Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 9:53 PM
Default A Thread About Toddlers
Just a thread I made, about toddlers. Post your ideas about toddlers [ or other things ] here.
[ Note: This thread is only for Sims 3's toddlers, not 2's or 4's. ]
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:56 PM
I admit, I don't play toddlers enough. Usually I'm playing a single Sim, doing whatever while watching the goings on in town.
Then when I find my Sim in the area of an adorable toddler, I get all "I want one." It's all downhill from there because once I have active children, I hate to give them up to the town, and I find it impossible to stop playing my original Sim. I need to learn to let go, maybe.

Just thinking about them makes me want toddlers
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:20 AM
they r small and cant do much.

(I delete all humans below the age of 8 every time I play)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus

Does anyone see the flaw in this plan, strictly from a "Does my world have a future?" planning perspective?
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:53 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 23rd Sep 2017 at 1:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Does anyone see the flaw in this plan, strictly from a "Does my world have a future?" planning perspective?

I dont play legacy. I have like 33 saves and theyre all different short stories. I will be playing a farming story and then want to play a completely different story in the city so... :/

I'd hate to make a small child suffer from my indecisiveness

-----------------------------------------

Well dang I didn't know having a different play style was so offensive
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 7:03 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 1st Jan 2018 at 2:44 PM. Reason: Whoops, I meant toddler-to-child!
I always have them in my families, just always! I'd love to pinch their little cheeks!

I always feel sad when my last toddler grows up into a child, apart from all the teaching which takes so long sometimes.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:28 PM
Personally prefer baby animals, but currently enjoying my current toddler in the family. Just need to age him into a toddler after he learns to walk, so I can make room for his two (possibly four) new siblings.

In other news, I'm going to redownload Pregnancy controller so I don't have four babies all at once. Only going to pause it though.
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Sep 2019 at 10:09 AM.
Judging by my experience with the baby and toddler life stages in Sims 3, it is probably just as well that I have never been a parent in real life. I find the business of tending to their needs and teaching them their skills harrowing, to say the least. That is the main reason I have previously steered clear of playing legacies. Still, I have risen to the challenge a few times, and it does have its little compensations ...

This is Alice Newcomb, one of my successes.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#9 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 4:12 PM
tbh I also think my general indifference toward toddlers was that I didnt find them cute. I guess if you jazz them up they'd be nice. I mean I didnt start playing with kids until I made a decent looking one this year. It took me 4 years to accidentally stumble upon a child skin I like.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 12:39 AM
Ohh. Toddlers. Well, they have five days in my game that they absolutely need tp learn their skills, read all of the books, make friends with the family (and the IF unless I don't want to deal with that) and basically being cute.
Also, this site has given toddlers tons of stuff to do! From dancing to scribbling on the walls, they are rarely not busy with something; I can leave them in the playpen or put a bottle in their inventory and leave them to just do their thing for hours on end. Now all I need is a way to stop the friggin' older sims from lining up to put the fully awake and happily occupied toddler in the crib.
As an aside, I do like what Sims 4 has done with toddlers in terms of skilling, because I've had to cram in mods to the brim for a better toddler experience...

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

Should be fine for at least the coming 30 or so years. I mean, I've had a bunch of Sims die since 2012 but it's hardly dying-of-old-age season here with all the millennials and whatnot. I think there's a bunch of premades who are in their 60s now but for every one of them who could be dying "soon" 3 young ones have moved in.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Judging by my experience with the baby and toddler life stages in Sims 3, it is probably just as well that I have never been a parent in real life. I find the business of tending to their needs and teaching them their skills harrowing, to say the least. That is the main reason I have previously steered clear of playing legacies. Still, I have risen to the challenge a few times, and it does have its little compensations ...

This is Alice Newcomb, one of my successes.
Aww! Alice is so cute!
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 5:54 AM
I love toddler glitches! The endless possibilities of the ways they freak out make me laugh really hard. I've had toddlers that necks snap all the way around and that turn into six foot tall monsters when you put them in their crib. Not to mention the toddlers that glitch through stairs and such.
Scholar
#15 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:05 AM
i love them! when they don't require attention or are not screaming

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#16 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
they r small and cant do much.

If I didn't like them, I would (and sometimes I do just that) send them to the shelter/foster home until story progression takes them over, ages them into a child/teen and move them back into the original family.
Scholar
#17 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 2:16 PM
Thanks to one of the toddler mods, I finally had that heart-stopping moment of watching one of the toddlers go lurching out the front door towards the street in-game.

@ellynda I have kids IRL, and I find raising sim toddlers harrowing. Your ability to withstand sim kids in no way informs your ability to raise real children.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Thanks to one of the toddler mods, I finally had that heart-stopping moment of watching one of the toddlers go lurching out the front door towards the street in-game.

@ellynda I have kids IRL, and I find raising sim toddlers harrowing. Your ability to withstand sim kids in no way informs your ability to raise real children.

I actually don't care for kids too much in real life (they are needy and whiny) but, I like raising my sim's kids.

So yeah, real life is totally diffrent, lol.

Yet, kids gravitate towards me.
Scholar
#19 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rockergirllee
I actually don't care for kids too much in real life (they are needy and whiny) but, I like raising my sim's kids.

Yet, kids gravitate towards me.

IME, children are like cats and go to the people that are not actively seeking their attention. They also like it when people treat them like people, which a lot of people that don't really like kids do. When I want my kids' attention, they can't be bothered. When I want to do anything else, they world is imploding and the floor is made of lava and they need my attention or they will die!