Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 9:54 PM Last edited by mortschool1 : 24th Aug 2017 at 11:36 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom content download problems
**Yes I did try to look this question up, and I read the download guidelines.

So, I've been playing TS2 for about 9 years. I have Windows 8. I downloaded everything and played it just fine on various OS including 8. I reload every game after a factory reset with the custom content, and suddenly certain things refuse to show up in the game; objects, hair, clothes, etc. that I didn't have an issue with before, mainly with the elven furniture sets which I desperately need.

1.) I extracted everything as usual, and even tried the other methods (catalog, bin, and other folders)
2.) I use WINRAR.
3.) It's all compatible with my games.
4.) I redownloaded and tried it all again.
5.) I enabled the custom content (only a few things aren't showing).
6.) No antivirus software.
7.) CEP is installed.
8.) I have restarted the game several times since unzipping the items.

What else can I do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
Sometimes Windows can go a bit nuts with the security and block the files. Not sure how to fix this but someone else rpobably knows.

Also this better belongs in Game Help

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Sometimes Windows can go a bit nuts with the security and block the files. Not sure how to fix this but someone else rpobably knows.

Also this better belongs in Game Help

Same settings, no antivirus software, and I don't know how to move the thread or I would.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:54 PM
If you're running an anti-virus at the same time as your sims game, it sometimes decides to quarantine things you need, so never play while your antivirus is running.
Check the files and make sure they aren't set to read-only. All your data files need to be writeable, though most of your program files can be read-only with no problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 11:12 PM
Moving to help.

Make sure you have CEP and that you fire the game more than once.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Moving to help.

Make sure you have CEP and that you fire the game more than once.

I have CEP, and I've started the game several times. It's only a few files I've never had issues with before (Numenor and Tiggerypum's elven furniture sets). The build mode stuff works fine.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 11:37 PM
Have you tried deleting the cache files?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Have you tried deleting the cache files?

Yes, I went in and deleted them per the directions, but still don't have the items showing up. Should I now try re-adding/zipping the trouble downloads into the game