Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 9384 (Who?), Viewed: 532843 times.
Page 376 of 376
Mad Poster
#9376 Old Today at 5:07 AM
I'd like a robot that acts just like Data in SNG. Looks and all. It'd be awesome.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Alchemist
#9377 Old Today at 5:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I'd like a robot that acts just like Data in SNG. Looks and all. It'd be awesome.

Looks like someone already put together a Sim that has the Lieutenant Commander in all his jaundice-looking glory. Not a robot, but still.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364702

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#9378 Old Today at 5:31 AM
I ninja'd myself and you did it again! I was looking for 'android' or robot and found that download. I'm tempted to get it and do a sim surgery on a servo to replicate him-it'd be fitting.

Mad Poster
#9379 Old Today at 6:34 AM
You can also make him as a Sim first and use the method described here to turn him into a servo.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Theorist
#9380 Old Today at 8:40 AM
You don't need SimPE for that. You can just create a servo in game and change the appearance with simblender or o. Then age down to teen and back up to adult, give the sim clothes and you have a servo too.

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Alchemist
#9381 Old Today at 8:50 AM
Sounds good, though is there an override which would instead show it with sim skin? I mean... if it was possible to make a Rossum Robot default replacement servo skin? XD And what would the skin look like? Also, would the hair be visible?
Theorist
#9382 Old Today at 8:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Sounds good, though is there an override which would instead show it with sim skin? I mean... if it was possible to make a Rossum Robot default replacement servo skin? XD And what would the skin look like? Also, would the hair be visible?

There's this Facebook group I am a moderator in.
One of the other moderators tried it out and this is the result:
Screenshots

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Alchemist
#9383 Old Today at 9:03 AM
Ooh... so there is a Rossum style robot skin? And is the hair colour random? Also, are the clothes random for the robot? Is there a way to make a mod that would change the voices of the female robots to be Gerri Lawlor instead of Stephen Kearin? (he is an awesome actor and his voice is growing on me, but it's kinda... not that great for female robots XD )

Also slightly off-topic, but I've seen videos of Stephen Kearin, and he's pretty attractive. Got a nice normal voice too.
Scholar
#9384 Old Today at 9:25 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : Today at 9:36 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Ooh... so there is a Rossum style robot skin? And is the hair colour random? Also, are the clothes random for the robot? Is there a way to make a mod that would change the voices of the female robots to be Gerri Lawlor instead of Stephen Kearin? (he is an awesome actor and his voice is growing on me, but it's kinda... not that great for female robots XD )

Also slightly off-topic, but I've seen videos of Stephen Kearin, and he's pretty attractive. Got a nice normal voice too.

That Servo in that picture is mine.

First step is download The Sim Blender if one does not already have it. Second step use the Sim Blender and its Plastic Surgery feature to make the Servo look like an ordinary Sim. Third step use the Sim Blender to Age the Servo to Young Adult or Teen. Forth step use The Sim Blender to Age the Servo back to Adult. Optional Fifth step use Christianlov's SimBoutique_ClothingRack or use the Clothing Tool from MATY {not sure if the clothing tool works...I need to test it} to change the Casual & Formal Clothing if desired.

The hair colour and hair style are chosen in the Sim Blender. Basically use The Sim Blender to change the face.

The faces can be what ever faces that the game makes, one pretty much can do what ever that is wanted as far as looks. I don't know what skin tones are possible, I am lazy and I pick out the light ones. I do know that you can not make an Alien looking one, I tried to do it and could not.

Casual and Formal Clothes are given by default, one can change the Casual and Formal clothes with Christianlov's SimBoutique ClothingRack, I also think that one might be able to use the Clothing Tool from MATY, but I have not tested it yet...I keep forgetting.

I am not very good at creating Sims that look like real people so I don't do Self Sims or Celebrity Sims, but if one is good at making those sorts of sims making a Servo look like Data from ST:TNG would not be very hard. Using The Sim Blender one would just pick one of the Face Templates and then go from there.

I don't have a Set of ST:TNG clothing, but if you do it is trivial to dress your Android in the appropiate outfit for Data's Every Day Uniform and set up another more formal outfit for his Dress Uniform.

Sound like a good project for someone that has the right outfits and likes to create Celebrity Sims.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9385 Old Today at 11:14 AM
I usually do it by way of SimPE & surgery-making sure that the age is adult or younger. I've done it successfully twice, but I always have the problem of making the outfit stick.

The way I've done it before is to create a pixel with the skin type/body/sex that I want the servo to have, and a servo at the same time-go into SimPE to change the servo to that of the character I want it to be and save.

But thanks for the tips about how to make it work in other ways. (and yes, I did download Data.)

Page 376 of 376