Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Mod Manager

by Raxdiam Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 11:51 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2015 at 6:34 AM by Raxdiam

497 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 280 Feedback Posts, 216 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 20
Test Subject
#276 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 4:11 PM
¡Amazing mod manager!, only one sugestion: It would be great to see the inactive mods
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#277 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 8:39 PM
Sorry for the report. I should learn to read the description. I used the second "Bug workaround" and it's now working.
Thanks for the great app! I use it daily.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#278 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 3:44 AM
You are amazing! Thank you for this.
Test Subject
#279 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 10:19 AM
Another work around I use is when minimized I place pointer over MM in task bar, when preview shows I place pointer over pic & right click to maximize. Hope this helps. Your mod is a great time saver for me as I like experimenting with different mods . Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#280 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rpastorcale
Another work around I use is when minimized I place pointer over MM in task bar, when preview shows I place pointer over pic & right click to maximize. Hope this helps. Your mod is a great time saver for me as I like experimenting with different mods . Thanks.

Added to the main post.
Test Subject
#281 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:38 AM
Did I miss something, I went to install it and picked another drive for it to install on. I thought this would let me install mods there and have it move them into the c:\ folder as I turned them on, not keep them on c:\ both in it's director and the sims 4 mod director.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#282 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 8:26 AM
Just wanted to ask, does this support Mac OS?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#283 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riffy
Did I miss something, I went to install it and picked another drive for it to install on. I thought this would let me install mods there and have it move them into the c:\ folder as I turned them on, not keep them on c:\ both in it's director and the sims 4 mod director.

Mods are installed to the the game's "Mods" folder in Documents (example: <Drive Letter>:\Users\<User>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods)
Mods are stored (or backed up) in a directory created by TS4MM and cannot be changed, and stays the same regardless of where you install the application.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#284 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marvinpunz
Just wanted to ask, does this support Mac OS?

No. And I can't confirm whether or not it does with WineHQ.
Field Researcher
#285 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:54 PM
I have a question , is this also in Dutch language?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#286 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 10:47 PM
this helps
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#287 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 8:09 PM
Thanks for making my gameplay more enjoyable through your hard work. Well done!
Test Subject
#288 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 11:55 PM
I am having a unique issue it would seem. I have installed the program and made sure my Documents directory is correct. I have plenty of experience manually installing mods so I am certain the directory is correct. It is C:\Users\<MyName>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Neither dragging and dropping nor adding mods via the "+" button is working. They just don't show up in the list, they do not go into the mod folder at all. However if I manually add them to my mods folder and then refresh the list in the program they show up then and I can enable and disable them as expected.

My log file shows the following errors:
[4/08/2015 3:43 PM]: Populating mod list...
[4/08/2015 3:45 PM]: Could not validate Documents path to The Sims 4. Have you installed and run game?
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Checking validity of directories...
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Populating mod list...
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Failed to add mod(s).
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: failed to load library.

And yes, I have installed and run the game. Love the idea of this program and like the preview of the next version you posted to you site! I really hope I can get this working. Thanks in advance for any help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#289 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reithegenki
I am having a unique issue it would seem. I have installed the program and made sure my Documents directory is correct. I have plenty of experience manually installing mods so I am certain the directory is correct. It is C:\Users\<MyName>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Neither dragging and dropping nor adding mods via the "+" button is working. They just don't show up in the list, they do not go into the mod folder at all. However if I manually add them to my mods folder and then refresh the list in the program they show up then and I can enable and disable them as expected.

My log file shows the following errors:
[4/08/2015 3:43 PM]: Populating mod list...
[4/08/2015 3:45 PM]: Could not validate Documents path to The Sims 4. Have you installed and run game?
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Checking validity of directories...
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Populating mod list...
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Failed to add mod(s).
[4/08/2015 3:47 PM]: Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: failed to load library.

And yes, I have installed and run the game. Love the idea of this program and like the preview of the next version you posted to you site! I really hope I can get this working. Thanks in advance for any help!

If it can't find the path to the Mods folder for the game, you need to choose it manually in the settings.
The "Can not load 7-zip library" error means exactly what it says. If you go to where TS4ModManager.exe is, and there is no file named "7z.dll", that'd be the reason it's returning the error. But it should be there if you used the installer.
If that .dll file is there, then I honestly have no idea why it's not loading it.
Test Subject
#290 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raxdiam
If it can't find the path to the Mods folder for the game, you need to choose it manually in the settings.
The "Can not load 7-zip library" error means exactly what it says. If you go to where TS4ModManager.exe is, and there is no file named "7z.dll", that'd be the reason it's returning the error. But it should be there if you used the installer.
If that .dll file is there, then I honestly have no idea why it's not loading it.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have chosen the path in the settings and confirmed that it is set properly in the config.ini. It's still not adding unfortunately.
I do have the 7z.dll so not sure what the problem there happens to be. If I am able to find a solution I will post back here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

For now I am manually installing my mods and using the manager to keep them organized, but it would definitely be nice to have full functionality. Even without that I am enjoying the program a lot and wanted to say thank you for your hard work on this project.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#291 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:50 AM
Thank you very much for making this easier!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#292 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:25 PM
The instructions arent as clear to me on how to use the mod. My intuition for figuring it out myself is telling me to
1. Open the program
2. Click the + to add the mod that you just downloaded (which is in the download folder). When I do that it doesnt install the mid, theres no trace of it in the EA folder>Sims4>Mod folder. Is it installing it somewhere else?

Since I was put off by that, I attempted to drag the zipped mod into the program interface, didn't let me drag & drop but I see you updated it so that drag & drop was supported. Seems like it should be an easy thing to use but it has made it more confusing to me. Maybe with step by step instructions, I can enjoy this mod too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#293 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybarefeet
The instructions arent as clear to me on how to use the mod. My intuition for figuring it out myself is telling me to
1. Open the program
2. Click the + to add the mod that you just downloaded (which is in the download folder). When I do that it doesnt install the mid, theres no trace of it in the EA folder>Sims4>Mod folder. Is it installing it somewhere else?

Since I was put off by that, I attempted to drag the zipped mod into the program interface, didn't let me drag & drop but I see you updated it so that drag & drop was supported. Seems like it should be an easy thing to use but it has made it more confusing to me. Maybe with step by step instructions, I can enjoy this mod too.

You're doing it right. Drag and drop doesn't work when Windows Explorer is on a different UAC level than the application. Meaning if you are running TS4MM as administrator, and Explorer is not, it will not work, and vice versa.
As for why the mods are not being added when you are clearly adding them correctly, it's probably that the 7z.dll file in the install folder of TS4MM cannot be accessed. Some people have had this problem, and I do not know of any way to fix it as I cannot reproduce the problem myself.
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:00 PM
It won't open anymore
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#295 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:24 AM
i love this but can you please add a highlight all mods it would be easier then clicking every mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#296 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:29 AM
Thanks for posting this I downloaded a bunch of mods and they didn't work only a few
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#297 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 10:30 AM
i cant open it
Test Subject
#298 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:29 PM
I downloaded and started the Mod Manager. I selected all mods and ran the game. In the MM all mods were available but in my game all mod were unavailable also in the mod list, there wasn't any mod. How can i fix this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#299 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:16 PM
very handy thank u
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#300 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:36 PM
May give this a whirl in a few days, thank you!!!!
Page 12 of 20