Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Harder Celebrity Difficulty & More (Late Night)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 4th Nov 2010 at 12:29 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2012 at 8:09 AM by HystericalParoxysm

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:15 AM
Hey, is this compatible with the latest version of Awesomemod? The latest version changes disgraceful behaviours, makes sense if they conflict. Just want to confirm.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:20 AM
This is working perfectly in my game. Thanks so much!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 7:55 AM
lonardqwe - Please use the Help section - Help > Sims 3 > TS3 CC Basics. It explains everything you need to know to use all sorts of Sims 3 custom content.

TheHopelessEntity - I have no idea - I don't use Awesomemod anymore. Easiest would probably be to ask Pescado if he's modified the same XML file, since Awesomemod changes so many different things.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheHopelessEntity
Hey, is this compatible with the latest version of Awesomemod? The latest version changes disgraceful behaviours, makes sense if they conflict. Just want to confirm.

I was worried about this as well, so I took out this mod. It's a shame, though, because I still want the celeb levels difficulty increased. Any chance you could release a version without the changed disgraceful actions?
Test Subject
#55 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:42 PM
Uh, I've seen some rude posts in my day, but come on? Some of you guys need to go to charm school. If you don't like the mod, don't use it. Pretty simple. And yes, class, we do say THANK YOU to people who give us gifts; this includes people that make free mods for our game. Jeez.

I really did test it because I ended up putting it in my game (the hard difficulty, reg. disgrace) and then I had to take it out because I created a new sim to experiment with the film career track. She only had 2 stars and her career was starting to suffer! I took it out, then thankfully remembered to replace it after she got 4 stars and I was playing with another fam that I did not want to be famous. Works as promised!

Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:49 PM
I have a question.. or I guess it's more of a request..

I personally would love to see a flavor where the fame points were taken off completely from social, and gained only through Music, Film, Band, and Professional Sports careers. Then there would be no way to get famous on accident, while still allowing NPCs to become famous through their own means without you having to babysit and micromanage the entire town to pick and choose who becomes famous.

Would such a thing even be possible?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 11:06 PM
ShortyBoo - If Awesomemod uses a different system for disgrace and whatnot, then it's likely the tuneable values aren't even used anymore for that. I don't know if the rest of it has been left tuneable with Awesomemod or not. If you ask Pescado what, if anything, he has modified regarding the Celebrity XML, he could probably tell you if this would still be compatible or not. I don't use Awesomemod right now, so I haven't tested it... And only Pescado knows what he's changed.

Mekkiepoo - It's probably possible, but I don't think it's something I could do with my limited modding knowledge.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#58 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 11:26 PM
Thank you very much, HP. I'm trying out the Ultra Difficulty.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 6:04 PM
Thanks, this is really useful. I hate it when my sim got accused of detonating some junk pile.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 4:09 AM
I have got to download this! My Sim just got 1 star status for giving a celeb some vegetables they'd asked for. Now she's being followed around by the paparazzi. Any chance that 100 points it took to get the first star will degrade over time and her 1 star celeb status will sort of fade into oblivion? (like so many starlets do in Hollywood?)

Meja
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 6:45 PM
Hi,

I'm playing in Barnacle Bay (Store World) and using the very difficult celeb mod. Works just fine for my sim familiy but not for the rest of the town. Celebs are all over the place incl. kids and the paparazzi is swarming around like bees. Worst of all my sims having a very hard time to find friends, because of the celeb snobism.

Is there a way to include the npc's (townis) in this mod too, or that the whole celeb thing can excluded from the game at all?

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 6:54 PM
Llial - For that, you're probably best off using a story progression mod that has that stuff adjustable. Twallan's Story Progression mod is a good one to use as it's quite adjustable to your tastes. If you search for his profile here at MTS you'll see a link to his site in his signature.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 8:54 PM
Thank you SO much for this mod! I was getting pretty tired of losing all my friends over completely ridiculous pretexts, and my sim's boyfriend was always getting that shameful "woohoo with an occult" issue. My sims were depressed almost all the time because of this (though maybe that's realistic for celebrities? Where are the drug overdoses, EA?).

I'll be using this with Twallan's story progression and don't anticipate any issues, but I'll let you know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:13 PM
I think I love you. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:23 PM
So does this have paroxysm's seal of approval yet?
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Llial
Hi,

I'm playing in Barnacle Bay (Store World) and using the very difficult celeb mod. Works just fine for my sim familiy but not for the rest of the town. Celebs are all over the place incl. kids and the paparazzi is swarming around like bees. Worst of all my sims having a very hard time to find friends, because of the celeb snobism.

Is there a way to include the npc's (townis) in this mod too, or that the whole celeb thing can excluded from the game at all?

I'm having the exact same issue, and I don't want story progression off. Is there a way to mass purge the celeb virus from Barnacle Bay or is it just a flaw I'll have to deal with in BB? If I delete my save there and start a new game in BB after you mod has been installed, is it possible to avoid this mess?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 3:30 PM
Like many of the responses here...........JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!
I think EA made a big mistake with this becoming famous part of sims.........it's great you can........but it sucks you always become even if you dont want to.
With this mod the problem is solved............thnx for making this awsome mod especialy because its WORKING :D
This makes my day.............my present from Simterklaas hehehe
Thnx very very much :D

Quote: Originally posted by Llial
Hi,

You could make your own sims and put them in the city and delete the current living sims..........but maybe those will become famous fast too that i dont know
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 6:23 PM
I would love to install this mod, but without the disabled disgrace actions. Is this possible?
Test Subject
#69 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 10:43 AM
Thank you so much for this mod, it's just what I was looking for. I have a question, though. Before installing this mod, my sims' baseline moods (with no moodlets at all) was halfway up the bar and it usually only took two moodlets to get them up into the glow. Now, though, it seems that their baseline is waaay down in the red and it takes usually over four moodlets to get them in the glow. Did I mess something up during installation of this mod?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 10:51 AM
LadyVale - That's not a problem with this mod, but with the 1.18 patch. Avoid getting the "well rested" moodlet till a fix is made/another patch comes out.

Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
LadyVale - That's not a problem with this mod, but with the 1.18 patch. Avoid getting the "well rested" moodlet till a fix is made/another patch comes out.

Thank you, that's a relief to know.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#72 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 4:05 AM
Oh, thank you, m'dear! I can't stand how often my sim's queue gets dropped because someone wants to ask for her autograph or take her picture. She's an angler and gardner, for goodness sake, and only one of eight sims in the house, so I don't want to have to babysit her to make sure she's not being hounded after I've loaded up the commands. So annoying! I know this won't change her celebrity status, but I'm ready to move on to a new family because I'm sick of the whole celebrity thing. This gives me hope that I won't have to worry about another sim becoming a five-star celeb just because they have the Friendly trait. Much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 11:03 PM Last edited by arainya : 19th Dec 2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: correction
The devs did go overboard with sim morality. My sim was disgraced for woohooing with her hubby at basecamp. That angered me so I bought them a home with an elevator. They woohooed there and her hubby was disgraced, even though they were in their own home. If the developers had their way, the game would be populated with only EA toons. Thanks for this mod.

My bad, I thought your instructions included alterations of any of the disgraces. So my sims still have to hide after woohooing in their own home or at basecamp.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:08 PM
lol i luvv how u thank 'your mom' in every download
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 7:29 PM
i love the idea but is it possible for you to make the low/medium/high difficulty WITH the disgrace ON ?
thanks
Page 3 of 9