Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can I make custom employees for base game shops?
So I don't know if this is in the correct category, but I need some help.
I know how to make custom townies and all, but I don't know how to make people like the employees in grocery stores and clothing stores you have in the base game, or people the game might generate along the way, like police officers or burglars.
Am I supposed to use a special mod to make sims I made in CAS into these NPCs, or does the game select them from the available townies?
Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:56 PM
I might be wrong, so please try to verify this, but the game will create these NPC's. They aren't townies, no. If you have no mods to decrease the number of NPC the game creates, then your game should create a said number of..Clerks(teenagers), police officers, burglars, nannys etc.
The way *I* would do it, would be using SimPE and its Alt SimSurgery Plugin .
I would let the game creates them all, then look at them in SimPE, and take notes of how many of them I have. (maybe I'll find..3 teenage clecks, 3 police officers..)
Then I would create as many sims in Bodyshop, according to the gender, age of these NPC I want to replace.
Once done, I would use alt surgery to replace them by the ones I made.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 12:09 AM
I've done this before for paperboys and the like, and it works well!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 12:19 AM
Did you also unhide their outfits so you can use them? or did you just completely replaced their look?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 6:11 AM
I make a townie playable, then set them up in the type of shop I want as a business owner, then never play them.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 9:49 AM
Okay, thank you for the replies. Another question though:
If I were to put in a townie pool replacement and the mods from MATY that stop new dormies, new townies, and unnecesary NPC's (I guess more than 1 police officer?) from being created, would the effect be that a new neighbourhood gets all the townies from the replacement and none else?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 9:59 AM
Yes, that's correct OP.

Rosebine - I can't remember, the sim wound up wearing the NPC uniform but I forget how I achieved that.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 2:57 PM
Wow, thank you so much for the help!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 3:37 PM
You don't need to unhide outfits Rose - the game uses the outfit itself on the simsurgeried sim when they're doing their job.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 8:22 PM
It's actually possible to make service NPCs:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...097#post5015097

They will "spontaneously" wear the right uniform, if there is one, when they're on the job.