Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:51 PM
Pretty much all expansions will be required for the final world. There will be a lot of things broken if you don't have them. One could probably not have Generations and be alright, but that's about it. Even ITF actually plays a role in a lot of the world (some of the lots, a tomb, as well as landscaping and the tidal pool rocks).

For the decorating though, I've let people decorate inside with whatever EPs they've got since I'm using flat lots that can be put and decorated wherever then passed back to me when done and replace anything that might have gone missing in the process.

In other news, I'm almost finished with the final tomb of the world and then can get back to shell building. I actually did the final two "shotgun style" lots for the world. Didn't bother putting exterior wall coverings yet, or doing any landscaping for them. They go with the others of this style that I showed in post #35
Screenshots

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
#52 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:57 AM
Are there any lot sizes you need houses for? Any sorts of themes you're interested in having?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 3:36 PM
I finished the last of the tombs. Thank goodness for testing because I discovered a weird bug that only -I- seem to have that broke the concept of the original tomb idea. Still, they're finished now. I've also created and finished the base camp which, story wise, is the campgrounds/summer camp for the town. I'll be removing the brick foundation on the back decking. However, because stilted foundations have a weird bug (if you save a lot with stilted foundations to the bin then place it and try to edit the stilted foundations, the stilts hang around and nothing seems to be able to get rid of them) I'll be doing that absolutely last, once I've moved the lot into CAW/EIG.

@BlackjackGabbiani - I'm really rather picky (I'd chalk it up to this being a 5 year long project but I'm kinda picky in general) so what I've been doing is the exteriors and then will give people the lots to decorate the interiors and send back. This way, I make sure the world looks as I've envisioned it all along but allows for some differences in interiors.
Screenshots

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#54 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:13 PM
If you still need more people to have a go at some interiors, I'd be interested in giving it a try! I really love what you've created here and I'm really looking forward to getting to explore it!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:07 AM
For all of this time this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I've been desparately looking for a New England themed world. I'm loving this so far. Bookmarked this page to keep checking for completion. Awesome job by the way!!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 6:05 PM
Thank you so much for the compliment @CiennaSim1

In other news, I've finished the non-historic section of the town which includes the fire station, a disco roller rink, train station (that has a couple shops and a hangout bar upstairs), the junk yard, and more.
Some tumblr links to pictures of a few of those lots:I've also finished the graveyard. Since Greymont Bay will come unpopulated, none of the graves actually have ghosts. It's full (lots of headstones because I wanted a graveyard that actually looked like a graveyard) so it will probably be best for people to switch out headstones for "real" ones should they want to move their ghosts in.

It's really lovely in fall, especially with the church as well.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#57 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 10:36 PM
It looks great! I love seeing the fall colors in Sim worlds also.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
It looks great! I love seeing the fall colors in Sim worlds also.

Haha, it's my favorite. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten distracted taking pictures in fall rather than actually building anything. Pretty sure when I actually get to the "play" point, I'm going to set a fairly long fall season just so I can look at it even longer!

Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:58 PM Last edited by JannaJaria : 7th Sep 2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Glitches in game.
Default Testing
This world is amazing, i cannot wait to play in it, when will it be out ?

will it have all the 5 showtime lots so you can host friends sims ?

what other stuff will it have, i love LN, SNS, ST, UL, GN, IP, SN, will it have things from theses packs?

i been after world with this theme for ages, keep up good work ( :

P.S not sure if its meant to be empty the world on your beta testing, but i didnt spot any unwanted problems.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 7:43 PM
Sorry to be getting back to you so late @JannaJaria

If you check the first post, it should tell you everything you need to know about the EP requirements. However, though I've used items from Showtime, I've not incorporated the Showtime lots themselves. Though the community lots all have things planned for them, there are enough that you could easily move things around and work in/build showtime stages. Yes, the world was meant to be empty for beta so no worries there.

As for when it will be out, I have no idea. My creativity and motivation ebbs and wanes so, despite my best intentions to keep up with it, I sometimes take (long) breaks.

I noticed that you edited your original post for the reason "Glitches in game". Can you elaborate on what you mean by glitching? If you let me know what problems you're having, it will help me work out kinks in the final version.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:54 PM Last edited by heaven : 21st Oct 2017 at 10:19 PM.
Some updated pictures of the downtown area of GB. Attached below all that, you'll find a second version of the overview map, with added lot tags. I'm going for every lot having a purpose and then sharing the remaining space of the lot for additional stores that are more 'set dressing' for ambiance. It also gives people the space to adjust or add store content, like the store bakery or a working restaurant without needing to rebuild entire lots.

Screenshots

Field Researcher
#62 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:06 PM
I already saw it on tumblr, this is such a lovely world! I love the little 'shopping' street in particular.
Theorist
#63 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 7:32 PM
I really like the hue of the world. That muted grey tarmac and sidewalks, along with the very low-key colour of the grass. It has a kinda overcast look to it. And the builds are very neat and tidy. Nice!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#64 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 8:55 PM
Very well done!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:45 AM
This week or so I've been working on getting exteriors/landscaping done. 5 colonials, 5 cape cods, 2 more shotgun-style, and 4 fishing wharf cottages are done. Well, the exteriors and landscaping are done on those. You can see better screenshots of the colonials and their landscaping in this tumblr post.

This is the view of the neighborhood that has both the cape cods and the colonials

This is the area that I am currently working on. Each of the little cottages has their own private ramp and boat mooring and between them a dock goes further into the water to get to the larger boat moorings (the 2 houseboats)

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 1:27 AM
Really nice world, it kind of reminds me of the set from PLL/Gilmore Girls
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 12:14 PM
Heehee, thank you! I have to admit, I hadn't watched Gilmore Girls until people said stuff like this to me. I finally watched the series a couple months back. But it's true that I really want to evoke that small town feel where everyone knows everyone and there's tons of town pride

Mad Poster
#68 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:33 AM
I really like what you are doing!
Theorist
#69 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:10 AM Last edited by tangie0906 : 8th Jan 2018 at 2:33 AM.
@Heaven, I am essentially finished with furnishing and decorating 713 Acker Way. However, I did run into some problems with the walls on the second floor. Mostly the problem is with the walls on both sides of the house but there is also an issue with the family bathroom at the front of the house on the second floor. Here is a screenshot to hopefully explain where the issues are.

The room on the upper left of the screen I assumed was the Master since it had an attached bath. When I furnished it I kept getting the message "ceiling is too low". I placed the floor mirror using MOO but didn't have to use it for anything else. However when I play-tested the lot, sims were unable to walk around the foot of the bed so two sims were not able to sleep. I tried shifting the bed to all three walls and none of them worked EXCEPT placing the bed on the outside wall but leaving half a square between the bed and the wall. Sims can navigate in half a square so two sims were able to sleep in the bed but since the room is so narrow, that only leaves 1/2 square on both sides of the bed.

Moving on to the family bath at the front of the house, I was not able to place anything along that front wall. I even had to move the sink and toilet over to leave one full square empty because sims would route fail to the toilet unless I moved it.

In the Master bath at the bottom of the pic, sims could also not use that tub. So the issue seems to be one square wide along three sides of the house - I also could not place furniture along the outer wall in the two children's rooms on the other side, but twin beds are easier to find space for so it didn't cause any routing problems.

I'll also post about this on Tumblr but I just wanted you to know that you might have to take another look at that lot. I really love the house so I hope there is a way to fix it.

ETA: Below is a screenshot of how the furniture is currently placed in the Master since I couldn't place the bed next to the wall. When I tried, sims dropped the order to go to bed. And I couldn't switch the bed to where I had it initially or sims were unable to route around the foot of the bed.

In other general news, I created a brand new TS3 folder for this project so I have no custom content other than some mods I can’t live without and I think some things of Ani's just because I didn’t bother removing them (they’re not used for decorating). But I do have all SPs and while I did not intentionally use any items from those I've been known to get carried away when decorating and something slips in! I hope not, but thought I should mention that so you can be on the lookout.

The house as it is on the lot where it sits cost §113,735 but I did nothing with the back room off the dining room (seemed like a good mud/laundry room but felt that was best left up to the player) and I also didn't decorate the long room next to the living room. I wasn't really sure what to do with it. If I were playing the lot, I'd probably turn it into two rooms by adding a wall and make the front end into a hobby or game room and add more windows to make a sun-room in the area that leads to the back yard.

Speaking of back yard, all I added was a grill and a table with four chairs, and add paint to the garage interior. Didn't add plants or anything else to the yard.

I'll send a link to the house to you in a PM (Sim File Share). Please let me know if you need me to change anything! Loving this world, and very much looking forward to seeing it finished. :lovestruc

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:45 AM
Not sure what would be causing the error but I'll take a look at it. I didn't use any CFE on the first 2 floors (that I can remember) so unless the side roofs are affecting the edges, I'm not sure what's gone wonky. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

It looks great, btw!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 6:57 PM
Coming back to report in on that error. @tangie0906 it appears that the roof on either side of the main structure is, for some reason, interfering with the living space, despite only being built where it should be. I'm honestly not entirely sure how to fix it, other than change the roof itself, which changes the entire exterior aesthetic. This game is such a pain sometimes.

Mad Poster
#72 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:58 AM
I have a problem now with parking spaces. All of the sudden vehicles are gone and/or cannot be moved to other spaces. I have to sledgehammer twice where the spaces are/were to clear them and then place them again and the vehicles. Are we having fun yet? LOL Have had this on several lots now in 2 worlds.

Things that are/were fine now go wonky.
Theorist
#73 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Coming back to report in on that error. @tangie0906 it appears that the roof on either side of the main structure is, for some reason, interfering with the living space, despite only being built where it should be. I'm honestly not entirely sure how to fix it, other than change the roof itself, which changes the entire exterior aesthetic. This game is such a pain sometimes.

I really didn't look at it too closely to determine what might be causing it. I guess I felt like I didn't want to intrude as it's your build! But I briefly looked at the outside wall in the Master since that's the room that gave me so much trouble and I thought it looked like you used CFE. I might have just imagined that, though. Like I said, I didn't spend a lot of time trying to ID the problem.

Maybe someone in the Build forum could help? I do hope you get it working properly, it really is a lovely house. And yes, this game can be a pain! (But for some reason I still love it.)

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:07 PM
Just wanted to come back and say that I figured out exactly what the issue was (thanks to @Buckley ) and was able to make some tiny adjustments to the house/room without compromising too much. The pitch of the side roof was tricking the game into thinking the ceiling was too low inside the second floor. So I raised the pitch a bit and then moved the bed over half a tile as well. I'll do a little extra or something in the front corner to make it look a bit more 'on purpose' why it's not placed symmetrically.

Mad Poster
#75 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM
It looks good! Very nice house! I am glad you solved the issue.
Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Uploaded
Page 3 of 5