Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 2:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lots that ship with game are delete-able ?
Strange glitch ... was in my current 'hood and noticed a few double lots --- not custom lots , but the ones that are in-game -- so I clicked on the doubles... and found out they're able to be deleted !!

So I deleted the doubles. Then it looked like all of the lots --custom lots and lots that ship with the game -- when selected, are appearing with the trash can 'delete' option ?

Should I delete this sims 2 folder completely and start over ?
And just save my current N002 folder and put it in the new sims 2 folder that I'll make ?

Haven't played this hood too much yet.
Tia.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 2:13 AM
Lots in the empty lot bin are safe to delete because they're just templates.
Occupied lots in the occupied lot bin are probably not safe to delete, but I'm not sure.

Unoccupied lots in the neighborhood should be safe to delete
Occupied lots in the neighborhood are NOT safe to delete.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 2:25 AM
Ok, I've just never noticed the lots like "Moraccan Manor" able to be deleted.... just the custom lots.
And this is the first time I've seen more than one of the same lot that comes with the game.
Weird.

My game crashed while I was in Create A Family making a sim household. This hasn't happened for a while.
My game is at about 190 sims.

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 2:47 AM
yes, you can delete all the Maxis lot, they are just lots. The game came with a trash can for lots, you simply didn't notice it before.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Lots in the empty lot bin are safe to delete because they're just templates.
Occupied lots in the occupied lot bin are probably not safe to delete, but I'm not sure.

Unoccupied lots in the neighborhood should be safe to delete
Occupied lots in the neighborhood are NOT safe to delete.

The 2 occupied lots in the lot bin are safe to delete.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
yes, you can delete all the Maxis lot, they are just lots. The game came with a trash can for lots, you simply didn't notice it before.

Yes, it's really odd b/c the trash can for lots was never enabled before in my game... it showed but was transparent and only turned white (enabled) for the custom lots I'd downloaded.

I always thought it'd be nice to delete some of the game objects and make more room for custom content....heehee. Thanks for the replies.

" Inama Nushif "