Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7401 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
She knows Daniel's married, though...and she knows she's boinking him and Don at the same time...there's plenty of bad decision making all around in that storyline, is all I'm saying.

I had an appropriate random thought the other day and didn't post it. I had the thought again as I opened MTS. And now I'm in the thread and can't remember what the thought is.

=
"an appropriate thought"? Why, I myself often have such flashes of brilliance I am astounded! But it passes...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7402 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Sleep typing again? I was hoping that was the case.

No, just not entirely in my right mind at the time. Sorry if I scared anyone.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7403 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 5:03 PM
Bulbizarre: Ok good. But whatever mind you are "in", I hope you find YOUR true mind, the one the Universe has in mind (!) for you. And my idea of the Universe, the Devine Mind, is that it is only Good. And that we, ALL, are part of it, so can experience it, can BE it. But...free will, ya know. (yes, I know, everyone says that's what they want, but then fears and pain hide the path to their peace and happiness.)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#7404 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 7:03 AM
I just realized after YEARS that some of my favorite custom bookcases (the Hemnes by HugeLunatic) were missing the FT functions not because they weren't updated, but because I didn't read the directions properly and installed both the Pets and FT versions instead of just the FT version.

Always read directions, people.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7405 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 12:11 PM
I have come to the conclusion that despite it being cute when the children play together it is just not worth it to have a playground on an apartment lot. Everyone obsesses over it so much and even when it has a gate I can't lock it, because it's on communal ground.
Mad Poster
#7406 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 3:24 PM
I've found that the adults stay out if you don't put in a swingset, Charity. The rest of the equipment doesn't have nearly the same pull.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#7407 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 6:02 PM
Sometimes I make things for my own game that I really want to share as others might have a use for them, but the thought of taking presentation screenshots and trying to remember where I may have gotten info/resources from (which is not always easy when you have over 30 GB of creative resources saved from a 5-yr period) just kills the mood.

Case in point, I recently made another batch of new uni majors for my game - Nursing (always bugged me that this was not an option), Agriculture (for my farming sims), Pastry Chef (for my restaurant and bakery owning sims), Viticulture and Enology (for added realism when using Sun&Moon's Wine Making Station), Architectural Engineering (literally made this for one sim) and several others I won't bore you with. Guessing others might find at least one of the majors useful too, but the thought of playing any of these through again, just to take the proper screenshots of each semester stage is like... .

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#7408 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 6:35 PM
Now that I'm finally used to it, I LOVE a gaming mouse for Sims builds! I got one that has what's usually a "sniper" button, I guess, but I programmed it as a SHIFT key, and two paired keys that are perfect for rotating objects and adjusting their height if they're wall-mounted... makes things so much easier!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7409 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
No, just not entirely in my right mind at the time. Sorry if I scared anyone.

That's a relief! I saw one of your posts and was getting very worried! Hope you're feeling better. *huggle*
Alchemist
#7410 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have come to the conclusion that despite it being cute when the children play together it is just not worth it to have a playground on an apartment lot.

I found this to be true as well, but for an entirely different reason: My apartments only have children in them about 5% of the time. I always plan my lots so that if there are kids, they have stuff to play on, but yeah, when actually playing, I don't have any kids on the lots and it's only the Adults hanging out there. Then I find myself wishing I'd stuck in a pool or a hot tub lounge instead.

@Zarathustra, which one did you get? I tried one a few months ago and I didn't like it at all. Felt way too weird.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7411 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 12:23 AM
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. It definitely took some getting used to, especially since I was used to my smaller wireless mouse with my laptop, but it didn't really take all that long. Plus the setup actually (for me anyway) ends up being very intuitive.

(Plus it looks cool, and has lights, as @simsample suggested were a required component)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7412 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 8:03 PM
Lately the spouse has been wanting grilled cheese sandwiches all the time. I'm tempted to tell him he's turned into human pixel, but I'm afraid he'd be insulted.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7413 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 11:31 AM
I'm on day 2 of my download spree.... I don't know how my computer handles it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#7414 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Guessing others might find at least one of the majors useful too, but the thought of playing any of these through again, just to take the proper screenshots of each semester stage is like... .

Why would you need to take pictures of each semester?
Theorist
#7415 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Why would you need to take pictures of each semester?

Well, the first time I uploaded a major to MTS, you were required to have in-game pics of the major's details. So, that's why my pics were so detailed for the Child Development major I shared. MTS, may have changed the rules on that, but I haven't checked lately.

I did finally get around to sharing the Pastry Chef major, and will share the Agriculture (for those who enjoy playing farming sims who wish to attend college first) one next.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
#7416 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 5:04 PM
I was able to upload my "Everything Major" without any pictures.
Theorist
#7417 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I was able to upload my "Everything Major" without any pictures.

Be glad then, at the time I shared my first major (in 2017), the submission was sent back for me to add additional images.

In the end, I don't mind adding additional images of things I share, as it gives the downloader more information...which is always nice. It's just extra work for something like a major or career to show the various levels is all. This is why I've never bothered sharing any of the careers I make for my game.

Guess if I was mainly just a creator, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm really a player who happens to create things for my game and share them on occasion...if that makes sense.

Top Secret Researcher
#7418 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 6:58 PM
Guess if I was mainly just a creator, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm really a player who happens to create things for my game and share them on occasion...if that makes sense.

Same here
Mad Poster
#7419 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:34 PM
I haven't played in three months ... these treatments I'm getting are wicked. Sorry about my not doing the school theme. I just couldn't do a building I needed without including dozens of CC items.

I am finding, though, that if you are a true Sims addict, you can't stay away from the game too, too long. The yearning is coming back again ....

On a good note .... I guess? ... my game might have benefited just a little from a downloading hiatus!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#7420 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:59 PM
It's so surprising when, out of the blue, you get some inspiration for the game...
I'm currently working on a MM hood that, I hope, I'll be able to share. I have a background, some characters and plenty of ideas... Just missing the actual hood! I was stuck for a while but I suddenly got an idea for the lot that was giving me problems! I love this game!!
Mad Poster
#7421 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I haven't played in three months ... these treatments I'm getting are wicked. Sorry about my not doing the school theme. I just couldn't do a building I needed without including dozens of CC items.

Are you not allowed CC in a theme submission? Hope you're feeling better.
Alchemist
#7422 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 4:43 AM
Sometimes I make things for my own game that I really want to share as others might have a use for them, but the thought of taking presentation screenshots and trying to remember where I may have gotten info/resources from (which is not always easy when you have over 30 GB of creative resources saved from a 5-yr period) just kills the mood.
If you have a private site, like a tumblr or something, maybe you could upload there and here later if/when the mood strikes to be more thorough?
Mad Poster
#7423 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 11:50 AM
Lab Assistant
#7424 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:21 PM
A sim generated in my game today with the name 'Kandi Apples' (with my own naming mod installed). Got a small chuckle out of that.
Theorist
#7425 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
If you have a private site, like a tumblr or something, maybe you could upload there and here later if/when the mood strikes to be more thorough?

I've actually thought of doing that before, but since I go long stretches without sharing things it didn't seem worth it.

Also, I don't want a hobby to become a chore...which is what trying to maintain a blog would feel like. So, for now I'm content with just posting here and at GoS.

Page 297 of 516