Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 5:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't install store content
Hi!

I recently reïnstalled my sims 3 games. Now I'm trying to install my content from the store but it doesn't work. It always says: Installation failed: make sure you use the most recent software-updates and try again. By my idea the game is fully updated; version 1.67.2.024017.
I can install a selfmade word and it runs perfectly but no store items.
A little help pls, I'm working on it for ages..

Thnx :smileyhappy:
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 6:12 PM
Did you buy the store content? If not, that would be your problem. If you did buy it, make sure any Expansion Packs are also updated, just in case. Because when you update your game to 1.67, the first few Expansions and Stuff Packs have separate patches that need to be used which you can find here at MTS. I'm not sure if not updating them causes this issue, but it doesn't hurt to fully patch your game.

And if you did buy the store content, try to redownload them, or do a save as if it will let you.

On the off chance you obtained the content another way, I'm pretty sure you cannot get assistance here for it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 6:51 PM
I bought the content legally, so that won't be an issue.. except now it sucks that I can't play with the items, because I spend quite a lot of money on them. I'm also sure I bought them, I played with all the content before. It's just reïnstalling that messed up the game/launcher.
I'll try to patch the game. Where can I find these patches here at MTS?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:37 PM
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...:Patch_Download
Click on "Lists the current patches for all the games" for either Windows or Mac, depending on which one you use. This will take you to 1.67. If you are sure you are patched that far, then click on "Look in here if you're looking for older patches for some reason" instead. Then click on the Archived section for your expansion/stuff packs. Install the first patch the shows (should be the last patch that was put out for that EP/SP). If you have any questions, feel free to ask! If this doesn't fix the issue, we'll have to keep troubleshooting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 10:19 AM
Thnx, I patched all my games and it worked!