Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:13 AM Last edited by fogsims : 15th Jul 2017 at 3:13 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim resets when pressing on apartment closet
Hey everyone! I'm back for some more sims 2 problems.
I recently started getting this error message whenever I click on the walk in closet that came with The Sims 2 Apartment Life. I have the option to (Reset) (Delete) (Cancel). As expected, when I chose (Reset) the sim resets again (they reset the first time I click on it) and when I chose Delete, the sim is gone, and if I chose (Cancel) it'll pop up again. It sometimes crashes as well.
And if I turn (boolprop testingcheatsenabled) off, my sim resets 2 times.
I also don't have the option to woohoo/try for baby in the closet anymore.
It's been over 2 weeks since I added custom content, and I started getting this problem about 3/4 days ago, so it can't be something I recently added.
Could it be that my sim asked the landlord to move in? And what can I do to fix this problem?
Thank you.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:15 AM
What does the error say?

It could be to do with the landlord - does the same thing happen for other sims on other lots?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What does the error say?

It could be to do with the landlord - does the same thing happen for other sims on other lots?
I'll see if I can type the error when I go in game but Yes, the same thing happens with other sims on other lots, also as I mentioned before, the woohoo interaction is no longer available.
Thank you for reading.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:55 PM
Apartments are notoriously buggy and it might just be that. But if you are getting an error with Debug Mode turned on, you don't need to look at it in game - there will be an error log for it in your Logs folder. You can attach that to a post, or paste it in a post (please use spoiler tags for that).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What does the error say?

this is the error:
An error accurred in object
"E001_User00666 - Kent" #630
Error: Missing Action String in table.
The stack trace is saved in
"C:/Users/ASUS/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/
ObjectError_E001_t305834.txt".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Apartments are notoriously buggy and it might just be that. But if you are getting an error with Debug Mode turned on, you don't need to look at it in game - there will be an error log for it in your Logs folder. You can attach that to a post, or paste it in a post (please use spoiler tags for that).

OK here it is:
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 10:00 AM
You probably have a mod that changes Text List (STR#) 0x12E MakeActionString prim string set in group 0x7FE10572 (Shopping Rack Globals). The error occurs in a pie menu's Guardian BHAV named Interaction - Closet - Woohoo - TEST in node 7 which is a call to primitive 0x32 Add/Change the ActionString with parameter = line 0x49 in the TextList.
BTW the game tries to execute a object's (relevant) Guardian BHAVs everytime you move the cursor over it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
You probably have a mod that changes Text List (STR#) 0x12E MakeActionString prim string set in group 0x7FE10572 (Shopping Rack Globals). The error occurs in a pie menu's Guardian BHAV named Interaction - Closet - Woohoo - TEST in node 7 which is a call to primitive 0x32 Add/Change the ActionString with parameter = line 0x49 in the TextList.
BTW the game tries to execute a object's (relevant) Guardian BHAVs everytime you move the cursor over it.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand ^-^"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 8:38 AM
I don't know what to do anymore, I tried everything I could
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:50 AM
Hi fogsims
Have you tested without CC ( http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:Game_Problem ) ?
And made a back up copy of your neighbourhood then tested in other households?

You still have some "heavy" mods like Monique's computer and something that has to do with teen woohoo, according to your error log, and maybe other stuff. It's pointless trying to guess what's causing the issue until you test your game without CC.
That teen woohoo thing looks like the usual suspect, you might have an outdated version, or it could conflict with something (did you run the HCDU for potential conflicts?).

And it could be that apartment specifically if the issue doesn't appear anywhere else, but then I think you'd experience other problems as well with that household.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Hi fogsims
Have you tested without CC ( http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:Game_Problem ) ?
And made a back up copy of your neighbourhood then tested in other households?

You still have some "heavy" mods like Monique's computer and something that has to do with teen woohoo, according to your error log, and maybe other stuff. It's pointless trying to guess what's causing the issue until you test your game without CC.
That teen woohoo thing looks like the usual suspect, you might have an outdated version, or it could conflict with something (did you run the HCDU for potential conflicts?).

And it could be that apartment specifically if the issue doesn't appear anywhere else, but then I think you'd experience other problems as well with that household.
Hey Lili!
So I did try to remove my whole downloads folder and the error didn't go away. I tried trying it in another world and it's still there. And I turned all the mods that have something to do with teen woohoo/pregnancy off using Clean Installer so that wasn't the problem.
So what I did is that I backed up my game, because I wondered if it'll work and I needed to back my game up anyways so I did it and followed the rules you linked. Then I went in game after removing the downloads folder and the error was gone! So I moved my folder back in but without my mods and there weren't any problems, then after dividing my mods into many folders I found the mod that was causing the error. It was the Buy Maternity Wear mod. I really want that mod but I think I can live without it if it's the reason why I had the error.
Thank you so much for your help.