Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:55 PM
My worst habit is to make generally weird looking fairy sims with giant alien eyes then I mix them with a normal human and I think they're pretty. I'm unsure whether or not this is true bc all of my females look basically the same. I don't have any photos of them, but just know that they all look the same and have different hair, skin, and eye color.

I used to leave the game on pause all night then go back to play in the morning and play basically all day then leave it on all night then the cycle continues. But only in the summer.
Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:42 AM
If I'm going to be honest, downloading all the things, and then bloating my game to near unplayable levels.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:23 AM
same face syndrome : (
Mad Poster
#179 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heart Sims
I used to leave the game on pause all night then go back to play in the morning and play basically all day then leave it on all night then the cycle continues. But only in the summer.

I have to ask, why in the world would you do that?
Scholar
#180 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have to ask, why in the world would you do that?

I understand the impulse is to avoid the loading screen, but I'm thinking about the effect that would have on a computer and the electricity bill and shuddering!
Mad Poster
#181 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 2:51 PM
It took me 20 minutes to load 2 as I had so much CC. 3 takes me less than half of that even fully loaded with CC. IMO shut it off and in the morning turn it on and take a quick shower or whatever and then play. I used to unload the dishwasher a lot waiting for 2. But to keep a computer and game running all night does not make sense to me.
Scholar
#182 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:32 PM
This is what I do. I set it up, use the bathroom, come back select my file, go do a chore and when I'm done it's there waiting for me. Sitting there while it loads just makes everything seem longer for me even with the cat sitting on my shoulder washing my face.
Scholar
#183 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:31 PM
I'm beginning to realize I play the sims like I play mmorpgs. Avoiding everyone, picking stuff up off the ground and trying to grow my potatoes in peace.
Test Subject
#184 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:45 PM
I usually start a game by purchasing a large empty lot, then using 'familyfunds' to get rid of the rest of their money (aka homeless sims). I've switched to an almost empty lot. I've designed a house format I like for overstuffed families, but I kept screwing up the foundation size, so I saved the foundation and empty basement. My bad habit is never finishing the house build. Because they only have the tiny amount of money coming in at the beginning, I try to build the essentials, often leaving everything (kitchen appliances, beds etc.) out in the yard till I get floors and walls built. Even when I get money rolling in, I still leave things unfinished with blank walls, no windows because I'm too lazy to redesign it all the time. I've started using Blueprint Maker to save decorated rooms so I don't have to spend time building the same thing over and over. I leave things like beds and appliances out of the blueprint, because they are already out in the yard. I still have yet to make a living room, but I finally created a pre-living room with the floor and opening for stairs because I was tired of my Sims walking across a 'bridge' from the foyer to the kitchen.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Forum Resident
#185 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 4:26 PM
I have a lot of package files, which slows loading the game. Then, I often place a family I created from the CAS families with an already customized house on a lot. And already customized bars and customized sims and play until the game starts freezing up and eventually becomes so slow that I finally quit, start a new game, and do the exact same thing over and over again! But I'm sure that one day it will all work out
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#186 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:30 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 23rd Mar 2018 at 8:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlueLeafeon
I MUST insert one of my pre-existing characters into the game in order to retain interest. Just making up a sim won't keep me in a file for very long.

Yeah, same. I have 2 or 3 Sims that I always play with; I just give them a makeover and a new backstory for each save. Pretty lame but I keep doing it anyway.

Lorelei Gallagher, circa 2015. Created her in 2015 and she's been a regular ever since.
Laura Gallagher, 1988. Maybe she's Lorelei's mom or something, though not in this universe 'cause Lorelei was born in '87 and this Laura is still child-free a year later.
Cari Dowd-Moya, god knows when. I'd say she lives in 2277 or whatever but I'm preeeeeeetty sure the 2270s won't look like ITF so I'm still kind of working on that future aesthetic.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#187 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:03 PM
I've seen this thread and for awhile I could not think of any bad simming habit I do. Well other then most times I play sims at work. I think my worst Simming habit, and it happened tonight, is I fall asleep. Not I get sleepy can't stay away no clunk I am out for 5 ten minutes then suddenly snap awake. It happens when I concentrate on things but with Sims it seems to get worse. Sadly tonight this simming habit cost me all my kids because some kid couldn't get his behind in doors and summoned the bleeping social worker.

You think it's bad leaving your sim alone for a few minutes, try clunking out for a few minutes. If your needs aren't static we see who's the strongest sim.

Think I will restart the game and try having two kids raise three toddlers. XD It's a nice annoying challenge.

Which reminds me, another bad simming habit i have: 55% of the time I delete the school. As a simmer I actually want to play my kids and teens without always shipping them off to school for most the day, homework till bed time, and repeat.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#188 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
I think my worst Simming habit, and it happened tonight, is I fall asleep. Not I get sleepy can't stay away no clunk I am out for 5 ten minutes then suddenly snap awake. It happens when I concentrate on things but with Sims it seems to get worse. Sadly tonight this simming habit cost me all my kids-

Had to do a double take on that last sentence lol.
But do Sims really go sour that easily on your end?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#189 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Had to do a double take on that last sentence lol.
But do Sims really go sour that easily on your end?

Yup, I clunked out (aka suddenly fell asleep), and half my family was on fire. Another kid was a dust pile. Cooking and the inventing table two of the biggest dangers to unattended sims. I usually make all needs static that way they are just standing around like idiots. Though wish keeping all needs static didn't mean shutting off the sim brain at times XD

I play for several hours and this can happen more then once so long story short sometimes my goals of which way the game are not met.

Try it once have someone message you to step away from teh game and drop everything and step away for 5 or 10 minutes and see what you come back to

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#190 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM
I feel the need to edit every single existing sim...
Mad Poster
#191 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 1:39 AM
I have to edit any lot done by anyone else. LOL (!)

And I have had the opposite. For deaths most of the time I have had to set them up as have had so few in the game other than old age. Had one meteor hit a sim who I really liked but thank goodness she flashed her deathflower at grim and said nah-nah not me!

I had to set it up to have a sim die in a fire once for a story. And I have fenced a few sims in pools or in yards. (!)
Test Subject
#192 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:54 PM
My worst habits are probably having way to many kids in too small of a house (like 13 kids in a small 3 bedroom house) or cheating needs all the time, cause who needs to eat when you are flirting with a cute co worker
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsNeedLots
My worst habits are probably having way to many kids in too small of a house (like 13 kids in a small 3 bedroom house) or cheating needs all the time, cause who needs to eat when you are flirting with a cute co worker

True, except I build them a large enough house for the kids, but only the adults get the really good stuff...half the time I don't even pay attention to the kids...
Test Subject
#194 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveViolet
True, except I build them a large enough house for the kids, but only the adults get the really good stuff...half the time I don't even pay attention to the kids...

Oh I never pay attention to toddlers and children but I have like 20 of them.I can't play in big houses just too much going on and they get messy so easily
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Give her a save of her very own. With houses that have all been repainted with the gaudiest wallpaper and tile patterns on the exterior, so that her fairies will have pretty houses to live in. And a warning that any of her sims who wander into your saves will be summarily deleted from them.

If I do that, Mom will yell at me for "not playing nice". No matter how it happens, whenever we get upset with each other, I'm always the one who gets in trouble. I don't know why Mom thinks every other family member is better than me. Maybe it's because of all the times we're watching a movie or t.v. show with a cute girl in it, someone says they're jealous of her, and I say I'm jealous of whoever she's dating.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Scholar
#196 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katlovet10
If I do that, Mom will yell at me for "not playing nice". No matter how it happens, whenever we get upset with each other, I'm always the one who gets in trouble.

Ah. The dreaded 'older Sibling' syndrome.
Theorist
#197 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:53 PM
Not being patient enough to save my game...I just want to play....then after awhile I do something, the game crashes and then I lose progress. I guess saving takes about 2 minutes (never timed it) but I just don't want to wait...so I pay the price. I'm trying to be more aware but I just don't like stopping to save.

PS Just saw the avatar...Happy April Fools Day!
Top Secret Researcher
#198 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:00 PM
Downloading Consort's grow and age mods... my PC can't handle all that sim updating

But I still play with it, then I get rid of it, then I install it again. I wish I never found out about it in the first place.
Test Subject
#199 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:57 AM
I watch videos while playong the Sims 3, but it commonly exits out.
Scholar
#200 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 4:12 PM
making my sims have way too many children.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Page 8 of 9