Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 12:01 PM
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I got a job

Congrats
Scholar
#103 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 9:48 PM
Got round to digitally signing for my tuiton fees
Instructor
#104 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 9:45 PM
Made important life decision about not going to university right now. It sorta sucks, but it's also a relief and I'm mostly just happy the decision had been made.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 9:50 AM
Planning out my road trip to NJ.

A lot of things are period based. Loose clothes, medicine and medical devices, salty and sweet snacks but I also need to upgrade my sneakers, what some young kids call their "rides". (I am not yet 29 and I sound like an old fart. Next thing you know, I'll be handing out hard candies while telling youngsters how I mastered analog and digital technology since I was 3 years old.)

I also have to pick up something from my gal pals as part of market research and a car charger for a Nintendo 3DS, the original because I bought Pokémon X&Y the same year as the 3DS. He tried driving a hard bargain for me to take the XL edition like he was driving a stake through Count Orlok's heart. I bought two, one pink and one purple so trading with 4th and 5th generation games would be easy.

Regardless of my insistence for an extra console, I cannot order the item online because we leave after Labor Day weekend.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#106 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:31 PM
I woke up to the power being out. Instead of a normal bill, we have a meter that we put money on and when the money runs out - the electric turns off. I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, I had no idea what I was doing or where this meter even is. Eventually I figured it out though. Although I had to work out which shop I have to go into to top the little meter pen up with, then I also had to pay by card - usually I don't, because I get paranoid about my card being declined (no reason for me to have this fear, but I do) - but I managed it. So now the power is on.

I've also been filling out paperwork for my brother to go to school, which has been tedious and I still don't fully know what I'm doing - but I'm working it out.

My partner is currently at work, and he usually does all these kind of things for me but I need to become more independent and rely on him less, especially in the situation we're currently in, so I did it on my own and I managed with no problems, and I don't even feel burnt out and tired - I actually feel really proud of myself and excited. Although that could just be because I'm baking a cake right now.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#107 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 12:44 AM
Being an adult!!!! LOL
Mad Poster
#108 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 3:24 PM
First night shift alone at work tonight. And the "joys" of having to figure out all the stuff surrrounding my salary and all those other things that comes with having a job.
Mad Poster
#109 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 4:35 AM
Packing my things into the POD for our move. I have a rather bare room now.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

#110 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 10:24 PM
Did the dishes. Seems like a small thing, but I've been putting it off for a while.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#111 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 12:23 AM
Bought all my needs and wants in that order.

Should be expecting a package of two foldable duffel bags, a box of bandages and the Nintendo 3DS charge kit today, a doll and a product I am giving an unbiased review (i.e. I paid with my out-of-pocket money) tomorrow.

I start this journey in a huff. Mainly because I wanted my shopping done and over with. I took the bus to the Park and Ride, which is a smaller scale bus station or transit center. Walked on the sidewalk, which walking on the sidewalk on the overpass causes panic attacks if I look over the guard rail. Crossed about 3 times until I got to Wal*Mart. Then I was buying girly stuff like 100 SPF sunblock, women's shoe insoles, rash ointments, deodorant, wipes for front and back ends, soaps, acne and blackhead treatment items, even the quick release Ibuprofen which they had a sale on the 300 pill count bottles. After that, I bought men's underclothes. I bought the largest boxers and undershirts to be the clothes I wear cross-country.

I even had money to buy Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Field Researcher
#112 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 2:09 AM
Paying all my bills. It sucks but it makes me feel reasonable and like an adult. D:
Scholar
#113 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 4:09 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 12th Sep 2016 at 4:24 AM.
Guess who (finally) just got their driver's license.

(Spoiler: It's me.)

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 7:47 AM
Survived 5 night shifts in a week.
(alright, technically I actually like them better than day/evening shifts, but my head goes all nutty when my already wonky sleep cycle goes completely out the window)
Field Researcher
#115 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12

Congrats!
I need to start learning the Highway Code.
Mad Poster
#116 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 6:03 PM
Oh, and I got my first paycheck :D
(working nights and weekends really pay out!)
Field Researcher
#117 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Oh, and I got my first paycheck :D
(working nights and weekends really pay out!)

That's a great feeling!
Test Subject
#118 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12

Was it you who almost drove me over today?
Inventor
#119 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 11:22 AM
Recent adulting wins include =
1. Finally fixing my damn PC!
2. Started a work out routine and actually kept it up for a couple of weeks so far (I've only diverged from it this last weekend because it was our 9 year anniversary, so we had other stuff to do)
3. Left the house recently, without my partner with me, for the first time in at least 6 months, and i plan to try and make it a regular thing, even if it's just twice a month, it's better than nothing (i'm agoraphobic)

4. Started planning my wedding! For next year, the day after our 10th year anniversary! I can't wait to start calling my partner "husband".
I've had to do all the adult stuff like book the registry office, and order needed documents, it's great, it really makes me feel wifely XD
Test Subject
#120 Old 10th May 2017 at 7:40 AM
My "adulting wins" are every day I work. Anything that makes me money is a win.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 10th May 2017 at 4:10 PM
A few weeks ago I got a nursing student "dumped" in my hands (in the "can you take on a nursing student? They've already arrived! Have fun!" sense), so I got to try out being a teacher - but it's fine, he's nice and a hard worker, and I'm pretty sure he'll make a great nurse some day. I still have the the "duckling" feeling of being a student fresh in mind, so it feels a little weird suddenly being the one who's supposed to know everything, because I don't...
Scholar
#122 Old 11th May 2017 at 7:41 AM
More of an adulting *fail* but it's too gold not to post. So my husband is on several meds which make him pretty much narcoleptic. It's really bad, to where by mid sentence he's switched off again. He never believes me and tries to tell me he's awake, so I recorded him. When I showed him the clip, he didn't recognise himself. He actually said, 'That guy's got the same shirt as me'. Only when I burst out laughing did he realise.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Instructor
#123 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:34 AM
I turned nineteen this past Sunday, so that's cool.
I also went for a run this morning, and actually ate breakfast! Well, I guess those are human *wins,* per se. Nevertheless, I got myself out of bed at a decent hour and made my body feel good!
Mad Poster
#124 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:26 PM
Does turning one year older count?
Instructor
#125 Old 28th May 2017 at 8:24 PM
I've been staying pretty on-track with my workout schedule, and I'm currently doing my laundry! All good things.
Page 5 of 6