Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:27 AM
Default World like Isla Paradiso, but with a basecamp?
I don't know if I should post it here or not, but I can't seem to get to rent a place for my Sims in Isla Paradiso with my Traveler mod, so is there any nice custom Worlds with a tropical feel including a base camp? I know of Ziwa Bonde, but I was going for more of a nice oceany kind of place?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerthreeReturns
I don't know if I should post it here or not, but I can't seem to get to rent a place for my Sims in Isla Paradiso with my Traveler mod, so is there any nice custom Worlds with a tropical feel including a base camp? I know of Ziwa Bonde, but I was going for more of a nice oceany kind of place?

I'm pretty sure you can add a base camp. You can just travel there. Unselected all the sims so it looks like none are travelling. Your game will still transport you there and you can go into edit town and plop down a base camp. Then return home and travel with your sims.

The other way is to open a new Isla Paradiso save and make a base camp. Close your game and copy that Isla paradiso.nhd to your save game and it will have the one you edited.

I may be missing some steps but I just read this on the nraas site. So it's defo doable. You should search on their chatterbox or post it there if you want help with their mods .
It may have even been in the FAQ section of the traveler mod.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:50 AM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:08 AM.
Any world that is reachable by Traveler may have a Base Camp in it placed by the player, this is correct.

But they are also unnecessary unless you really want them for example in order to attract additional tourists. When you arrive at a custom destination, the game (mod) is supposed to ask you where you would like to stay and offer you a choice of uninhabited residential lots free of charge, the cost of lodging having been built into your travel ticket. Actually if you have Uni installed, the prompt will say "Where do you want to stay this term?" and look like it's suggesting dorms and frat/sorority houses, but that's just a text string display glitch and the mod knows you are not really in Uni World. This is not happening for you?

I don't usually bother with Base Camps myself outside of the WA worlds, but always try to keep at least one totally empty 10x10 Residential lot, just a mailbox and trash can, available in each world, so that arriving sims aren't stuck on the lodging screen with no way out should it ever happen that the locals have moved around so much that there aren't any "real" places left to stay. From there I can re-arrange and fix things without having to keep re-doing the travel transition.