Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 23
Test Subject
#51 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 3:36 AM Last edited by wondersueak : 23rd Jun 2010 at 3:53 AM.
when I open my mods/packages folder in custard it is blank. says no files found. when I look the folder up in documents it shows the packages. like the low lifetime rewards one. No packages will showup in custard.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Test Subject
#52 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 4:31 AM
thanx heaps for this program I am loving it and will check anything now not that I will download cc anymore but thanx and way to go for helping us simmers who have been hit by this stupid doll.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#53 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 5:26 AM
wondersueak - Your opening a package file - not a sims3pack. CUSTARD is for cleaning up sims3packs. If your looking to check packages in your downloads folder then I think you want Dashboard.
Test Subject
#54 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 6:52 AM
oh! okay. Geez I can't believe I made that mistake. sorry!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 12:20 PM Last edited by SIMCITIZEN4 : 23rd Jun 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Hi, I have some lots which have corrupted files in the Sims3Pack. I click on fix corrupted and it shows as fixed and I then save the file. When I open it up again I have 57 (yes I counted them lol) files that are now listed as corrupted (not a DBPF). These files are all the files that were below the corrupted file and they take on the name of the file that was originally above the corrupted file.

If I just unselect the corrupt file and save the Sims3Pack without it I get the same result.

Attaching pics.

Please help. Thanks
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#56 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 6:06 PM
Do you still have the original Sims3Pack? Can you send it to me.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 7:52 AM Last edited by SIMCITIZEN4 : 24th Jun 2010 at 7:54 AM. Reason: Added download link
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Do you still have the original Sims3Pack? Can you send it to me.

Yes I have the original but it is 22mb and the allowed size for zip attachments is 10mb . I can email it to you if you like but you don't have a link for emails.

If you prefer here is the download link for the file but the creator has not compressed it so it is more than double the size.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1lokemxjwyi

Please let me know how I can get the file to you.
Test Subject
#58 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:59 AM
infinity thumbs up!!! I recently got the doll before finding out about this and finding out how to get rid of it. long story short, I ended up doing a complete wipe of it on my game.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#59 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 8:14 AM
SIMCITIZEN4: Thanks, I'll take a look

Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 8:25 PM
Default Mac Version?
Are you going to make one that can be used by Mac users? I've got the virus doll and have tried manually deleting it myself but it's hidden in other areas that I don't know how to access. Also I'm sure I've got a few regular CC corruptions as well that I'd like gone.
Test Subject
#61 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 12:48 PM
Default Doll
Quote: Originally posted by wondersueak
infinity thumbs up!!! I recently got the doll before finding out about this and finding out how to get rid of it. long story short, I ended up doing a complete wipe of it on my game.

I did that as well,

I don't really understand what you guys are actually doing although I have used the sims 2 cleaner,it scares me a bit, but thank you ALL for making and testing this tool ... I really appreciate it.
Test Subject
#62 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 5:13 PM
Thanks you very much,

I tried it, and I love it.. very good programm. Whit this programm I saw how many corrupeted items I had in .sims3pack,, oh my good
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:12 PM
Delphy,
Have you had any other people come to you with problems installing your program?
My WinZIP can't open the program and I keep getting weird messages each time I try.

For example:

"C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\100514164012-CUSTARD.rar could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location."
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#64 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:34 PM
kellysantina: try using WinRAR or 7zip to extract the file - oh, and do Save As, instead of Open, when you download.

Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:24 AM
Hmmm..Delphy, I downloaded 7zip and this is the message I get now

"C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\100514164012-CUSTARD-7.rar could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences."

Lol...hmm I can't figure out what's going on!
Test Subject
#66 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMCITIZEN4
Hi, I have some lots which have corrupted files in the Sims3Pack. I click on fix corrupted and it shows as fixed and I then save the file. When I open it up again I have 57 (yes I counted them lol) files that are now listed as corrupted (not a DBPF). These files are all the files that were below the corrupted file and they take on the name of the file that was originally above the corrupted file.

Was there an explanation/solution to this, as I am getting this happen too...
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMCITIZEN4

Quote: Originally posted by jvenn
Was there an explanation/solution to this, as I am getting this happen too...

Hi, jvenn as far as I know no solution yet. I read this thread everyday but am still waiting. Delphy did say that he would look at the file that I uploaded and I am just assuming that he is busy or something.
Test Subject
#68 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:20 PM
Hi,

I am trying to use the Sim 3 Pack Cleaner and thought I was doing it right until I came here and saw the images up of what this program can actually do. I don't see thumbnails of the files. I don't get red x's or green check marks if things are bad or good. Also, when I close out of the program a pop up box informs me that the program was not installed correctly. I've spent 2 days trying to read up on this and looking for a solution. Not being able to find anything, now I'm here. I am assuming (especially since I get that pop up) that I didn't not install the program correctly. Could someone please tell me where the files go?

Thanks for this. It's very handy to have. I was changing the names of my downloads and the names of the files created in DCBackup to match the file names of packages so if I didn't want a d/l anymore, the backup file would be easy to locate. That was a lot of work. I also found out that we aren't supposed to change any file names. So this program is a blessing!
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kellysantina
Hmmm..Delphy, I downloaded 7zip and this is the message I get now

"C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\100514164012-CUSTARD-7.rar could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences."

Lol...hmm I can't figure out what's going on!

Did you install 7zip? Try to click on Custard with right click and choose option open with 7zip.
If this not help maybe download winrar.
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeahxRIx
Hi,

I am trying to use the Sim 3 Pack Cleaner and thought I was doing it right until I came here and saw the images up of what this program can actually do. I don't see thumbnails of the files. I don't get red x's or green check marks if things are bad or good. Also, when I close out of the program a pop up box informs me that the program was not installed correctly. I've spent 2 days trying to read up on this and looking for a solution. Not being able to find anything, now I'm here. I am assuming (especially since I get that pop up) that I didn't not install the program correctly. Could someone please tell me where the files go?

Leah I wrote some tutorial how to use Custard tool. It is with pictures. Maybe it will be easier for you to use now
http://glitzyangel-sim.blogspot.com...-by-delphy.html
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 4:07 PM
wow ... ouch .... thanks? .......
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:49 AM
Hi Delphy, I don't mean to be a nuisance but have you had the time to take a look at the file that I uploaded (post #55 and your answer post #59) and if so do you have a solution?

Thanks
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#73 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 9:45 AM
SIMCITIZEN: I did take a look and I couldn't reproduce the issues here. I might have fixed it somewhere in the code in the meantime without knowing though...

Field Researcher
#74 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:20 PM
Hi

I downloaded this program a few days ago, and I like it.. But If I check a house with it, I'd like to know where the patterns are from.. We have the name of the sites for the objects but no informations for the patterns.. Thank in advance
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
SIMCITIZEN: I did take a look and I couldn't reproduce the issues here. I might have fixed it somewhere in the code in the meantime without knowing though...

Ok thanks, jvenn (post #66) got the same error as I did.

Will wait for new version with fixed code.

Thanks for all your help.
Page 3 of 23