anyway.

Of course being popular isn't everything, the problem is not being popular or not...the problem is when you have to go to a place and have to go alone... not have anyone to talk about the things you like...is just sad...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:22 PM
D: *huggles Claudia*

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#10 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:08 PM
Theorist
#11 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 9:27 AM
I have some good friends.
So, I guess I just hang out with them, and it puts my mind off things. I don't mind being alone - it's other people seeing me alone that I don't like.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 9:34 PM
As I get older I care less what think of me and realized that caring too much about what people think of you will just add misery. I am not a social person I would rather just hang out with family than go partying.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 2:08 AM
I don't really mind it. I kind of enjoy being a misanthrope -- it's just my character. However, I like having people to talk with at times and I don't take rejection very well, but I tolerate it. If people don't like you, then they don't like you. Either you prove them wrong with their initial judgment or become a very unpleasant person with your reactions from those circumstances.

Anyways, being popular is too much of a hassle. Really, you have to work on the way you talk, the things you do (like drinking and sex is almost a prerequisite to being called 'cool'), and how sexually appealing you are. It's a shame, really.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:00 PM
I'm a loner anyway. Well kind of. I don't sleep around so maybe that's why I'm not "popular".

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:15 PM
I don't care much, because I like being different. I am quite honest and many people don't appreciate that. I don't like them, they don't like me. I like it that way.

Normal's overrated ~ House MD
I am L, I am justice ~ Lawliet
I foresee... your death! ~ Kakashi
Alchemist
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 6:26 AM
oh how things can change in six months

^ and I agree AnnKarasu

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 7:23 PM
I often try to get into a conversation, only to find that the people are more interested in the "important" people.

Everyone lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:42 AM
I love it. Popularity is something I don't aim for, I aim for happiness, understanding and real friends. Not cliques, poseurs and blind conformists.
And all those people aren't as confident as they seem. Remember that under every prepotency lies impotency.
Being different is fun, and expressing your mind, having friends who actually care is more fun than being in the spotlight. And how is that spotlight gained? By bullying, phony behavior and many other desperately-asking-for-attention acts.
So, why be miserable when you're better anyway?
Banned
#19 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 11:30 PM
I Laughs at MY own jokes, MY stuff, I just accept myself for who I am (Popular though I indeed AM). I love BEING unpopular!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 11:12 PM
I deal with being unpopular by being uber unpopular. I laugh too loudly and I sit with my fellow hipster/emo/goth/scene friends. When I get chosen to answer a question in a class, I reply as snidely as I can. When somebody asks what my favourite band is, I reply "EVERCLEAR!!" and when they ask who that is, I don't fear replying "THE BEST FUCKING 90'S BAND EVER!!" I'm overweight and sometimes that's an inconvenience, but I do have a few friends. Friends like me. Friends who are totally nuts. I don't care that I'm unpopular, though sometimes it would be nice to feel comfortable changing in gym class, and having the guy I'm in love with at least see me as a possibility, and maybe not fear my friends cutting themselves. But it's really not so bad. Usually.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 2:04 AM
I actually have a slight problem with people
it's called
Anthropophobia
I don't like people, I don't like crowds, I HATE being touched.

Honestly though, it is the stride to be yourself that will really win yourself an attitude of content, plus it doesn't hurt to learn kung fu for anyone that does touch you! Haha

But I haven't been in highschool or primary school in a ...lets say a while.... to know what it is like now... But I have read CRAZY articles about kids beating up other kids.

I know it's actually really hard to find yourself in a crowd of people and fads, cliques and unnecessary bitterness of the world.
But what I did, is I volunteered at the Red Cross, you should volunteer your time somewhere, and truly you will find wisdom and clarity.

The Sims 3 Real Estate & Creations
A website to show off talented creators in the Sims 3!
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 8:17 AM Last edited by Only : 14th Jun 2013 at 8:33 AM.
I'm unpopular because... I don't know. Nobody ever notices me. Right now its probably because of my good friend. My classmates think she is weird... And that because she is so polite and because she dreams to be a model some day. They bully her a bit because of that. When I'm with her or when I'm alone, I'm just a wall rose like always. It's hard to me, try to be friends with other girls in my class... especially girls in other classes, because they speak ill behind they best friends backs. And because I like to be alone and I just don't understand other girls... or boys. I'm a bit sudmissive with other people too, I never start the conversation. I start it only when I'm with my good friend. Right now I can't feel comfortable even with my old best friend, I can't speak to her like some time ago... I just don't know what to say... I just don't know why.

...But even it's like that, I'm quite happy, because I like to be alone sometimes. My father is always at home, so I just miss the moments in the mornings, when I went to school until the klock was ten, so I could listen to some good music almost three hours. I just loved it. I'm unpopular and at the end it's not so big deal to me. I haven't thinked about that a while, so why do I should think about that in the future either? So, I'm happy.
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 6:08 AM
I don't really mind being unpopular. Most people in my school are too loud and obnoxious anyways, I just sit down, cast my gaze downwards and let people ignore me. Some people think it's funny to torment me about my interests and such but their tormenting doesn't bother me. I guess you can say it's because I'm already so Jaded that negativity doesn't affect me mentally or physically.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 10:02 PM
I kinda don't have any friends, I'm just trying to join a social group after my old one kicked me out... that kinda gave me the 'unpopular' label. My mom is telling me that I'll find people like me some day, but I'm not sure. I'm just that girl who loves to read, wears her heart on her sleeve and knows everything. In my old school, I was a bit of a leader to the girls, but moving to a new school, everybody already has friends, and it's hard to get back up there. I don't fit in with the other girls, with the boys, and now I used to belong to a social group, not the best though... we were 'The Nerds', but honestly I was glad to have any friends at all. Maybe it's because they're all boys, but I dunno, they just kicked me out, or something. They were kinda mean to me so I just left. I don't know how I deal with it really, I guess I read books and cry while listening to Taylor Swift songs.

scooby dooby don't