Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Custom Content disappearing
Hello- I recently bought TS2 SC and had downloaded some CC. I have about 100 or more things of CC.
Earlier today my games time would not tick and my sims would not move at all speeds on the clock and after trying to play and restart the game it eventually just froze so I restarted my laptop.
When I loaded the game it worked but my sims looked different and some of my CC was gone and my sims were now in different clothes and my house had different objects in place of some CC. Even some of my flooring was gone.
Has anyone else had this issue? Is it an issue with too much CC? Is there a way to fix it? Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:11 PM
Pretty sure the game has somehow turned off CC. If you enable CC again, CC should work.

The freezing problem is more worrisome than the disappearing CC. Could be a problem with your computer not being able to handle the game. What are your computer specs (processor, amount of RAM, graphics card, and so forth)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Pretty sure the game has somehow turned off CC. If you enable CC again, CC should work.

The freezing problem is more worrisome than the disappearing CC. Could be a problem with your computer not being able to handle the game. What are your computer specs (processor, amount of RAM, graphics card, and so forth)?

I have a MBP with 2.9 Ghz dual-core Intel Core i5 turbo boost up to 3.3 Ghz - 8GB RAM- Intel Iris Graphics 550.

The game has run smoothly without any problems until today when the clock stopped ticking. I was able to get out of TS2 but I did have to force quit after I was out of it.
I tried disabling and enabling and CC is there but not all of it. I know the cc worked because I had a certain couch in there and now its replaced with a different couch and no longer in the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catlady17
I have a MBP with 2.9 Ghz dual-core Intel Core i5 turbo boost up to 3.3 Ghz - 8GB RAM- Intel Iris Graphics 550.

The game has run smoothly without any problems until today when the clock stopped ticking. I was able to get out of TS2 but I did have to force quit after I was out of it.
I tried disabling and enabling and CC is there but not all of it. I know the cc worked because I had a certain couch in there and now its replaced with a different couch and no longer in the game.

Since you noted that you have a MacBookPro I looked up the minimum requirements according to Aspyr:

Minimum System Requirements
Operating System: 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra)
CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 3870
Video Card (NVIDIA): Geforce 8800
Video Card (Intel): HD 3000
Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard

I am going to guess that your video card is better than the Intel HD 3000, and that the problem is not the video card.

That the problem is disapearing CC makes no particular sense to me, except that I am wondering if it could be that you have reached the Mac's Max Open File Limit. Do you have a lot of MODs and other sort of content that you have added besides your CC that you mention? Any other problems in loading or other difficulties with the game?

Do you know what file name the couch had? You can do a search for it using Spotlight. Files usually don't disappear on the Mac as far as I know, but that is why I am wondering if it is a file limit problem. Select your Sims 2 Folder and check to see how many files it contains.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Since you noted that you have a MacBookPro I looked up the minimum requirements according to Aspyr:

Minimum System Requirements
Operating System: 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra)
CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 3870
Video Card (NVIDIA): Geforce 8800
Video Card (Intel): HD 3000
Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard

I am going to guess that your video card is better than the Intel HD 3000, and that the problem is not the video card.

That the problem is disapearing CC makes no particular sense to me, except that I am wondering if it could be that you have reached the Mac's Max Open File Limit. Do you have a lot of MODs and other sort of content that you have added besides your CC that you mention? Any other problems in loading or other difficulties with the game?

Do you know what file name the couch had? You can do a search for it using Spotlight. Files usually don't disappear on the Mac as far as I know, but that is why I am wondering if it is a file limit problem. Select your Sims 2 Folder and check to see how many files it contains.

Actually it appears I had more CC than I thought. The game runs very smoothly with no problems what so ever besides that. It was so strange because the clocked stopped ticking and then froze after I had made many attempts to try and get it working again(go into neighborhood, move house and family, etc)and after I force quit and started it back up my sims were in new clothes, flooring was gone in my house, and some items were replaced with other items. I know CC is enabled because I can choose different CC to put in my house but the other items are just gone from the game now.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:36 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 7th Aug 2017 at 6:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by catlady17
Actually it appears I had more CC than I thought. The game runs very smoothly with no problems what so ever besides that. It was so strange because the clocked stopped ticking and then froze after I had made many attempts to try and get it working again(go into neighborhood, move house and family, etc)and after I force quit and started it back up my sims were in new clothes, flooring was gone in my house, and some items were replaced with other items. I know CC is enabled because I can choose different CC to put in my house but the other items are just gone from the game now.

In the Finder go to your Aspyr folder that contains The Sims 2 folder and then select The Sims 2 folder. Now Right Click and then Get Info; Or in Finder Go to File and then Get Info; Or in Finder type Command and I at the same time. Then when the Get Info Window opens look at Size and then the number of Items.

Write the number down and then let me know what it is. I don't care about the number of bytes, just the item count.

Next, locate your Sims 2: Super Collection app. Right click > Show Package Files > right click Contents > Get Info. Add the two together and that’s your file amount so far. {instead of Right Clicking you can hold Control and Click} Let me know the total number that you get by adding the two numbers together.

I want to check and see if you might be exceeding the Max Open File Limit.

For more information on the Mac's Max Open File Limit. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595866

For information on how to change the Mac's Open File Limit check the link in my signature.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.