Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

{UPDATE} Archaeology Career

by snowleopard__x Posted 9th Mar 2018 at 3:47 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2019 at 12:00 AM by snowleopard__x

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
I like the idea behind this career, but I think you should adjust the the level requirements to spread out the local culture a bit more.

Level 1: Docent (Focused) $16/hour {Archaeology 2}
Level 2: Excavationist (Focused) $21/hour {Archaeology 3}
Level 3: Project Archaeologist (Focused) $27/hour {Archaeology 4 and Local Culture 2}
Level 4: Museum Technician (Focused) $35/hour {Archaeology 5}
Level 5: Conservator (Focused) $50/hour {Archaeology 6 and Local Culture 3}
Level 6: Curatorial Assistant (Focused) $120/hour {Archaeology 7}
Level 7: Curator (Focused) $200/hour {Archaeology 8 and Local Culture 4}
Level 8: Exhibition Coordinator (Focused) $250/hour{Archaeology 9}
Level 9: Administrative Assistant (Focused) $300/hour {Archaeology 10 and Local Culture 5}
Level 10: Museum Director (Focused) $375/per hour

My reasoning behind this is that as an archaeologist, your primary focus is on digging up artifacts more than interacting with the locals, so that skill wouldn't be increasing as quickly. What do you think?

This is a good idea, but from what I understand in order to understand artifacts you have to understand the culture. I view the culture skill as both understanding the ancient and the current culture. As far as in game the more culture you have the more options to share the old legends. I kind of view that skill as like a history skill would be for us. I do like your suggestion but I am happy with how it is set up. I think I am happy where it is at and don't want to have to force others to redownload the modified skill set version.
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by snowleopard__x
That is the fix I am so sorry I did not fully read the instructions right. I will make this change and reupload yet again. This is my first ever mod so thank you for baring with me to solve this. I missed a whole step.

No problem! Glad it's fixed. I look forward to playing this career, it looks like a good one!

Karen
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 2:27 AM
This was throwing those last exception errors at me like crazy and then it corrupted my lot, even after I removed and cleared my caches.

I just got my save running again and came on here to check this. I'm so glad that it's been fixed. I'm going to cautiously try it again as I really want to use it, but I'll try it again in an extra save. : )
Field Researcher
#54 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 2:34 AM
Question: Is it safe to use this now with the university career mod? I see that someone said they were incompatible, but perhaps that is no longer an issue now that this has been fixed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
Question: Is it safe to use this now with the university career mod? I see that someone said they were incompatible, but perhaps that is no longer an issue now that this has been fixed.

it should be. I downloaded my new version with that mod and it didn't crash my game or create an error.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 5:51 AM
I'm sorry to report that this is still throwing an LE for me and it occurs before the lot/household loads. In fact, it occurs when the game itself loads before I open a save. When I take out the mod, the LE doesn't occur.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a699bd226923376e5aa6053e</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-11 21:43:15</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>a699bd226923376e5aa6053e</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo' (SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo) (ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo'; SnowLeopard_Archaeology is not a package) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__' During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo'; SnowLeopard_Archaeology is not a package </desyncdata></report>
</root>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
I'm sorry to report that this is still throwing an LE for me and it occurs before the lot/household loads. In fact, it occurs when the game itself loads before I open a save. When I take out the mod, the LE doesn't occur.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a699bd226923376e5aa6053e</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-11 21:43:15</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>a699bd226923376e5aa6053e</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo' (SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo) (ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo'; SnowLeopard_Archaeology is not a package)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path
File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo'; SnowLeopard_Archaeology is not a package
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

I found that this error get created if the type happens to still be a compressed folder. I had to go into settings to uncheck Hide extensions for known file types. I am not sure which version you might have installed but if it shows the type as a compressed folder and the icon looks like a yellow folder it makes that error. The type must be TS4script over the compressed folder. The newest version up should be that now. It is my first mod I do apologize for these issues with the older versions. The only updated file you need is to replace the compressed folder with the now ts4script.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:24 PM
It seems to be working now. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 7:21 PM
Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 3:37 PM
I sent a sim out adventuring and completely leveled their archaeology skill only to realize there was no career for it, so I'm super excited to try this one out! Thanks so much for putting so much time into creating this!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:42 PM
I think that file is the same for all careers so you should be okay to copy the other files into the same folder with the other career.

Oh ok! Thank you. I just went ahead and put it in it's own subfolder to be safe and I am LOVING it! Great work! Please keep creating careers, you have a niche for it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaotikah
Oh ok! Thank you. I just went ahead and put it in it's own subfolder to be safe and I am LOVING it! Great work! Please keep creating careers, you have a niche for it!

as far as she has said on her beta page the commons file contains all the objectives that were missing from the Sims 4 base game so they should be standard across all careers made using her mod. Thank you I put a lot of hard work into this one and I have another one I am working on right now and will try to work on after going to the gym unless some friends play Siege or Overwatch tonight. I have most of it fleshed out just have to do the objectives and find pictures and do a quick test in my game. I am very excited about this one as well and I hope others will enjoy it as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 11:14 PM
Wow great idea, tnx!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:05 AM
Спасибо большое за вашу работу! И, если это возможно, переведите, пожалуйста, на русский язык.
Thank you very much for your work! And, if possible, translate, please, into Russian
Test Subject
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by margo7778
Спасибо большое за вашу работу! И, если это возможно, переведите, пожалуйста, на русский язык.
Thank you very much for your work! And, if possible, translate, please, into Russian

If you know Russian I would love to have you translate it and send me a PM as I do not know Russian at all
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:38 PM
Thank you SO much for this Mod, I have wanted this career. And like other people I was having the same problem with the error coming up. But I think the fix worked for this mod, at least!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKittyn
Thank you SO much for this Mod, I have wanted this career. And like other people I was having the same problem with the error coming up. But I think the fix worked for this mod, at least!

yep because it would only see the zip and not that it was a ts4script unless i turned off known extensions
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:29 PM
Can't wait to try, can you add a translation in spanish?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#69 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anna1916
Can't wait to try, can you add a translation in spanish?

if you know Spanish and can translate I would adore that because I only know English.
Test Subject
#70 Old 31st May 2018 at 1:08 PM
if you know Spanish and can translate I would adore that because I only know English.

I can, sorry i didn't read the response until now :p
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:17 AM
Hope it gets updated soon!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 7:44 PM
Is this updated for seasons? Thanks!
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:03 PM
Would be nice if this were updated. Apparently cc careers were borked and need to be tweaked or something.
A shame since one of my main sims uses this career qq
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:24 PM
does it still work with the new seasons update??
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kpop4eva83
does it still work with the new seasons update??

Not properly. It needs to be updated as any other custom career.
Page 3 of 5